GDT: Game 4 | Anaheim Ducks at Calgary Flames | 7:30pm MT

Status
Not open for further replies.

MuffinMerc

Come watch TV
Jan 23, 2013
I wouldn't call Silfverberg's goal a soft one. The guy has one of the best wristers and snap shots in the league.

Wayne Primeau

Stay Gold
Apr 22, 2014
Ottawa
I am so sick of garbage like this. Why pile it all on Colborne? Ramo let in a softy and Gaudreau served up the 2nd goal like a waiter in a 5 star restaurant. The penalty sucked but we had an opportunity to kill it and failed.

Y’know what? I’m a sad, deprived person right now who is in denial and has entered the stage of assigning blame. There were lots of candidates tonight, but Joe - he was the direct link to the loss today.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
I am so sick of garbage Luke this. Why pile it all on Colborne? Ramo let in a softy and Gaudreau served up the 2nd goal like a waiter in a 5 star restaurant. The penalty sucked but we had an opportunity to kill it and failed.

And had a long 5 on 3 where Wideman and Russel looked awful

MuffinMerc

Come watch TV
Jan 23, 2013
such blatant ignorance, blaming one guy tonight is beyond stupid

come-at-me-bro.jpg

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
And had a long 5 on 3 where Wideman and Russel looked awful
Exactly. Hudler is still playing like hot garbage too. Instead let's blame a guy who was actually one of our best players tonight.

StreakingRed

Jan 4, 2007
Calgary, Alberta
Yeah the season is likely over. We're not winning two games in Anaheim, especially when we can barely set up on the PP. Great season for these guys and I couldn't be prouder to cheer for them.

May 27, 2012
Earth
Meh, Colborne allowed them to get ahead because of a dumb penalty. The other was the team not capitalizing on the PP. Either way it started with that penalty.

MuffinMerc

Come watch TV
Jan 23, 2013
clever rebuttal

I don't have to be 100% fanboy every waking second of my time on these boards. I'm a fan. I get to be critical.

Colborne doesn't take an UNNECESSARY penalty at the END of the 2nd, the Ducks and their lethal offence don't go on a 4 minute PP.That simple. Colborne should feel bad for screwing his team especially after winning the firemans hat.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Meh, Colborne allowed them to get ahead because of a dumb penalty. The other was the team not capitalizing on the PP. Either way it started with that penalty.
It started with Gaudreau serving up the 2nd goal.

Wayne Primeau

Stay Gold
Apr 22, 2014
Ottawa
Exactly. Hudler is still playing like hot garbage too. Instead let's blame a guy who was actually one of our best players tonight.

Colborne played 17:21 tonight. In those 17 minutes, he amassed zero shots, one block, four penalty minutes, zero scoring chances, and zero attempted shots, all the while playing sheltered minutes (more offensive zone starts that defensive zone starts).

He was not one of our best players.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I don't have to be 100% fanboy every waking second of my time on these boards. I'm a fan. I get to be critical.

Colborne doesn't take an UNNECESSARY penalty at the END of the 2nd, the Ducks and their lethal offence don't go on a 4 minute PP.That simple. Colborne should feel bad for screwing his team especially after winning the firemans hat.
I'm not saying Colborne didn't make a mistake, but to only blame him is just plain ridiculous.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
I have to say this loss hurts a lot, but not as much as it would've hurt to miss out on the playoffs.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Colborne played 17:21 tonight. In those 17 minutes, he amassed zero shots, one block, four penalty minutes, zero scoring chances, and zero attempted shots.

He was not one of our best players.
Try watching and not just reading the score sheet. Colborne was by far the most physical Flame tonight if you actually cared to pay attention.

Boomstick

Oct 29, 2003
St. Catharines, Ontario
Visit site
I'm not ready to have this season end yet. I love this team. Every game has been fantastic all season long. We'll have to bring out A+++++ game in Anaheim.
We can compete.
But dammit this one stings. I hate Belesky and Perry. Perry should have had a minimum of 3 penalties tonight. Someone's gotta step up and flatten him.
Come on Flames, never quit.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Worst case scenario, we pick 15th.

This game was ours, but we took stupid penalties and made dumb mistakes.

MuffinMerc

Come watch TV
Jan 23, 2013
I'm not saying Colborne didn't make a mistake, but to only blame him is just plain ridiculous.

The teams feed off momentum. That double minor gave the Ducks life and sucked it out of the Flames for the next 10 or minutes. You can't do that against the Ducks on home ice, considering we can't win in Anaheim. So I do think I can blame Colborne first and foremost. I can also blame the penalty killers and the guys on the powerplay who can't execute; but first and foremost You don't need to rely on them if the Ducks didn't get that PP in the first place.

MuffinMerc

Come watch TV
Jan 23, 2013
Try watching and not just reading the score sheet. Colborne was by far the most physical Flame tonight if you actually cared to pay attention.

He started off great, but then it degraded very quickly to "hit everything in sight" for him. It works for a soft team like the Canucks, not a physical team like Anaheim.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
The teams feed off momentum. That double minor gave the Ducks life and sucked it out of the Flames for the next 10 or minutes. You can't do that against the Ducks on home ice, considering we can't win in Anaheim. So I do think I can blame Colborne first and foremost. I can also blame the penalty killers and the guys on the powerplay who can't execute; but first and foremost You don't need to rely on them if the Ducks didn't get that PP in the first place.
The Flames lost momentum when Gaudreau gave it away [mod]

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad