Post-Game Talk: Game 38 The Bear begins 2018 by eating fishsticks and cheesecake in Brooklyn - B's 5 NYI 1 F

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
A month ago we were 25th in the league (by my sketchy memory), were now in 7th LEAGUE WIDE!

True , we were far behind but we did hold a lot of games in hand, now that we have played them , coupled with a hot streak we are where we should have been all along.

Looking at the standings , we are as close to 2nd OA as we are to 15th OA. This league is tight, a short losing or winning streak moves you up or down quickly.

Reactions: Salem13

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
It's good to get a win for Carlo. It's way easier to forget a gaffe like that in a blowout win.

He's a 21 year old defenceman, you're going to have plays like that so anything you can do to help him forget it and stay confident is a bonus.

Reactions: BMC and Oates2Neely

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
And think about how cheap that 4th line is. Extremely small cap hit. Schaller and Acciari scoring more goals this season per 60 mins than Duchene lol. These guys are the best 4th line since Merlot, no question. They were a complete thorn in the side of the Isles all night long, and have been the same to many other teams this season. They absolutely buzz around the ice as if they are double fisting uppers on the bench. It's a beautiful sight to watch those guys.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Cassidy deserves a lot of credit. This team plays a different game since Clode left.

oh ...by the way Clode lovers of the past should know that Montreal continues to be losing 4-1 Sharks.

Montreal sitting 28th in the league.

How many more years did the Habs sign Julien for ? Savvy Don Sweeney knew what he was doing when he made the move to replace CJ with Cassidy.

Reactions: HockeyMomx2

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
And think about how cheap that 4th line is. Extremely small cap hit. Schaller and Acciari scoring more goals this season per 60 mins than Duchene lol. These guys are the best 4th line since Merlot, no question. They were a complete thorn in the side of the Isles all night long, and have been the same to many other teams this season. They absolutely buzz around the ice as if they are double fisting uppers on the bench. It's a beautiful sight to watch those guys.
It’s kind of like watching the Hanson brothers from the movie Slap Shot .

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Those 3 games are slowly losing any kind of drama now . 14 points ahead with 2 games in hand ??

Still way too early to be in the "they're literally for nothing so let's bench Chara and Bergeron for some Providence players" territory. Admittedly, they don't mean much to either team. But it's still a rivalry. Can you imagine how pumped the team would be if they won three games against the Habs in a row...even if there are rumors of trading Patches?

Admittedly, points are at a discount right now, not a premium. But if I had to choose between winning and randomly not getting the points, or getting the points and losing, I'd take the win, not the points.

pineapplestastegood

Oct 4, 2017
Just so that I'm not accused of being a fraud when it turns back the other way, my stance on Rask has not changed. I'm not getting into any arguments on it, you can refer to my post history if you want to know my thoughts, I've stated them many times.

I wouldn't be too worried about Carlo right now, the sophomore slump for defenseman is almost always a guarantee in this league. If he continues playing awful into next year, then I'd say panic, but I don't mind these growing pains right now.

Buckets and Gloves

klaatu barada nikto
Aug 14, 2011
That segment of the Pasta steal to Marchand snipe was beautiful to watch.

The goals will come with those guys, so much talent. Be amazing if they finished year with 0 against, doubt it happens but be incredible.

I rather those boys continuing focusing on shutting down the other teams big dogs, they have the talent on the counter to make the opposing team pay.

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
we are streakin like the 08-09 season right now. always scoring first. contributions from everyone. goal differential through the roof

The B's are now +24. That is #2 in the East (only Tampa is better).

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad