Post-Game Talk: GAME #38 - Canucks vs. Flames - April 7, 2013

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nov 1, 2011
36 shots against

ouch

We were out-chanced pretty badly. It's not unusual for the trailing team to out-shoot the other team but to give up so many grade A scoring chances is concerning.

I'm going to chalk this one up as a goalie win which is concerning considering the competition.

I'm actually excited about our chances this year given the way Roy looks and the fact that Kesler is coming back but I am still not happy that AV has stuck around. Our team does not look good despite having some great personnel.

goodluckchuck

Apr 22, 2012
serious question.

can we seriously say we are contenders and have a pretty good shot at winning the Cup?

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
I can see Gillis throwing 4m at him.

I don't see Roy accepting, he's going to want to be a 2C somewhere. Also, no, I don't see where MG gets the cap room to make that offer. They have 500K with 16 players signed. Even if you move a goalie out, you're only saving $3-4M when you consider that they need a backup. Move out Booth and Ballard maybe, but that leaves $11M to throw at 9 players. There just isn't room for Roy. If it wasn't for Booth's injury, they wouldn't have had room for Roy this year.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
serious question.

can we seriously say we are contenders and have a pretty good shot at winning the Cup?

Not contenders no. Sloppy defense, inconsistent offense.

But we have a 1/16 shot of winning the cup, which is about a 6% chance. If you add in where we are in the standings its a lot lower.

Garth Butcher

Feb 27, 2013
Saskatchewan
roy was bad in the face off circle tonight winning 5 losing 12

Calgary goalies

Player SHA GA SV SV% MINS
Miikka Kiprusoff 21 4 17 0.810 58

Vancouver goalies

Player SHA GA SV SV% MINS
Cory Schneider 38 2 36 0.947 59

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
I don't see Roy accepting, he's going to want to be a 2C somewhere. Also, no, I don't see where MG gets the cap room to make that offer. They have 500K with 16 players signed. Even if you move a goalie out, you're only saving $3-4M when you consider that they need a backup. Move out Booth and Ballard maybe, but that leaves $11M to throw at 9 players. There just isn't room for Roy. If it wasn't for Booth's injury, they wouldn't have had room for Roy this year.

Gilman talked about moving kesler to the wing so its not impossible, also i think we can get to caught up on what line is what, kesler might take more of a shutdown 3c duty , we dont know what they have in mind.

cotillion

May 26, 2011
PoCo

srsly, worry about that after this year.

Dado

I watched the woeful '82 team take a real dynasty to OT in the SCF. After witnessing that, I am not really willing to say "can't happen!"

But boy, the odds sure are long, this just isn't a particularly good team.

medhatcanuck

Jul 8, 2010
Inside JayZ's Belly
1. I agree with the majority. Hansen and Roy should be on different lines. Run Higgy - Roy - Kassian as your 2nd line and not worry about speed. Put Ray - Kes - Hansen against other teams top lines. Hansen and Raymond played well together and hopefully they can set up Kes.

2. Defense was bad again. Garrison and Tanev were the bright spots yet again. I honestly think this is a good problem. Edler, Hammer, and Juice I believe, will rise to the occasion come playoffs. Still amazed Gillis disnt pick up a depth dman, as Barker and Alberts are not gonna cut it.

3. Can't complain too much with a win. I'm glad Wiese looks like he hasn't lost a step an Raymond is almost back to his oldself.

Hopefully well see Ballard and Kes soon.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
completely worked around the UFA question

BoHorvatFan

Dec 13, 2009
Vancouver
I thought we looked pretty awful for a game against Calgary on their back to back.

Thanks Schneider. this defence is horribly built and will be our downfall.

TomWillander1RD

Jul 21, 2004
It seems like Barker is not giving much effort. He just lets Tanev to chase every loose puck. This could give Tanev higher chance to get injured. Wish I don't see him playing anymore.

I don't know what the problem is but Hansen made several pass attempts to Roy that were too ahead of him during the last two games. Maybe it's because Hansen is too much of a north-south player while Roy can sometimes slow down to use his creativity.

WinterEmpire

Unregistered User
Mar 20, 2011
Vancouver
Avoided the question of trying to re-sign here completely.

It seems like he's just trying to focus on playing and worrying about the contract stuff at the end of the season. Not an earth shattering response from players on their last year of a contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad