GDT: Game 37: Columbus at Nashville | 4/4 8:00 PM EDT

jackets4life

Jan 16, 2013
Section 203
in regulation. Only getting an extra point over the Blues when they have games in hand might not be good enough. Although, 2 points in OT is better then nothing.

2 points is 2 points, I honestly don't see the Blues missing the playoffs from the position they are in as of now.

Edmonton is the team that throws a monkey wrench into this whole thing for us, I feel like if Vancouver shuts them down hard tonight they may just cool off a bit.

Detroit is the team we should be eyeing, perhaps also Minnesota and San Jose. I would venture out on a limb and say one of those 3 misses.

We just need to take care of our own business every night. Whatever else happens, so be it. If we can keep winning, that's what matters first and foremost

FreeBoomer61

Feb 8, 2011
If the Jackets can pull off a regulation win tomorrow, and win 6+ of their remaining 11, I like our chances.

Out of the 4 remaining home games, I see us for sure winning against SJS and NSH. I think the MIN game is a toss up, and the Blues will be difficult. At worst, we really need to go atleast 3-1-0 or 3-0-1 (4-0 would be ideal tho).

For the final 7 on the road, we HAVE to beat STL, SJS, and DAL. Like I said earlier, STL will be tough tomorrow night, but they played tonight too (obviously). If we stick to our game, we could roll out of there with 2 pts. Now, if we could beat SJS and DAL too, that would leave make us at worst 6-1-0 or 6-0-1 out of the 7 games I've mentioned above. That would leave use with 51-52 points.

Projection-wise, I think anywhere between 53 and 55 points will cut it. That means we must steal atleast one win from the remaining 4 I haven't mentioned (and if we can get the games against ANA, LA, MIN or COL on the road into OT that would be HUUUUUGE).

So there you go. I'd say this is doable.
We're looking for a solid 6-2-3/6-1-3/7-2-2 or even better run to close this unimaginable season.

Go Jackets.

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
20130404234402_515e488264091.jpg

CBJFan19*

Jan 22, 2013
what sucks is STL has played 2 less games then we have to this point, its just 2 more games for them to get more points, or 2 more games for them to lose, however you want to look at it, but i think we need to finish at least getting points in 7 of the last 11

Jabroni

The People's Champ
Jun 1, 2008
I love any day we beat the Preds. GG.

Gabi looked genuinely happy after his goal. Hope he stays relaxed and play his game.

It was a long time coming.

He was getting his chances in NY, but couldn't score.

I hope he has many more for you guys, as long as he doesn't score against the Rangers.

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
I know I am probably reading too much into this at this point, but this would have been a nice point to have in retrospect. Who'd have thought it would be so important at this point of the season..it pissed me off enough the night it happened, now even moreso.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rs4p3GgyE24

Nothing to be gained by looking backwards.

This needs to be fun. The entire scenario is still very unlikely to work out, no sense sweating the past or all the possibilities. Enjoy the ride, and hope for lots of wins.

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
The goal that Matty got waived off in Edmonton could be pretty big too (even though AA scored shortly after, you can't predict what can happen after any given play), especially considering Edmonton's position now. But as SuperGenius said, doesn't help to look back. Just take each game as if it's your last shot at the post season.

jackets4life

Jan 16, 2013
Section 203
Nothing to be gained by looking backwards.

This needs to be fun. The entire scenario is still very unlikely to work out, no sense sweating the past or all the possibilities. Enjoy the ride, and hope for lots of wins.

I am with you, big game tomorrow. Trust me, I am enjoying the heck out of this season, just get carried away when I start thinking back to the games that got us to this point.

Even if we do not make it this season, I am looking forward to many successful playoff runs in the years to come, no doubt in my mind that they will come. The future is brighter than the biggest optimist would have ever predicted for this team at the start of the season.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Tomorrow makes or breaks this season IMO. Gotta win. Gotta win in regulation too. Losing in OT hurts but still possible, Winning in OT is alright but not preferred.

Hugg

Aug 2, 2005
Columbus
Everything went our way after St. Louis tonight. Detroit, Edmonton and Minnesota all lost in regulation.

From a simple PPG perspective, Detroit is really our target right now

5 SJ 44 in 36 1.22ppg
6 MIN 44 in 37 1.19ppg
7 STL 40 in 35 1.14ppg
8 DET 41 in 37 1.11ppg

9 EDM 39 in 37 1.05ppg
9 CBJ 39 in 37 1.05ppg

we also, have to look at it as being an extra point back because we're at a big disadvantage tiebreaker wise (we're still 14th in the West in ROW)

would be slightly amusing if we missed the playoffs via a tiebreaker rule that was presented by Howson (it's absolutely a good rule)

jackets4life

Jan 16, 2013
Section 203
we also, have to look at it as being an extra point back because we're at a big disadvantage tiebreaker wise (we're still 14th in the West in ROW)

would be slightly amusing if we missed the playoffs via a tiebreaker rule that was presented by Howson (it's absolutely a good rule)

All of this will be key when everything is said and done, one way or another.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
kicking rule

If you are to ask people in the general public, "What is the minimum that constitutes a distinct kicking motion?" They will answer you with a motion far more involved than the twitch that Calvert displayed tonight. The rule's definition seems at variance with it's usage, and it's even worse because it's an absolutely needless rule. A large kicking motion where the whole blade comes off the ice could be dangerous, and that is what we should legislate against, not this slight hint of a kicking motion that currently invalidates goals.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
Worst rule in all of sports.

Should be able to do whatever you want except throw the puck to get it into the net.

If you can use your skate to kick the puck to yourself, a teammate, or away from an opponent then you should be able to use it to kick it in the net.

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
If you can use your skate to kick the puck to yourself, a teammate, or away from an opponent then you should be able to use it to kick it in the net.

Just what we need...a goalie down trying to cover a puck, and players kicking at the puck.

The rule needs a simple clarification. If the point of contact between skate and puck is on the ice, then it's a good goal. If it's not, then it's no goal.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
Just what we need...a goalie down trying to cover a puck, and players kicking at the puck.

The rule needs a simple clarification. If the point of contact between skate and puck is on the ice, then it's a good goal. If it's not, then it's no goal.

Obviously, it isn't as simple as saying you can do whatever with your skate. The point is the rule as it stands now is bad.

Gaborik 10

Mar 29, 2013
Congrats on the win last night gents. Was delighted when I woke up this morning to see you win 3-1, I was even more delighted to see a 2-point night from Gabby :) only downside was the Leafs losing but hey ho.

Seems you guys have a very under-rated team, lot of heart and you play very organised hockey. Bobrovsky is the man.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad