GDT: Game 36: Vegas Golden Knights @ Columbus Blue Jackets | 4:00PM | Silence The Cannon

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Good news, bad news I guess.

Good: Malcolm played well and Flower got rest. 5/8 on the roadie ('spose that's okay). Now four at home.

Bad: Patches hurt (again). Weak Pacific teams keep winning.

Hopefully go on a tear these next games at the Fortress. :nod: Gotta get these homie points now, especially as I'm looking at the standings and see most of the Pacific have games in hand.
I'm particularly worried about the habs. But, as the Kings showed us, no one we face is going to just lie down.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
Was Patches healthy before this injury? He hasn’t scored since November 29 and has missed a couple of games. Before that he was on fire.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Was Patches healthy before this injury? He hasn’t scored since November 29 and has missed a couple of games. Before that he was on fire.
As Montreal fans love to mention, he's a streaky scorer.

I was marking everything up to streakiness, but he may have been playing less than 100% too.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
Personally I don’t really care that much if the team was tired. They actually showed plenty of life in the 3rd period. And I think to separate yourself from other teams you have to find ways to get points in these types of games, especially when you’re trying to chase teams in the standings.

Overall you could say the road trip was okay but the team lost ground in the standings. Calgary won 3 straight, and the Sharks and Ducks won 4 straight.

OTOH the Knights have played the most road games in the league and the rest of the schedule looks pretty favorable. The team needs to make a run these next few weeks. Win the home games and beat LA (the Kings and Knights will play 3 times in the next month).

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
As Montreal fans love to mention, he's a streaky scorer.

I was marking everything up to streakiness, but he may have been playing less than 100% too.

Yeah saying he hasn’t scored since November 29 could just be a coincidence so I wasn’t sure. The fact that he also missed another game was a bigger deal to me.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Personally I don’t really care that much if the team was tired. They actually showed plenty of life in the 3rd period. And I think to separate yourself from other teams you have to find ways to get points in these types of games, especially when you’re trying to chase teams in the standings.

Overall you could say the road trip was okay but the team lost ground in the standings. Calgary won 3 straight, and the Sharks and Ducks won 4 straight.

OTOH the Knights have played the most road games in the league and the rest of the schedule looks pretty favorable. The team needs to make a run these next few weeks. Win the home games and beat LA (the Kings and Knights will play 3 times in the next month).

I think i read somewhere last night, if Vegas keeps the same record away and the same record at home they are on track for 97 points. We definitely can not afford to drop home games, hopefully we can show better on the road. Also compared to last season we also have had a pretty front heavy schedule, and I think Jan and Feb we have lighter loads in GP than last season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad