Post-Game Talk: GAME #36 - Sharks def. Canucks - 3-2

Dado

Which is what worries me about the playoffs, we don't seem to be good at coming back when it counts anymore which is far removed from what we use to be able to do the past couple of years.

That glorious third period comeback in Toronto - with the backup goalie (who was so memorable I've already forgotten his name) - now seems like a lifetime ago.

Seatoo

Never Stop Poasting
Oct 19, 2012
Okanagan
Let's play a game

"I thought we played a really solid two way game for 15 whole minutes we just couldn't pull out the win."

"I think the coaching staff and I saw some real improvement in our execution of our defensive scheme. We only gave up 3 goals in rapid succession instead of 4 - that's a 25% improvement"

"We will probably try Ebbett with the Sedins next game and move Bieska to centre the 4th line so we can get Alberts and Barker some more playing time because I think we will be leaning heavily on those two hard working professionals."

"En Francis?"

Who am I?

Cromulence

Up and at them!
Nov 15, 2009
What bugs me is if the Canucks could have stemmed the meltdown at 2-0 we'd be in OT right now. I'm absolutely sick of this team breaking rather than bending. They fall apart for short periods and hand the game away.

Bro Horvat

2011 Truther
Mar 20, 2013
Vancouver
That glorious third period comeback in Toronto - with the backup goalie (who was so memorable I've already forgotten his name) - now seems like a lifetime ago.

it was Andrew Raycroft

We also came back from 3-0 to win in a shootout in Montreal last season

deadinthewater

Jan 14, 2012

Raycroft? Yeah, that game was great. Didn't the top line score all 5 goals?

John Bender*

I guarantee you he is going to say "outside of 10 minutes in the 2nd we played a good game". Guaranteed lock!

Book it.

I would hope that behind the scenes the braintrust is acutely aware of the fact that this team needs some help. They need a sniping forward, a third line face off winning centre. They need help on defense - someone who can run a PP - get a shot through. You can't go into the playoffs putting Garrison, Bieksa, Hamhuis, Tanev out when you need a goal late in a game.

If Gillis could somehow pull off Boyle........that'd be a start.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Let's play a game

"I thought we played a really solid two way game for 15 while minutes we just couldn't pull out the win."

"I think the coaching staff and I saw some real improvement in our execution of our defensive scheme. We only gave up 3 goals in rapid succession instead of 4 - that's a 25% improvement"

"We will probably try Ebbett with the Sedins next game and move Bieska to centre the 4th line so we can get Alberts and Barker some more playing time because I think we will be leaning heavily on those two hard working professionals."

"En Francis?"

Who am I?

An overreacting poster on HF?

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
Was that when Raycroft was trolling the maple leafs fans?

medhatcanuck

Jul 8, 2010
Inside JayZ's Belly
People need to realize we're running a team without an entire 2nd line, take the entire second line off anyteam for a prolong period of games, and i bet our team handled it one of the best. and we're also missing a key pieces from our 3rd and 4th line.

AV is doing status quo-ok. No coach can clean up the mess injuries has left this team with. (although i've hated how he has handled Ballard/Alberts/Barker)

For all the people beaking kesler, look how horrible our special teams is without him. He is absolutely vital to our PP, PK, and possession time.

Our team is fine. We just need to add a 3rd line center, 2nd line winger, and a depth defencemen to ensure that Alberts and barker never see the light of day. Our team is fine as long as Gillis addresses those three needs and the team gets healthy soon.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Let's play a game

"I thought we played a really solid two way game for 15 while minutes we just couldn't pull out the win."

"En Francis?"

Who am I?

Peppy Le Pew?

pahlsson

Mar 22, 2012

woop woop happier times

hordichuk actually did pretty well in that scrap too

enuck

Relax and enjoy
Jan 20, 2007
Under a palapa
Everyone wants the guy... who wouldn't BUT I wouldn't want to be the team left holding the bag when he's forced to retire OR worse yet, stuck on your team at his cap hit playing ineffective 3rd line minutes. Trade him while he still has value...
Everyone wants him but you apparently. You're going a little overboard with the projections. Lots of players get ham stringed with multiple injuries and do just fine.. like back to 100%.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad