GDT: Game 36: NYR@COL | Sat 31 Dec 6:30pm MT | Sun 1 Jan 2017 8am MMT | Start the New Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Looked up Liljegren because I don't know anything about him, but he's a right handed small d-man, sound more like another Barrie. Do the Avs really need that? Don't think that's what the Avs need

Iracundia

Jun 19, 2011
Looked up Liljegren because I don't know anything about him, but he's a right handed small d-man, sound more like another Barrie. Do the Avs really need that? Don't think that's what the Avs need

The Avs need dynamic D regardless. If Liljegren plays to his current top 2 status then he is much better than Barrie and we can look at making a trade in the future. It will be easy to get value for Barrie should it come to that. We could easily trade him for a LD who better meets our needs. Wouldn't it be nice to have to make decisions on what good D to keep rather than making threads about how to trade for one

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
The Avs need dynamic D regardless. If Liljegren plays to his current top 2 status then he is much better than Barrie and we can look at making a trade in the future. It will be easy to get value for Barrie should it come to that. We could easily trade him for a LD who better meets our needs. Wouldn't it be nice to have to make decisions on what good D to keep rather than making threads about how to trade for one

Well yeah that's one way to go I guess, I'm just hoping someday this team finds a elite #1 d-man like most teams have. When you look around the league, almost every team has drafted a stud #1 d-man, only Avs and just a couple other teams haven't.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
I think having a good talented defensive group should be the goal, not just one stud No. 1 D Man Rulz FTW

One basically leads to the other.

Add a young, legit #1 D to this roster and the D all of a sudden looks very decent in the near future.

#1 - EJ #2 (which he should be ideally on a good team)
#3 Zads - #3 Barrie
#3/4 Bigras - 5/6 Wiercioch/Tyutin/Beauch
#6/7 Beauch/Tyutin/Wiercioch/Gelinas

The problem right now is that Zads and Bigras are not there yet in their development and that everyone else has to play above the role they are comfortable with. (Zads included which may or may not hinder his development).

EJ as a #2 , Barrie as a #3 that gets to focus on his offense with Zads cleaning up in front of the net for him with Bigras anchoring the third pairing looks amazing IMO.

That would be putting them in a position to succeed.
But right now everyone is playing atleast one slot ahead of where they should play or atleast not the role they should occupy on this team.

That is why IMO adding that big minute munching guy that does well against top competition and help solidify our PP at the same time is the one big hole the Avs really need to fill sooner than later.

I am not sure that throwing in yet another borderline #2/3 guy would really fix our issues. It certainly would help a lot in the short term.
But we would still have some people playing a role they shouldn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad