GDT: [Game #36] Dallas Stars @ Nashville Predators - 7:00 PM CT (BSSWX)

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
AWfWAPY.png

GAME #36 – 12/27/2022 – 7:00 PM CT – BSSWX
Bridgestone Arena

Your Dallas Stars
vs. the Nashville Predators
20-9-6, 46 pts ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ 14-13-5, 33 pts

1em5YM3.png

gtDlbLy.jpg
a2TH9tL.jpg

Forward lines '22-23 copy.png

:nashville

Forsberg - Novak - Granlund
Niederreiter - Glass - Jeannot
Trenin - Johansen - Duchene
Smith - Parssinen - Sissons

Josi - McDonagh
Ekholm - Carrier
Lauzon - Fabbro

Saros

fMRTnDk.png

Last edited:
Reactions: LT

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Pretty sure nearly every advanced standings projection model had the Preds finishing higher than the Stars. Still time, I suppose.

Reactions: Elysian

roryjones

Oct 17, 2022
Olofsson…another blah call up that will do nothing on the 4th line. I guess keep trying till one sticks. Can Nill call up a defenseman to replace Suter? Healthy scratch would be nice for him.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
It is starting to feel a bit like they're just spinning a wheel to see who gets called up. Olofsson didn't really show much at all to me to indicate he was NHL ready in the preseason. And he's 26. This might be a "please don't go back to Sweden" move.

Reactions: Johno

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Olofsson was not impressive in pre-season and his numbers in the AHL don't indicate he should be called up. Haven't watched many Texas games this year so I'm not 100% sure on his play.

roryjones

Oct 17, 2022
Pretty sure nearly every advanced standings projection model had the Preds finishing higher than the Stars. Still time, I suppose.
That was a strange projection and I read several predictions had Dallas out of the playoffs and Nashville in. Not sure why considering Nashville had several guys with career year last year and they barley made it in. Their top guys were bound to drop and they have.

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
Christmas bonuses.

He's not on an ELC. He makes the same at the NHL and AHL levels on a one-way deal.

He's expected to play, and he's getting called up over guys like Blumel and Damiani. It's not a Tufte or Karlsson call-up to simply have an extra body on the road trip.

The only reason Tufte played was whatever is going on with Gurianov, and since that situation is ongoing, any call-up will be playing.

I definitely thought Blumel or Damiani were the top two options for actually playing, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
That was a strange projection and I read several predictions had Dallas out of the playoffs and Nashville in. Not sure why considering Nashville had several guys with career year last year and they barley made it in. Their top guys were bound to drop and they have.

Because any kind of statistical model is going to have an awful time differentiating between an anomalous career year and actual improvement. They also suck at accounting for coaching changes. All of these numerical models are pretty garbage but end up getting the most obvious things right.

ugrakarma

>/dev/null
Jan 28, 2006
boonies, Finland
Data is valuable but how does one predict what happened with Olli Jokinen and Mike Keenan as an example. Data driven but keep your mind open? Overall it's like swimming in quick sand. One can always argue the data hasn't been applied correctly etc. Just another tool perhaps I don't know.

Sports2

smack my bisch up
Jul 1, 2018
Olli Jokinen is the most prototypical Finnish person to me. He is so aggressively Finnish in the best way possible.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Data is valuable but how does one predict what happened with Olli Jokinen and Mike Keenan as an example. Data driven but keep your mind open? Overall it's like swimming in quick sand. One can always argue the data hasn't been applied correctly etc. Just another tool perhaps I don't know.

You can't. That's the problem with numbers, you have to somehow build a flexible enough model but predicting outliers is virtually impossible.

Reactions: Zapp

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1