Post-Game Talk: Game 36 Bruins lose 12th straight to Caps - 1370 days and counting - Caps 4 B's 3 F/SO

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
upload_2017-12-28_22-32-14.png

upload_2017-12-28_22-31-18.png

:bruins:caps

GAME SUMMARY

EVENT SUMMARY

PLAY BY PLAY

FACEOFF SUMMARY

TOI BRUINS

Last edited:

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
I'm guessing he got proper ship for not telling them to challenge the first goal and was afraid not to tell them to challenge the 2nd goal because of it. Either way he should be immediately fired. Anyone of us on these boards could do a better job than that

KrejciWinger

Nov 3, 2015
Posters are ignorant on this board.

You go with Nash because he is near 40-50% in the shootout and riding a hot hand. Not Cassidys fault, all people who an inkling of intelligence go with that
agreed. the choice that bothers me is actually 63. Marchy has been making things more difficuilt for himself lately.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
A point is a point. The Bruins played well enough to get the win but let the Capitals get back in the game. Marchand, Pastrnak, and Krug need to be better. They are a part of this team's core and have not contributed in the last two games. They need to stop trying to be pretty and trust their ability to play the game.

Backes seems to be doing well lately. 12pts in 14 games since he last came back from his surgery.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I would have liked to see Chuckie Bright Lights as the 3rd shooter, but I won't get on Cassidy for going with Nash who has been good in the shoot career wise, and has been feeling it.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Or maybe go with the guy who was 100 percent when needing a goal to keep it going?
Just throwing this out there. But maybe they’re trying to ease up The pressure on McAvoy a bit. Nash has been around awhile in the league and has been good in the shootout. I don’t think that’s a bad call.

Krug on the other hand was horrific again. I’ll give credit to Cassidy for benching him.

The rest of Bruce’s decisions tonight though we’re pretty rough

Reactions: frickinbobby

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
What's even more painful is both Marchand and Pasternak had Holtby dead to rights and failed to score

Reactions: BMC

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I think this game's momentum turned when the Caps started playing the body. I'm not a big contributor to the wolves/sheep thread but I find it hard to argue with the knuckle draggers on this one. ;-)

I didn't see it that way at all. Bruins stopped skating in the 2nd period, stopped executing. Caps got to loose pucks faster and made plays. I didn't see their physical play to be anything outstanding or abnormal or intimidate the Bruins in any way.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
cant beat these guys.
shouldve been up 5-0.
then our first two shootout shooter miss total layups

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Glad we are done playing these guys, talk about having our number. On the positive was the Nash line, they keep on suprising me, they have excellent chemistry. The Bergy line looked sluggish for the 2nd game in a row, Pastrnak in particular is struggling. The 4th line had another excellent night. I wonder if Cassidy is thinking of elevating McAvoy and Matt G to the #1 PP unit, they look good, Krug not so much these days.

Reactions: frickinbobby

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad