GDT: Game 35: Phoenix Coyotes @ San Jose Processing Plant | 3-30-13 | 7:30PM MST

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
82 game schedule - 95 pts is a 58% points percentage.

48 game schedule - 56 pts is a 58% points percentage.

We need to win 11 of the last 13 to hit 56 pts.

Possible but not probable.

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
Well it could be possible with less wins if Chicago, Anahiem, Minnesota, and Vancouver keep winning and Los Angeles, San Jose, Detroit, St Louis, Dallas, Edmonton, Nashville, and Columbus lose a bunch of games.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Well it could be possible with less wins if Chicago, Anahiem, Minnesota, and Vancouver keep winning and Los Angeles, San Jose, Detroit, St Louis, Dallas, Edmonton, Nashville, and Columbus lose a bunch of games.

Aliens could invade and make the season irrelevant. Can't forget that possibility, if we are reaching that far.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
AzFlyingPuck is correct, it will take 22 pts out of 26 pts to make the playoffs.

At this point, I'd call us sellers...too many teams in front of us and with games in hand.

It would take a miracle at this point to make it. Time to start converting UFA's to assets, in my opinion.

OOEEL

Apr 9, 2012
Arizona
Well... I think I'm ready.

AV0919MooseheadsSpecialSection01web.jpg

Let's do this.

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
"@cmorgancbsfoxaz: Sports Club Stats has the #Coyotes' chances of making the playoffs down to 8.4%: http://t.co/AQPOtZMjH4"

-You mean not good, like one out of 100?

-I'd say more like one out of a million.

-So you're telling me there's a chance! Yeah!

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
"@cmorgancbsfoxaz: Sports Club Stats has the #Coyotes' chances of making the playoffs down to 8.4%: http://t.co/AQPOtZMjH4"

Odd for an affiliate of the team to tweet such a thing. Not that it's untrue. Perhaps prepping the fans for some selling?

theoriginal55

Aug 6, 2005
Current eighth place team would finish with 52 pts if averaged out for season. A case can be made for anywhere from 52 up. Most NHL pundits are calling for it to take 54 pts to make it in. Coyotes starting to look better, maybe we can get on an end of season roll.

DesertDawg

Mar 6, 2002
Superstition Mts
ridefree.net
The 8th-placed team also has two games in hand, for what it's worth.

...and winless in the last 3. I just don't believe in all this over analyzing.
Maloney has some hard decisions.
I would prefer that he just blow off this season and trade anybody that is not signed for next season. I don't know if he can commit to that though. The problem with having the team owned by the NHL.

zz

Nov 1, 2006
3-point games. That's what I want. You can't make OT longer. I wish we could, but the schedule is gruesome enough.

coyotes

Mar 8, 2013
I'm going with Vrbata, Boedker and Sully for the shootout.

Boedker is terrible in the shootout. I would much rather give someone else a chance like OEM. The problem with Coyotes shootouts is there is too much dancing and not enough shooting. Give me three random guys on the roster and we will probably win these shootouts cuz they are not going to try and fool anyone with some fancy break dance moves and will just shoot the dam puck

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Boedker is terrible in the shootout. I would much rather give someone else a chance like OEM. The problem with Coyotes shootouts is there is too much dancing and not enough shooting. Give me three random guys on the roster and we will probably win these shootouts cuz they are not going to try and fool anyone with some fancy break dance moves and will just shoot the dam puck

I disagree, Boedker can be quite good in the shootout - he has the speed and the shiftiness, and lest we forget he totally undressed Quick and Schnieder in highlight reel goals last year. I just think that his "pass first" mentality that precludes him from being the goal scorer we want him to be is still in effect during SOs, causing him to hesitate/over-stickhandle and not take the shot.

pacerhimself

Mar 17, 2012
Boedker needs to use his speed in the shoot out. It's really something he should practice in the off-season, and work with Vrbata on it. He really should work on developing the speed differential, getting the goalie back into the crease and then sniping a shot.

zz

Nov 1, 2006
...and I would add 3 points for a regulation or OT win and 2 points for a shootout win and 1 point for a shootout loss.

How about 3 point regulation wins, 2 point OT win, 1 point SO win, 0 loser point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad