GDT: [Game #34] Dallas Stars vs. Edmonton Oilers - 8:30 PM CT (TNT)

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
Oilers goalie was not good at all and they still managed to get the win. Oh well.

I hope there's never another Stars game on TNT. If that means no playoffs, then f*** it. No playoffs, lol. God damn games wouldn't probably start until 9:45 every night anyways. :laugh:

Reactions: redbeardtx

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
Stars could be passed by Winnipeg tomorrow night and will then have Minnesota and Colorado breathing down their necks too.

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
Crazy that Oettinger went from Vezina level to this over 30 games.
Screenshot_2022-12-22-00-31-59-79_df198e732186825c8df26e3c5a10d7cd.jpg

Yeah he's so terrible

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
He's trash. He let in tight shots by the league's two leading scorers go in. Bah Humbug! That said, what we have for sure is an upper third NHL goalie who can ramp it up when challenged (i.e., playoffs, not letting Ovie score no. 800). While if feels like Belfour, Turco, and/or Bishop never had a slump, I bet if we look back at their game by game records our nostalgic memories probably don't match realities.

Reactions: Elysian

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
if you can point out where I used the word terrible i won't make fun of you for being an emo
Around here, there is "otherworldly" or "trash" and not much in between, LOL.

There was a brief period after his injury when he let if a few softies he doesn't necessarily let in. Lately, while he hasn't been Calgary playoffs good (under a different D system) most goals are either in close, bar down, upper corner, or occasionally no rebound control combined with the D not clearing the puck after the first chance.

Short version, for the most part, he stops what he should stop, still makes a few spectacular saves, etc. Visually, to me he looks like a guy who was on a .958 SV% run and is now "down to" .922%. I remember Kari L was at .915 and still in the top half of the league when he played, in more defensive systems.

it would be an interesting poll to see how many teams and/or fan bases would take Jake over their own goaltenders. "I'll take Jake" sounds like a good slogan for us.

JeffP

had meat hello
Nov 30, 2010
i went to beer sleep after the 2nd period and dreamt we pulled this one out
brutal outcome :{

Reactions: ugrakarma

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
It's the same people that have been bitchy for weeks now making everything hyperbolic.

There's a stark contrast between how he played in the beginning of the season to now. If you want to refuse to acknowledge that then that's your problem. No need to act like a twitter bitch to everyone that you disagree with.
His previous four games save % was an average of .946 until last night's game which was under .900. His first 4 games averaged .959. Better, yes, but not that much, and I think the team was playing better as well.

I reported your post, as I don't need anyone calling me names for pointing out facts. No need for you to be a jackass to other Stars fans who post here. Merry Xmas.

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
if you can point out where I used the word terrible i won't make fun of you for being an emo
"This" right after he let in 5 goals? If you didn't mean that, maybe be a bit more concise. He's still an upper tier goalie, and scoring is up around the league yet he's still putting up great numbers.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Really liked the Johnston line tonight. He and Marchment in particular had very strong games
This is the second line now right?

Robertson Hintz Pavelski
Benn Johnston Marchment
Kiviranta Dellandrea Seguin

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

Robertson Hintz Pavelski
Benn Johnston Marchment

Oh 100%. It's arguably been the 2nd line all season long with how they've been playing and how Benn has been. Especially now with Marchment

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Oettinger was good on the roadtrip . So no idea what the hell people are talking about. Yeah he had a bad game against the Oilers. Happens but he was good his last starts before that.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006

Robertson Hintz Pavelski
Benn Johnston Marchment
The Benn/Johnston combo has been the 2nd line in effectiveness most of the season including when they had Dellandrea.

Seguin is in a weird spot where individually he's looking pretty good and showing signs of improvement but has been unable to develop much chemistry with anyone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad