GDT: Game 33: Jackets at Buffalo Sabres | 19 Dec 2023, 7 pm ET

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Laine looked good with Johnson, he may not fit in with the forwards regardless though. I would hate if his jackets tenure ended with him never playing with a RH point man on the PP though.
I'm just thinking from a cap standpoint we can replace what he brings elsewhere and we'll need that extra space in a few seasons.

Reactions: thebus88

Bobcat205

addicted to the grind
Sep 22, 2023
your local KFC
I really should feel secure about this, but i've been burned before.

If former Cincinnati Cyclone Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen keeps playing the way he's been playing, though, then maybe i'll calm down.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I said this in the other thread (the shake-up thread): This team, because of youth, is wildly susceptible to momentum. When it's going bad, they're powerless. But on the rare occasion when they're blowing off doors, they can certainly ride a wave.
It also partly explains why the team looks like a contender one night just to turn around and look like an echl team for the next month afterwards. They haven't learned to not get caught up in the highs and low, you gotta find that middle ground. Celebrate while your in the rink but after you walk out it's on to the next game. It's a long season and the real grind doesn't even start until April.

Reactions: majormajor

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad