GDT: Game 32: Anaheim Ducks vs Calgary Flames, 7pm PT, BSSC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC
Drysdale coming back isnt as big of a difference maker as Z or McT, but its a bigger deal. Drysdale has missed so much time between last year and then the most recent injury, we need to see him back and playing consistently. We've only seen glimpses of what he can do, he has to start logging time, getting back into the flow and progressing in his maturation.

Hes the guy who worries me the most. When a young guy misses that much time, you have to wonder if his progress will be/has been stunted. He also has to come in just like the rest of these young guys and earn a spot for the future. We have a lot of talent on D either here, or coming soon to an arena near you.

Can he be consistent? Can he be an offensive and defensive threat? Will he continue to be a liability in his own zone? Does he still have that next level he can get to?

Reactions: Leonardo87

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
Hey folks, out of towner (Canucks fan who hates Calgary and counts the ducks as a favourite among divisional opponents) who will be coming to see your team hopefully pistol whip the Flames.

Wondered if there are any tips you fine folks have around parking,or anything I should prioritize at the rink that my gf might enjoy?

I’m a lifelong hockey fan but she is quite new to the sport.

Really looking forward to seeing Carlson and Mintyukov in person for the first time.

Also mctavish. I was hoping not to draft him when I read his profile but I was wrong. Reminds me a bit of Bertuzzi out there sometimes and I say this as someone who doesn’t just compare every player to a former Canuck.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Hey folks, out of towner (Canucks fan who hates Calgary and counts the ducks as a favourite among divisional opponents) who will be coming to see your team hopefully pistol whip the Flames.

Wondered if there are any tips you fine folks have around parking,or anything I should prioritize at the rink that my gf might enjoy?

Really looking forward to seeing Carlson and Mintyukov in person for the first time.

Also mctavish. I was hoping not to draft him when I read his profile but I was wrong. Reminds me a bit of Bertuzzi out there sometimes and I say this as someone who doesn’t just compare every player to a former Canuck.
Welcome to Anaheim! I park down the street at Noble Ale Works, it's a little bit of a walk but free parking, it's Anaheim so the weather isn't bad, and there's places to get drinks either there or at the restaurant on the way to the stadium. I also like parking away from the stadium because getting out of the lot is so much easier. There's also $5 parking on or just off Katella if you want to park a little closer.

DuckDuckGetz

Nov 20, 2017
Welcome to Anaheim! I park down the street at Noble Ale Works, it's a little bit of a walk but free parking, it's Anaheim so the weather isn't bad, and there's places to get drinks either there or at the restaurant on the way to the stadium. I also like parking away from the stadium because getting out of the lot is so much easier. There's also $5 parking on or just off Katella if you want to park a little closer.

While this is true most of the time, there is an 80% chance of rain when the game gets out tonight

Reactions: duckaroosky

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA

There’s lots for $5-10 on Katella, both in between the movie theater plaza and the arena, and then past the arena and the freeway, not too bad of a walk at all, would recommend one of those

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
Do we know whether it's fowler or mint or dry on pp1?
What I was seeing on lineup sites was Minty-Strome.

I'm not super huge on what Strome has done, but I'm glad him and Frank are together here. If you balance the two salaries, it works out ok.

Think Killer has a game, and hope whoever "sugarlips" is gets a goal.

Welcome back JD :party::partytime:

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC

To echo a few others, park away from the arena. There is construction going on so pace is limited which causes major delays. If you have the time, stop off somewhere to eat before the game and just walk over. Will save you time and $$.

In the arena itself, not much to miss. Again if you have the time, get there early and just walk around. Tons of different options for food/drink, some stores and whatnot.

Enjoy the game!

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010

My first early vision of Mason was a bigger Dino Ciccarelli, but I'll settle for a smaller big Bert. tho.

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Seeing isn’t Believing, Believing is seeing. :sarcasm:

Space Balls, Playing with Dolls.gif

edit: the links still aren't compiling after publishing. just gotta save and upload the gifs.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013

danny k's sports bar is a 10 or so minute walk from the arena. you can park in their lot for free and walk over to the game. if their lot is full, there's always parking on main street right there too (also free) danny k's is a great spot for some pre-game food and drinks

Reactions: Rybread86

Firequacker

used wall of text! It's not very effective...
Jun 3, 2022
LaCombe has more upside than Vaak and is three years younger. Defensively, the coaching staff prefers LaCombe over Vaak, which is why Vaak got replaced from the top line with LaCombe. Also, people are forgetting LaCombe is a staple on the PK unit.

Many are enamored with Vaak-Gudas, but not realizing Vaak is in a sheltered role. Here are LaCombe's last two games playing with Gudas (Luneau was playing top-pairing with Fowler), Game 25 vs the Avs and Game 26 vs the Blackhawks:

Gm 25
View attachment 787970

Gm 26
View attachment 787971

I don't think many are giving LaCombe enough credit for playing up at the top-line as a rookie and disregard what he can do as a pairing with Gudas.
That first card you're citing still shows LaCombe's performance as almost entirely negative, in contrast to Gudas. Meanwhile, here's the card from Vaaks' one full game on the top pairing with Fowler, which looks better than that and also better than most of LaCombe's performances with Fowler. (For that matter, he did better than LaCombe with Gudas in this game.)

Considering how much discussion there's been about the weird methodology of the stat cards, I don't know how much stock I'd put in them for either side of the discussion. But since you're citing them, it's got to at least be mentioned that the picture isn't quite so clear cut.

Additionally, Vaaks-Gudas has performed somewhat better in basically every statistical respect than LaCombe-Gudas. To be fair, the sample size there isn't huge (though it's more than 6x the sample size of Vaaks' 15 minutes on the top pair, so if sweeping conclusions can be drawn from one they can be drawn from the other). 'LaCombe would do better than he is now with Vaaks' deployment' and 'LaCombe would do better than Vaaks with Vaaks' deployment' do not necessarily follow.

It's much more likely LaCombe is getting preference over Vaaks because of your first point, that he's younger and seen as having more upside. It's the right decision in a developmental year, but comparing the actual performance of the two isn't really as simple as Vaaks being sheltered and LaCombe not.

snowave

Jan 7, 2012
Idaho
I kinda irks me why Kilhorn's nickname is Killer. I mean, yeah... on the surface, sure it goes great with his last name... And yeah, the Slap Shot reference, too I guess. But,... it's not even closely related to his game, since he's not very physical or mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad