GDT: Game 31: Leafs @ Sabres - March/21 - Window shopping at the firesale - YT video in OP

• Thread starter Penalty Kill Icing*
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Penalty Kill Icing*

van Riemsdyk - Bozak - Kessel
MacArthur - Grabovski - Frattin
Lupul*Hamilton - Kadri - Kulemin
Komarov - McClement - Orr

Gunnarsson - Phaneuf
Gardiner - Liles
Fraser - Franson

Reimer*
Scrivens

* Lupul could face a potential suspension, Reimer isn't a confirmed starter. Same line-up used from last night as Leafs didn't practice today.

Ott - Hodgson - Pominville
Stafford - Ennis - Leino
Foligno - Porter - Flynn
Scott - Hecht - Kaleta

Ehrhoff - Weber
Regehr - Myers
Leopold - Pysyk

Miller
Enroth

Streams: ATDee, FirstRow, OurLeafs

[fieldset=Preview]MAPLE LEAFS (16-12-2) at SABRES (11-15-4)

TV: SNET-O, MSG-B

Last 10: Toronto 4-4-2; Buffalo 4-3-3

Season series: This is the last of four meetings. The Toronto Maple Leafs have won two in a row after losing the first, with one game going to overtime.

Big story: Ron Rolston took over as coach of the Buffalo Sabres one month ago Wednesday. On that day, they were 13th in the Eastern Conference. Thursday morning, they are 13th in the Eastern Conference, though they have gone 7-5-3 in 15 games under Rolston after going 4-10-1 in 15 under Lindy Ruff.

The Sabres are chasing, among others, the Maple Leafs, who are sixth in the East after a 4-2 win against the Tampa Bay Lightning on Wednesday.

"Tomorrow is obviously a big test for us," Sabres captain Jason Pominville said on the team's website Wednesday. "[It's] a team we're trying to catch. It's going to be a big game, a home game that it'd be nice to pull off and get ourselves closer to where we want to be."

Team Scope:

Maple Leafs: Forward Joffrey Lupul has three goals and an assist in two games since returning from a broken arm, but he was penalized for an illegal check to the head of Tampa Bay's Victor Hedman in the third period Wednesday.

"I was surprised, I didn't see the play, actually what had happened," coach Randy Carlyle said. "Somebody said something about the Lupul hit and I haven't had a chance to review it."

It was Toronto's first win in two weeks, a losing streak of five games.

"It feels really good, but at the same time there was no panic in here," goalie James Reimer told the team's website. "... We weren't doing things to our best ability and that'll happen sometimes. I thought we put together pretty much a solid 60 minutes tonight and we can build off it, feel good and hopefully bring another good performance tomorrow."

Defenseman Jake Gardiner was back with the team after being recalled from the American Hockey League. He played 19:20 and was a minus-1.

"I was moving my feet well, and our team played really well tonight, so that really helped," Gardiner said, adding, "It's good to get the first one out of there."

Thursday starts a string of six games in nine days, three on the road.

"We need to build on the success of the win here and carry that over into the next one, the next one, the next one, because all of these games are going to come quick here," Carlyle said.

Injury report: The Maple Leafs have no injuries. … Sabres defenseman Andrej Sekera (upper body) is day-to-day.[/fieldset]

goleafsgo.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Penalty Kill Icing*

Doing it again as no-one had claimed the GDT. the video in OP is a must watch.

KingBuzzo

A custom title.
Nov 3, 2010
Toronto
We need these two points badly going into a back to back situation with the Bruins. Hopefully the boys pick up from where they left off last night, aside from the third.

Let's go Leafs!

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
The video was meh, I have a different sense of humour clearly. :laugh:

But GO LEAFS GO!!!!!!!

Asif16*

Why do i have a bad feeling about this one?? Reading into the Buffalo players comment's, they are really geared up for this one because they know the leafs are a team they are chasing. They are gonna start firing right away and gonna jump us right from the start, knowing that we are on a Back to back. Ryan miller will once again go GOD mode on us. Just watch. Its leafs luck :(

stakesishigh

how swede it is
Jul 9, 2009
Toronto
Pumped for another hockey game. It sucks that there's a good chance we're going to be missing Lupul who is on fire right now.

Go Leafs! We should be able to defeat a seriously demoralized Sabres if we play a solid 60 minutes. Is Vanek injured? I thought I read something about him leaving a game recently.

MrPiff17

Bay St. Bullies
Feb 22, 2009
the 416
We need a fight at the beginning of each period, like Fraser's fight last night. It's our teams shot of adrenaline.

Asif16*

We need a fight at the beginning of each period, like Fraser's fight last night. It's our teams shot of adrenaline.

Kessel in the first
Gardiner in the second
Kessel again in the Thirds

That will get the guys pumped up

legendinblue

NHL in Seattle
Apr 30, 2011
Seattle/Europe
van Riemsdyk - Kadri - Kessel
MacArthur - Kadri - Frattin
Lupul* - Kadri - Kulemin
Komarov - McClement - Orr

Gunnarsson - Phaneuf
Gardiner - Liles
Fraser - Franson

Reimer*
Kadri

:sarcasm:

Go LEAFS Go

TheOtherSide

Sep 8, 2008
Ontario
Ohh man. That video was simply amazing.

This is a huge game. The last thing we need is to lose this and then go on a three game losing streak

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
Vanek out, Pominville and Hodgson cooling down the only way they win this one is if Miller shows up or the Leafs dont. This should be an easy game but with the past week and a half going the way it did we cant be too confident.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad