Post-Game Talk: Game 31 - Goodbye Columbus - McAvoy a Gordie Howe Hat Trick - B's 7 CBJ 2 F

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
upload_2017-12-18_21-47-56.png

upload_2017-12-18_21-47-4.png

upload_2017-12-18_21-52-41.png

3181748291_f5f1c11605.jpg

upload_2017-12-18_19-6-20.png

:bruins:cbj

GAME SUMMARY

EVENT SUMMARY

PLAY BY PLAY

FACEOFF SUMMARY

TOI BRUINS

VIDEO

Last edited:

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Not even halfway through the season. Imagine what this team will look like by the playoffs if the kids keep improving at this rate.

Reactions: caz16

cat400

Jul 30, 2005
Finally the team gets to have a fun game at Tort's expense.
The puck movement tonight was exceptional.
The rookies are maturing very fast.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
A fantastic effort, speed, grit and skill all on display tonight. Love the newly formed Spooner, Debrusk and Bjork line, talk about turbo speed, McAvoy a stud on D, great night all around.

toasterjam

Sep 23, 2014
Mass
that was so much fun.

McAvoy is an absolute stud...scores clutch goals, feisty, hits, fights, exciting...he really is the total package, cant even believe he is this good as a rookie.

Heinen and Debrusk are perfect examples of guys who used their time in Providence to really develop their game and the patience of it too, it has officially paid off...these guys are really having a great coming out party.

Not to be forgotten is Bjork who I dont think has been as amazing as he was pre-injury, but I dont think he has played bad at all really.

Carlo isnt perfect but I think he will figure it out, I just love his skill set and he is still so young. He is gonna have his up and down patches but he just needs this experience, he still makes mistakes, he is slowly getting more physical, saw him get physical in front of the net a little more...has to work on that and some of the plays he makes. I think he'll be just fine though. Good plus 3 tonight.

Very impressed with Grzelcyk...he is maybe figuring out what his niche can be and how he can utilize his skating, puck handling and passing more to compensate for his smaller size. He does have an alright shot too...has gotten blocked or wide a bunch so far in NHL but..every so often they get through and create good rebounds. Overall gotta be happy with what he has brought. Keep it up.

a quick add on...loved Backes and Spooners game tonight.

Games like this make me want to keep Spooner around. Give me him and that skillset...and his flaws...over a Riley Nash, Tim Schaller, Beleskey, Kemp, Talbot etc etc...I mean I do understand the need for defensive/pkers too...but I really wouldnt mind trying to make room to keep Spooner around. The speed, playmaking...when he is engaged and on his game, it looks so good.

Last edited:

pgm16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2010
St. John's NL
Win the ganes that you have in hand, this team plays hard most nights. I like their work ethic & they are having fun out there it seems.

jdz

May 22, 2013
Heinen and Debrusk....wow.

Celtics and Bruins building two great young rosters at the same time.

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
Although the goal by DeBrusk was largely irrelevant, the finish was something else.

When you look at the 2014 draft class, Heinen's 21 points in 27 games this year puts him in pretty great/elite territory. Eating crow on that one for sure.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Waiting for Tortorella to speak... Make an appearance... Peel the paint off the walls.... Whatever....

Reactions: bobbyorr04

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad