Post-Game Talk: Game 30 - Mental mistakes cost the B's - NY Rangers 3 BRUINS 2 F/OT

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

upload_2017-12-16_19-49-56.png

Game Summary

Event Summary

Play by Play

Faceoff Summary

TOI Bruins

Video

Last edited:

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Bergeron 9 shots on goal, 1 blocked, 5 missed. Two giveaways but three takeaways. 20-5 on faceoffs (the whole rangers team only won 25 :laugh:)

No points though. :(

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Deserved to lose.

7 power plays, 1 goal. All that needs to be said.

Still don't understand why too many men has been an issue with this team for what...4 years now?

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I know a certain % of people are going to blast me for this, but another game where the ineptitude of the referees has a direct impact on the game.

Yes the B’s made mistakes, yes the Ranger winning goal was a great shot but the absolutely horrible high sticking call on Krejci handed the Rags a goal they had no business scoring.

D level officiating, game in and game out.

Grimey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 4, 2017
I'd say I'm happy about the one point but I hate the Rangers too much be even be slightly happy. Who gets a TMMOI penalty during 3v3... Counting is hard.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Even before the too many men in OT the Bs were a mess. The too many men wasn't even necessary because the odd man rush had already started and the damage was done. Very sloppy.

I don't think Lundqvist was as great as Jack was making out. He was solid, sure, but the Bs were not really challenging him. Much like with Holtby they were putting pucks into his chest and right into his glove without him having to move it, except for his bullshit flare he adds once it's in his glove. Krug had a golden chance near the end and put it right at his leg pad. This team, minus a few guys, simply has to become better at shooting the puck. Lack of scoring goals when they have great chances is absolutely killing them.

Reactions: TCB and JP Nolan

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
A point is a point. The Leafs last year built the season into a playoffs one with those.

They played well, I think that they deserved the victory, to be honest. But Lundqvist was amazing. That kick save at the end was the save of the game for me.

About the players... A lot of silly mistakes here or there. I wasn't too impressed with Miller, for example. Also, Debrusk: I barely even heard his name. But it happens, they're not machines. Bergeron, Marchand and Chara had very solid games. Tuukka very good.

Reactions: TCB

KrejciWinger

Nov 3, 2015
I know a certain % of people are going to blast me for this, but another game where the ineptitude of the referees has a direct impact on the game.

Yes the B’s made mistakes, yes the Ranger winning goal was a great shot but the absolutely horrible high sticking call on Krejci handed the Rags a goal they had no business scoring.

D level officiating, game in and game out.
They did give the bruins 7 power plays to work with... that's on the team/sacco.

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
Cassidy looked like an idiot in this one. This was a very easy one to win going in with the Rags having played last night.

Lund was slightly better than Tuukka and Vignault was better than Cassidy.

Reactions: Boston Bruno

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
good point.
considering i thought nyr were gonna run away with this after it was 2-0.

gotta score on those 2 on 1s. or at least get shots on net on them in ot.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Getting to the point when we play NYR Washington and Toronto that they are scheduled losses. Tired of outplaying these teams and losing because their goalies own us.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Good game by the Bruins, Henry stood on his head again.

I was fine with the call in o.t., but what irked me was the 2 on 1 directly before that for Boston. It was 2 on 1 not 2 on 0 because the Rangers has a similar line change. Just be consistent.

One gripe I have with Boston, and it seems like a forever one, is they absolutely suck with odd man rushes. Forget getting a goal. I consider it a miracle when they connect one pass on a 2 on 1.

Reactions: BigBear83

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
They did give the bruins 7 power plays to work with... that's on the team/sacco.

And not one wasn’t legit.

I’m not going to congratulate them for doing their job the right way.

They also should have given the B’s a 5-3 when a defenseman (McAvoy?) was held during a delayed penalty.

The officiating in this league is terrible.

KrejciWinger

Nov 3, 2015
A point is a point. The Leafs last year built the season into a playoffs one with those.

They played well, I think that they deserved the victory, to be honest. But Lundqvist was amazing. That kick save at the end was the save of the game for me.

About the players... A lot of silly mistakes here or there. I wasn't too impressed with Miller, for example. Also, Debrusk: I barely even heard his name. But it happens, they're not machines. Bergeron, Marchand and Chara had very solid games. Tuukka very good.
debrusk played 7:43, lots of special teams but still should be more.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Cassidy looked like an idiot in this one. This was a very easy one to win going in with the Rags having played last night.

Lund was slightly better than Tuukka and Vignault was better than Cassidy.
back to backs mean nothing. lundqvist is like 8-0 on the second gsme of back to bscks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad