GDT: Game 30: Columbus vs. Los Angeles | 12/20 7PM

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
If we can beat Pittsburgh tomorrow I will believe this team is the real deal. Huge game tomorrow, the biggest of the season.

Hoping I'm wrong but I'm feeling a 6-2 loss

As fans this might be perceived as the biggest game of the season. And you might be right about the score or not. But I don't know why you want to place so much emphasis on this one game. What if they win the game and now you believe that they are for real.

Look at the schedule over the next two weeks.

Dec 23 Montreal, 27 Boston, 29 @Winnipeg, 31 @Minnesota, Jan 3 Edmonton, 5 @Washington, 7 NYRags, 8 Philadelphia

If they go on a losing streak are they now not for real to you.

It will be a big game for the fans. But I don't think the team feels the same way. It's 1 of 82 or 1 of 52 remaining to get to their goal of making the playoffs. There are a lot of big games coming up.

Take it one game at a time and enjoy the ride. You will be less disappointed then putting all your hope on one game.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
If we can beat Pittsburgh tomorrow I will believe this team is the real deal. Huge game tomorrow, the biggest of the season.

Of course you're wrong. Everyone knows the score has to be 4-3 and the team that takes a 3-1 lead loses. :sarcasm::laugh:

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
As fans this might be perceived as the biggest game of the season. And you might be right about the score or not. But I don't know why you want to place so much emphasis on this one game. What if they win the game and now you believe that they are for real.

Dec 23 Montreal, 27 Boston, 29 @Winnipeg, 31 @Minnesota, Jan 3 Edmonton, 5 @Washington, 7 NYRags, 8 Philadelphia

It will be a big game for the fans. But I don't think the team feels the same way. It's 1 of 82 or 1 of 52 remaining to get to their goal of making the playoffs. There are a lot of big games coming up.

Take it one game at a time and enjoy the ride. You will be less disappointed then putting all your hope on one game.
The game is huge.
Because this is not only a 4 point game, but a "rivalry" game, in front of a packed house for 1st in the Metro. If we cannot beat a Penguins team without Letang, in a game that the players know what's at stake, as well as It being a statement game then yes I don't think this team is as good as what we are thinking. We could lose a lot of games and we will lose games but this is probably the biggest game of the season and the players know it- one of the most important in franchise history imo to leap into first in the metro while also helping to gain more media attention and fan interest. This is the game that. Could pull people on the bandwagon... and if we lose in a blowout then I feel many people who are casual fans will say "same old jackets"

You're assuming that if we lose I will think they are not a good team. Well we both know what assuming does. Like I said if we beat PITT tomorrow then I will believe this team is the real deal meaning deep playoff run potential, bc at that point we would have won 11 straight and beat the best team in the metro in a huge game. 11 game win streaks are what get teams in the playoffs, that's huge not to mention being at the top of the table.

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008

lol. Way to turn a 82 game season into a 1 game playoff.

What a silly way to approach things. Byrral explains it perfectly.

I don't understand why they need to win tomorrow to prove that they're "the real deal" or even what "the real deal" means. It's going to be a fun, meaningful game, but I'm pretty sure Prtichard isn't going to be in town with the cup. CBJ might lose, they might win. They might win the next 3 against PIT, they might lose them all or win them all. Neither really means much in the overall 82 game season.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio

#JustWintheNextOne

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
Big game. Will there be Jackets fans in the building this time :naughty: ?

Just kidding guys - looking forward to this one and will take the morning off work to watch it. Very impressive what you guys have been doing so far, and should be a cracking atmosphere.

However, it is just the first of five regular season meets. Win or lose, one off results mean nothing to me.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011

I get the one game at a time thing but the last time we guessed points over a 7 game stretch we got 14. What sayeth you this time for the next 8?

I'd be happy with 8 but I'll guess 10. (This is a bad sign, me turning to the positive)

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
Huge game, but not the end all be all of the season.

Its 1 of 18 head to head matchups with Pitt/Nyr/Wsh/Phi.

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
I get the one game at a time thing but the last time we guessed points over a 7 game stretch we got 14. What sayeth you this time for the next 8?

I'd be happy with 8 but I'll guess 10. (This is a bad sign, me turning to the positive)

I'm including tonight's game (I also have Cam not playing the next 2) so I have 9pts in the next 9. Slight regression, still playing well.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
lol. Way to turn a 82 game season into a 1 game playoff.

What a silly way to approach things. Byrral explains it perfectly.

I don't understand why they need to win tomorrow to prove that they're "the real deal" or even what "the real deal" means. It's going to be a fun, meaningful game, but I'm pretty sure Prtichard isn't going to be in town with the cup. CBJ might lose, they might win. They might win the next 3 against PIT, they might lose them all or win them all. Neither really means much in the overall 82 game season.

Maybe if you read my post you wouldn't look so silly, since all the points you made are assumptions. But if you want to assume what I think and how I opperate so that you can have a condescending response then go ahead.

Anisimovs AK

Apr 14, 2006
Columbus, OH
Obviously the next game isnt going to make or break the season, but it is also important. The Pens are the defending champs and currently lead the division. It is a litmus test for the team to say if they can go punch for punch with the heavyweights of the league. The next game against MTL will be the same

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
Maybe if you read my post you wouldn't look so silly, since all the points you made are assumptions. But if you want to assume what I think and how I opperate so that you can have a condescending response then go ahead.

Feel free to explain your thoughtful, hidden nuances in your original comment:

If we can beat Pittsburgh tomorrow I will believe this team is the real deal.

The only assumption I'm making is that you're overemphasizing the PIT game, which you, in fact, do by saying that if the CBJ win, you'll believe they're 'the real deal' - whatever that means. It doesn't interpret any other way, vog.

DougKnowsBest

Feb 6, 2004
Newark, Ohio
The high school tickets, about 1 to 2K, helped with attendance. But they weren't given away, they were sold at a discounted rate.

The tickets where $30 for lower bowl. Each group that bought over 30 tickets got a free stocking hat

I was told 1k of those where sold. They expected to sell 600. So they where pleased with the response.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Feel free to explain your thoughtful, hidden nuances in your original comment:

The only assumption I'm making is that you're overemphasizing the PIT game, which you, in fact, do by saying that if the CBJ win, you'll believe they're 'the real deal' - whatever that means. It doesn't interpret any other way, vog.

IF
CBJ win today
THEN
I will be more inclined to believe they can make a deep playoff run

IF NOT
I will be less likely to believe we are an elite team, bc this is a game great significance, at home, vs an injured Pitt team, probably the most important game thus far. If we cannot get hyped enough to play well this game, than I see that as an issue.

HOWEVER
I still will be confident we are a good team this year.

ELITE- deep playoff runs top5 in league
Good -possible run in playoffs 6-12 in the league
Bubble- 12-16

Last edited by a moderator:

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio

I'm including tonight's game (I also have Cam not playing the next 2) so I have 9pts in the next 9. Slight regression, still playing well.

I said 7 points in 8 games. EspenK you said 10 in 8. We got 12 and blew the Rags game so they outperformed again during this stretch of games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad