GDT: Game 3: Sharks vs Hurricanes 7:30pm NBCSCA

drunksage

lol light beer
Jan 13, 2007
Hendertucky-ish
SNOG announcement

At least we can win SNOGs as a board!

I feel asking for two unreal games in a row from Mackenzie is asking for trouble.

Carolina 6
Sharks 3

Thought we were lost until I saw this. Congrats on your first career SNOG @TheBeard!

SNOG 2023-10-17 TheBeard.jpg

#
Date / Opponent
SNOG Winner(s)
Result
1Oct. 12 vs Golden KnightsNewMuzu24, weastern biasVGK 4-1
2Oct. 14 vs AvalanchenoneAvs 2-1 SO
3Oct. 17 vs HurricanesTheBeardCanes 6-3

Rank
2023-24 SNOG standings
# of SNOGs
T-1.NewMuzu24, TheBeard, weastern bias1

NWSharkie

Nov 4, 2018
PNW
SNOG announcement

At least we can win SNOGs as a board!

Thought we were lost until I saw this. Congrats on your first career SNOG @TheBeard!

View attachment 754252

#
Date / Opponent
SNOG Winner(s)
Result
1Oct. 12 vs Golden KnightsNewMuzu24, weastern biasVGK 4-1
2Oct. 14 vs AvalanchenoneAvs 2-1 SO
3Oct. 17 vs HurricanesTheBeardCanes 6-3

Rank
2023-24 SNOG standings
# of SNOGs
T-1.NewMuzu24, TheBeard, weastern bias1
Yeah, but I feel like he should only get half a point. We actually got two unreal games in a row from Blackwood and Quinn had to activate Ferraro's Manchurian Candidate mode in the 3rd to get to that score

• Haha
Reactions: hotcabbagesoup

Patty Ice

Straight to the Banc
Feb 27, 2002
Not California
The Sharks need to sign or trade for a veteran goaltender. Let's not destroy the two they have with this ECHL quality defense.

What's Dell up to?

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
would you guys call this a deliberate tank? like obviously the offensive depth got shored up, but the breakout is just nonexistent for this team and it was really obvious going into the season that the defense's puck movement skill was below replacement level to begin with.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Yeah, but I feel like he should only get half a point. We actually got two unreal games in a row from Blackwood and Quinn had to activate Ferraro's Manchurian Candidate mode in the 3rd to get to that score
To an extent I’m not wrong. They asked for it and They got it for two periods and then the wheels fell off.

NWSharkie

Nov 4, 2018
PNW
would you guys call this a deliberate tank? like obviously the offensive depth got shored up, but the breakout is just nonexistent for this team and it was really obvious going into the season that the defense's puck movement skill was below replacement level to begin with.
*Did* the offensive depth get shored up? Puck possession and transitions were just as nonexistent as the breakout tonight, and OZ player spacing was pretty atrocious. We're missing one top-6 player right now and the team is playing at an AHL level. Zadina is a bright spot, but there aren't a whole lot of others.

To an extent I’m not wrong. They asked for it and They got it for two periods and then the wheels fell off.
I declare sabotage! Ferraro waved the 5th goal through like he was dropping a handkerchief at a drag race and deflected #6 in by himself. The call came from inside the building! I'm not crazy, you're the one who's crazy!

sharks_dynasty

Oct 25, 2006
San Jose, CA
*Did* the offensive depth get shored up? Puck possession and transitions were just as nonexistent as the breakout tonight, and OZ player spacing was pretty atrocious. We're missing one top-6 player right now and the team is playing at an AHL level. Zadina is a bright spot, but there aren't a whole lot of others.

I declare sabotage! Ferraro waved the 5th goal through like he was dropping a handkerchief at a drag race and deflected #6 in by himself. The call came from inside the building! I'm not crazy, you're the one who's crazy!
Actually missing two in Couture and Granlund.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC

It's not a tank. It's just that the Sharks have evolved their chocking ability so significantly that it now applies to the regular season as well. This is the Sharks' final form.

Reactions: fasterthanlight

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
I don't think the offensive depth got "shored up" as much as "repainted," especially since we lost Meier.

Basically we added some names to the forward group, but I don't think we added any actual skill - at least not overall. Losing Karlsson (as well as Burns) just shredded the overall offensive depth down to nothing.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
Mario Ferraro has backslid to such an insane degree

He very well may be the single worst non Luke Kunin player on this roster, he provides absolutely no positive value when he's on the ice, it's really sad for a guy who seemed so promising in his rookie year

It was dumb we held leads in this game at all, we were outclassed from the jump, but man did they cave as soon as the goals started going in, this season might be even uglier than I originally imagined

Tw1ster

Mar 12, 2008
West Coast
Not having Erik Karlsson skate the puck out and into the offensive zone at will is the most noticeable difference this year. Their breakout and zone entry this year is pretty well non-existent

Last edited:
Reactions: Bizz

NWSharkie

Nov 4, 2018
PNW

He very well may be the single worst non Luke Kunin player on this roster, he provides absolutely no positive value when he's on the ice, it's really sad for a guy who seemed so promising in his rookie year

It was dumb we held leads in this game at all, we were outclassed from the jump, but man did they cave as soon as the goals started going in, this season might be even uglier than I originally imagined
2023 San Jose Sharks: even when criticizing the absolute dogshit performance of a roster player, we have to add a caveat that he's still not as bad as another roster player. :help:

To be fair to Mario, though, he's a borderline #4 defenseman playing top-pair minutes because of the roster around him. He's not rising to the occasion, no, but I can't blame him for handling the puck like a grenade when his outlet options are Mike Hoffman or...Luke Kunin.

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
2023 San Jose Sharks: even when criticizing the absolute dogshit performance of a roster player, we have to add a caveat that he's still not as bad as another roster player. :help:

To be fair to Mario, though, he's a borderline #4 defenseman playing top-pair minutes because of the roster around him. He's not rising to the occasion, no, but I can't blame him for handling the puck like a grenade when his outlet options are Mike Hoffman or...Luke Kunin.
Absolutely not. He's a #7 right now at best. He doesn't do anything well except maybe block shots.

Reactions: Chinaski89 and Bizz

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
It's absolutely a deliberate tank, they just can't announce it as such without risking consequences from the league and, in their mind, a revolt by the fans (look at the stands tonight, how's that working for us?)

They are trading all of our good players for future assets and trying to draft the best prospects at the top of the draft, I don't know what else anyone could call this

I'm just glad we're finally bad on purpose, we were bad by accident for 3 and a half years and it was so much more depressing

To be fair to Mario, though, he's a borderline #4 defenseman playing top-pair minutes because of the roster around him.
At this point he's playing like a borderline #6 D, I agree about Kunin though

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Not having Erik Karlsson skate the puck out and into the offensive zone at will is the most noticeable difference this year. Their breakout and zone entry this year is pretty well none existent
Those extended stays pinned in our own zone are killers

It’s forever Mike Hoffman

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad