Pre-Game Talk: Game 3 @ Philly (Emery to Start)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Flyers goalie Steve Mason once again told the media after his team’s practice today in Voorhees that he was still not ready to return to game action from an unspecified upper-body injury that may or may not have been a concussion or may or may not have been whiplash.

So Ray Emery will again get the start for Tuesday night’s Game 3 at the Wells Fargo Center with the Rangers and Flyers tied at one game apiece.

http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/rangerrants/

Emery to start again. Good, bad? Discuss.

Personally I feel like its a good thing. Call me crazy or a jinx but I think on one days rest if they can throw some more work at him and continue to make him move laterally theyll continue to score. Its the other side of the rink the Rangers need to focus on. Mason will come back sooner or later and the longer he stays away from action the colder hell come back into the pipes. Rangers need to play their game regardless of whos in the net for them.

Coach Alain Vigneault, asked about possible lineup changes for Game 3, “I’m still in the process of deciding that…If I feel that there’s something that’s better for the team.”

Some changes coming... Stating the obvious but I think Fast is out. Carcillo or Miller?

Wolfy*

Carcillo should have been in from game 1!

Let's hope he is in now

Hey, we don't want to spend time in the penalty box, Flyers PP is very dangerous.

Same goes with Miller who's not ready for this league, leave them on the bench.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Kreider is improving. Hopefully he sees some time in this series because even if he needs a few games to get his hands back, his speed and size is needed. Im guessing one more week for him which would put him into game 7.

Fair point about Miller. He takes penalties too, but i'd rather give him some PO experience then Carcillo who probably wont be here next season.

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site

Hey, we don't want to spend time in the penalty box, Flyers PP is very dangerous.

Same goes with Miller who's not ready for this league, leave them on the bench.

Why do we always assume Carcillo will get a ton of penalties? He can be disciplined when he wants to be. In his last playoff run with Chicago he only had 6 pim in 4 games. That's not a huge amount for a physical player. He also has 12 points in 37 playoff games, which is pretty good for a grinder, and better than Dorsett has done in the playoffs (just 1 assist in 16 playoff games).

Miller - Love the guy but he has no experience in the NHL playoffs. With us losing home ice advantage, and playing on the road, this is not the time to experiment with him.

Carcillo also has played for Philly so he should feel at home playing in Philly (he has 1 goal in 2 games against Philly this season). I would put him in for Fast on the 3rd line with Richards and Hagelin.

Finally, we were pushed around in game 2. No one wants to admit this, but we were. All 3 Philly goals were very close to the net. First goal Voracek just forced/bullied his way to the net and scored. Other 2 goals were off rebounds where we did not block out their forwards very well at all. So you need to add a more physical presence...especially with the really small lineup we have right now (MSL, ZUCC, etc)

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Leave the lineup as is until Kreider gets back. Then replace Fast with CK. Move Nash back to RW, Marty back to Richie. Or just swap Kreider and Fast... who knows. Don't want to look that far ahead.

Have to steal one in Philly. Winning tomorrow night would be huge. Puts all the pressure on the home team, and (obviously) gives the Rangers the ability to go up 3-1. One game at a time.

Make this series 2-1 come Tuesday 11pm.

highandwide

It's gold Jerry.
Nov 28, 2011
NYC
anyone else think, since knowing Emery is slow side-to-side, that we were trying too hard on making pretty passes and could've been distracting/frustrating? It works on the PP/Rushes, but seemed to give us trouble 5-on-5

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
anyone else think, since knowing Emery is slow side-to-side, that we were trying too hard on making pretty passes and could've been distracting/frustrating? It works on the PP/Rushes, but seemed to give us trouble 5-on-5

his real issue has been rebound control, its terrible and needs to be exploited. The rangers issue all season, esp the Brass/Poul/Zuc line, has been they sometimes get too cute.

LORENZO

Jan 1, 2014
We wouldn't be in this horrific situation if Carcillo had played the second game.

SupersonicMonkey*

Just my opinion, but i'd prefer Fast in the lineup than any of the other healthy options on the roster (Carcillo, Miller).

Fast is intelligent, he doesn't hurt the team defensively, and he plays physical.

Carcillo, I'm afraid will cross the line and take stupid penalties at inopportune times.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
Leave the lineup as is until Kreider gets back. Then replace Fast with CK. Move Nash back to RW, Marty back to Richie. Or just swap Kreider and Fast... who knows. Don't want to look that far ahead.

Have to steal one in Philly. Winning tomorrow night would be huge. Puts all the pressure on the home team, and (obviously) gives the Rangers the ability to go up 3-1. One game at a time.

Make this series 2-1 come Tuesday 11pm.

When Kreider comes back he will go on Richies right wing. AV is not moving St Louis off Step and Nash anytime before any of them retire from the game or we go on a 10 game losing streak

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
In a 1-1 series the 3rd game is always a big one.

Listening to the players reactions from last game it sounds like they felt they let their intensity level drop. That's unacceptable with a 1-0 game lead, and may be a big part of the reason why this team has had trouble winning playoff series in less than 7 games.

Jersey Girl

Sep 28, 2008
When Kreider comes back he will go on Richies right wing. AV is not moving St Louis off Step and Nash anytime before any of them retire from the game or we go on a 10 game losing streak

Has anything been said about Kreider coming back any time soon? I thought he was still weeks away.

Add to that, since we've seen what missing five games has done to McDonagh's game, I don't think we should expect Kreider to step in - whenever that is - and be what he was when he got hurt.

And a 10 game losing streak is - well - not possible anymore.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
We wouldn't be in this horrific situation if Carcillo had played the second game.

This is ridiculous. Based on what? What would he have done that Fast didn't? You're basing this on nothing. We would have won last game if a 4th liner played in the top 9? Seriously? Complete bias and lack of common sense.

Riverdale

Jan 14, 2012
This is ridiculous. Based on what? What would he have done that Fast didn't? You're basing this on nothing. We would have won last game if a 4th liner played in the top 9? Seriously? Complete bias and lack of common sense.

Don't waste your time

Dec 9, 2009
New York City
Has anything been said about Kreider coming back any time soo? I thought he was still weeks away.

Add to that, since we've seen what missing five games has done to McDonagh's game, I don't think we should expect Kreider to step in - whenever that is - and be what he was when he got hurt.

And a 10 game losing streak is - well - not possible anymore.

I heard Sam Rosen last week say if this series goes 6 or 7 possibly, but likely next round.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013

Actually he's not technically wrong. The moment Carcillo touches the puck the entire outcome of the game will be entirely different from when Fast played.

Wether or not Carcillo has a major positive/negative impact on the alternate game, that is a entirely different story alltogether.

Jersey Girl

Sep 28, 2008

Perhaps Carcillo can go all Dave Schultz on one of the Flyers' scorers.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Carcillo is the new Avery around here.

I'd rather not get into an emotional battle with the Flyers. If that means keeping Carcillo out of the lineup, so be it.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
We have yet to beat Emery on a straight up shot. 4 of 6 goals were with him moving and 2 were on a rebound. I don't know if it's because he's so good or we're so bad in that regard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad