GDT: Game 3 | Detroit Red Wings @ Columbus | 7 PM EST

Napoli

Oct 4, 2023
The team could use Blankenburg now. Right now Tex is the only high energy disruptor. Jenner plays hard but not quite the same thing. Fantilli will be that guy but isnt there yet. Having Blankenburg brings in another guy that will drag teammates into the fight. Send Peeke through waivers if he cant be traded, noone would claim him anyway.
Another reason Blanks should be playing.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
I think this is exactly what Johnny wanted. A soft coach in a market that’s not going to hound him after a half ass effort.
Forget Gaudreau, seemingly more than half the team has played that way over the last few years.

Torts and Babcock were both pushed away and/or fired due to their “hounding”.

Laine couldn’t handle Larsen “hounding” him, so he started an argument on the bench during a game.

Reactions: Sdrawkcab321

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
Lol, funny you say that. In the 2nd intermission we went to check out the BlueLine store - and people are leaving the areana in droves.
I pointed this out to my wife, and she thought they were going out for a smoke break. I'm like 'no way, those people have had enough. If we didn't drive 5 hours, we would be leaving early too'

Yep, I was completely wrong. The 1st was entertaining and if they buried a couple of those chances game might've been different - but Reimer stood tall.
I really hope that was their worst game. Don't want to see it get worse than that.
You drove all the way from London to watch that? My condolences

Reactions: CBJ goalie

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
When I look at the game without emotions, I have to admit that it's still the beginning of the season and all the players may not be in shape yet. On the other hand, you have to admit that at least it looked as if some of them didn't even fight.

cbjthrowaway

Jul 4, 2020
Torts and Babcock were both pushed away and/or fired due to their “hounding”.
E8nXtKsXEAgAYbJ.jpeg

Laine couldn’t handle Larsen “hounding” him, so he started an argument on the bench during a game.
a few obvious facts here:

1. larsen was an assistant at the time
  2. their 'argument' had to do with the power play, which larsen was running, that was league-worst
  3. when larsen got introduced as head coach laine was at the presser to support him
  4. laine's ice time + productivity went up with larsen as head coach

…but even if you take the absolute worst possible interpretation of their 'argument' (which you are), i think we can safely say at this point, given larsen's record as a head coach, that patrik laine was probably right about whatever he was fighting with larsen over.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
On the positive, our next game isn’t until Friday and Calgary is on a road trip. Our game is the second leg of a back to back for them.

Lots of time for us to practice and get Elvis healthy.

Reactions: Napoli

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
On the positive, our next game isn’t until Friday and Calgary is on a road trip. Our game is the second leg of a back to back for them.

It will be nice to be back at home, the Detroit crowd was into the game.

What? The last game was at NWA? :sarcasm:

Can’t wait for the Sabres games. They always traveled well when they were good..

Napoli

Oct 4, 2023

I hope to see some kind of system change that allows more sustained pressure in the O zone. I'm not sure I can take watching this team do the same shit for 2 straight years.

Reactions: majormajor

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
View attachment 754085

a few obvious facts here:

1. larsen was an assistant at the time
  2. their 'argument' had to do with the power play, which larsen was running, that was league-worst
  3. when larsen got introduced as head coach laine was at the presser to support him
  4. laine's ice time + productivity went up with larsen as head coach

…but even if you take the absolute worst possible interpretation of their 'argument' (which you are), i think we can safely say at this point, given larsen's record as a head coach, that patrik laine was probably right about whatever he was fighting with larsen over.

I think Marchenko is young core.
---
I'd really like to know why Laine plays so little. Whether it's because Vincent wants him to get used to his new position gradually, but another reason.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad