GDT: Game 3 | Detroit Red Wings @ Columbus | 7 PM EST

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Someone's slacking if I am starting the GDT thread ;)

I am having trouble understanding, we lost to a supposed lousy team with Bemmer and Roslovic in the lineup and then won to a supposed good team when they were healthy scratches. Why are we rushing to put them back in the lineup so quickly?

Last edited by a moderator:

cbjthrowaway

Jul 4, 2020
I am having trouble understanding, we lost to a supposed lousy team with Bemmer and Roslovic in the lineup and then won to a supposed good team when they were healthy scratches. Why are we rushing to put them back in the lineup so quickly?
seems like pazzy is going to rotate guys in and out if they don't have spots totally locked down.

i don't think the kuraly line (regardless of who has been on it) has been very good over the first two games. vincent may be tweaking that line specifically to see if it's better off as a pace/grind-it-out line (foudy/olivier) or if having two other carry options (roslovic/bemstrom) makes it more effective.

the good news is that the better cole sillinger looks, the less ice time the kuraly line will get. kuraly has been playing 15+ minutes a night the last two years, that's down to 13 a night so far. ideally it's closer to 11.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Someone's slacking if I am starting the GDT thread ;)

It's fairly simple, we lost the first game despite Bemstrom playing ok, and won the next game despite Foudy and Olivier playing much less than ok. I think Roslovic was better than them too but maybe that one is marginal.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Roslovic provides skill but thats definitely not a usual 4th line for what we've seen for awhile now. Looks like a line that I could see getting low minutes again.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Roslovic provides skill but thats definitely not a usual 4th line for what we've seen for awhile now. Looks like a line that I could see getting low minutes again.

My guess is it depends more on which Roslovic shows up. If he's on I think he'll help a line whether they're rush or forecheck oriented. Speed and shot is sometimes all it takes. And if he's off it doesn't matter what type of line you put him on.

Reactions: NotCommitted

NotCommitted

Jul 4, 2013

I don't think they lost first game because of Bemmer and they certainly didn't win the 2nd game because of the 4th line :) That line was just bad vs NYR even in the first two periods when all 3 other lines were doing from ok to good.

I think Roslovic was bad in the first game, but Olivier & Robinson weren't really any better in the 2nd, so the changes make sense to me.

cbjthrowaway

Jul 4, 2020
I think Roslovic was bad in the first game,
it was one of the worst roslovic games i've seen – he wasn't engaged at all.

the fact that it was the first game of the year, at home, proves that he needs to go.
but Olivier & Robinson weren't really any better in the 2nd, so the changes make sense to me.
it was foudy in the second game, not robinson, but yeah.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
it was one of the worst roslovic games i've seen – he wasn't engaged at all.

the fact that it was the first game of the year, at home, proves that he needs to go.

it was foudy in the second game, not robinson, but yeah.
This happens far too often. If management is serious about building a winning culture, then Roslovic-despite being from Columbus- needs to be waived or given away with 50% retention.

Simply put, he's not a winner.

Reactions: thebus88

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Stats/trends from tonight’s game program:

••46-49-14 in 109 meetings against the Wings

••27-10-3 since 2012-2013

••26-22-8 at home

••Road team has won the past 4 meetings