Not open for further replies.

NoMoreChoking

Sep 30, 2009
Flyers get 7 PP, including a 5 on 3, score on 0 of them

Caps get 2, score on both

Flyers and their fans then proceed to say it is unbalanced towards the Caps

notDkristich

Jan 27, 2013
Schenn will be a pest. OV will destroy him.

Chimera with several boneheaded stick handling giveaways, but will have GWG (tradition!)

Alzner and Nisky continue to shut everything down.

Philthy with 10 PPs because its the NHL.

4-2 Caps

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
Just win. Because I already know what will happen here if we lose this one.
"Exit in first" "We're not good" "Out in 6" etc.

HecticGlow

Mar 14, 2016
Europe
I don't care if it's a win by just one goal, so long as we maintain a sense of urgency and stay very strong defensively.

Does anyone know whether, for the Caps, there's likely to be a disadvantage in not playing for a few days longer if they wrap this series up in four or five? Obviously it limits the risk of injury or fatigue, but you really don't want them to lose their focus or urgency in the week or so they could have off if they wrap it up in four... No repeats of the All Star break, please.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Watch them play their best game tonight. They looked like they were playing it safe at home. Ovechkin should be more visible. Kuznetsov/Burky are due.

3-2 (OT) Caps.

Ovy, Burky, Oshie.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Preparing for Ed Snider night. Yes, that includes a loss, countless PKs, and an extensive delay to the puck drop.

We just have to split in Philly. Barry's words, not mine.

#Can'tWinEmAll #Won'tWinEmAll

Jun 15, 2007
Watched Tampa/Detroit last night. Amazing how much worse Tampa looked. I had written Detroit off completely. Let's hope the same doesn't happen to us.

Blades of Steel

log off.
Dec 10, 2009
Virginia
I don't care if it's a win by just one goal, so long as we maintain a sense of urgency and stay very strong defensively.

Does anyone know whether, for the Caps, there's likely to be a disadvantage in not playing for a few days longer if they wrap this series up in four or five? Obviously it limits the risk of injury or fatigue, but you really don't want them to lose their focus or urgency in the week or so they could have off if they wrap it up in four... No repeats of the All Star break, please.

typically most caps fans are going to say that the break will probably get them unfocused, but I'm not afraid. I'd like to think we should all be in agreement that time off will be rest and beneficial. the team is focused, the team has Justin Williams and I'm almost positive he's been the missing piece to the team puzzle. The other vets like Orpik, Richards are important as well but in different ways.

36kap36

Jan 21, 2011
Ohio
Famous ex-Flyer Justin Williams scores twice
Giroux scores one on a fluke
Ghost continues to not be impressive
2-1

Just win.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
yup. this is the game. it will be an uphill climb. Flyers have the most road team power plays in the playoffs. I expect a 4 or 5 to 1 or 2 pp ratio in the Flyers favor for their home game.

0-0 first period=win.

Gonna be a low scoring pk game for the Caps.

Expect to see the Flyers abandon their pk strategy of letting the Caps shoot from the perimeter and block the shots. Oshie is the key PP player tonight.

two game lead on the table. winning would be big. Seems like a job for Williams.

Over under on when Kuznetsov scores a goal. Its been 22 games now.

Blades of Steel

log off.
Dec 10, 2009
Virginia
yup. this is the game. it will be an uphill climb. Flyers have the most road team power plays in the playoffs. I expect a 4 or 5 to 1 or 2 pp ratio in the Flyers favor for their home game.

0-0 first period=win.

Gonna be a low scoring pk game for the Caps.

Expect to see the Flyers abandon their pk strategy of letting the Caps shoot from the perimeter and block the shots. Oshie is the key PP player tonight.

two game lead on the table. winning would be big. Seems like a job for Williams.

Over under on when Kuznetsov scores a goal. Its been 22 games now.

He's easily had more scoring chances than any other player, he's so due. It's crazy he hasn't potted one honestly.

Deestroyer

Mar 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Credit to IPW
let's make it 3-0 boys.
dy0mB37.gif

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
He's easily had more scoring chances than any other player, he's so due. It's crazy he hasn't potted one honestly.

Caps cant win over the long haul without 92 and 65 putting the puck in the net. In fact, JDub has only 1g in his last 13 games.

At some point here, the Caps are going to live or die based on whether they can produce or not. As Trotz said post game g2, there's only one stat that really matters and that is the scoreboard.

Tonight would be a perfect night for that line to breakout with 3.

Blades of Steel

log off.
Dec 10, 2009
Virginia
It felt like their best effort last game, and Holtby stoned them.

I'm not so sure, we'll see.

That may be true, I was thinking the home crowd/energy levels would be much higher tonight than previously. I thought game two was rather calm on an emotional level for the most part, I'm anticipating the game to get nasty again.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
That may be true, I was thinking the home crowd/energy levels would be much higher tonight than previously. I thought game two was rather calm on an emotional level for the most part, I'm anticipating the game to get nasty again.

this game is live or die for the Flyers. the last game was about bounce back and still trying to gain an upper hand in the series. this game is desperation. its not want to anymore. its have to.

If Holtby can hold the fort for the first period, the Flyers will come down. I am looking for more of game 1. no scoring. tight d. lots of hitting. cycling. working their defense and clogging up the neutral zone. push them back til they make a mistake.

Caps score first and the air will come out of the home balloon pretty fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad