Post-Game Talk: Game 3 | Blues 1 @ Canucks 2 OT | NOW plan the parade

Status
Not open for further replies.

alicia

~
Apr 11, 2011
Vancouver, B.C
So coming from behind against two non-playoff teams (last season), I'm excited to see how we do against a playoff team.

I'm predicting a 3-2 Canucks win with goals from Bae, Sutter and Hansen

We've always had good games against STL, and I'm expecting this one to be just as good!

Last edited by a moderator:

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Should be interesting to see how the lines matchup against a much better team. Should also be interesting to see how our defense holds up.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
I've been low-key cheering for the Blues ever since

1. They punched Vancouver's lottery ticket last year
  2. They kicked Chicago's ass in the playoffs

But Vancouver seems to take it to them pretty hard in the regular season.

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
Ryan Miller should stand on his head for this one, he always loves proving his ex teams wrong.

rune74

Oct 10, 2008
I'm going to go out on a limb and say:

4 to 3 canucks.

Virtanen gets a penalty shot after being dragged down and scores.

Granlund scores again.

Horvat with another

and..........Erichson gets his firt.

StrictlyCommercial

Oct 28, 2006
Vancouver
Not so bold prediction: If the Canucks are to win this one Miller needs to keep them to 2 or less GA. Hopefully he keeps his (not a) shutout streak going for another 60.

VC

Feb 28, 2002
Vancouver Island
Visit site
The Blues don't have David Backes anymore so I no longer hate them...

I'm still going with being cautionally optimistic with the Granlund line as he has never really had an success on wing before. I think it is the Hansen affect, any line he lands on gels.

StrictlyCommercial

Oct 28, 2006
Vancouver

I'm still going with being cautionally optimistic with the Granlund line as he has never really had an success on wing before. I think it is the Hansen affect, any line he lands on gels.

Also helps having a shoot first guy like Sutter as his center. Similar to the Horvat line's dynamic.

Samzilla

Prust & Dorsett are
Apr 2, 2011

but they still have steen

Ryp37

Nov 6, 2011
Kind of confused by all the preseason talk of the new powerplay. It looks the same as before just with Sutter in Veys spot, not sure what I'd change though as I'm a fan of the 1-3-1 and 4 forward setup.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
I was happy to see the D pairing switch up to increase the offensive aggression..
Curious to see what they roll with to start the next game.

I would imagine it would be back to the original pairings to begin... but at least Lidster knows he has a good change up in his pocket..

Switching Larsen and Tanev i feel gives us solid depth with 3 pairings they aren't concerned with matching up against anyone... and results in a great pairing to back the twins.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Kind of confused by all the preseason talk of the new powerplay. It looks the same as before just with Sutter in Veys spot, not sure what I'd change though as I'm a fan of the 1-3-1 and 4 forward setup.

The crazy significant change is they put Daniel on the opposite side of the rink in the set up... They have Eriksson playing in Daniel's former spot, they have Daniel in Vrbata's and Sutter in Vey's, Larsen in Edler's...

I would say its a pretty big shake from last yr's look.

Ryp37

Nov 6, 2011
The crazy significant change is they put Daniel on the opposite side of the rink in the set up... They have Eriksson playing in Daniel's former spot, they have Daniel in Vrbata's and Sutter in Vey's, Larsen in Edler's...

Ah makes sense, thanks.

Brock Boeser

Mar 11, 2013
The PP change up resulted in better possession of the puck from last yr IMO, Larsen needs to get his point shots through to be effective though. Also Henrik and Loui need to work to find Sutter in the slot from bang-bang plays kinda like how Washington uses Oshie in the slot.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Not sure what to expect of this game.

First real test of the season, hoping our young guns can keep it up.

Sedins and Eriksson must start to pick up the pace now, two games so far played quite underwhelming. Need to set better example for the kids.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation

Still not a big fan of it, personally. I don't think putting the Sedins on opposite sides of the rink is a recipe for success when they feed off each other so much with their short passing game. Would still also like 2 dmen on the points...but that would require 2 dmen who can actually shoot the puck.

Anyway, much sterner test on Tuesday. The Blues should be a little more accurate a reading as to where the Canucks really are in the world. Hoping they can keep it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad