GDT: Game 3: Avs @ Bruins | Monday, October 9th, 11:00am MT

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Colorado Avalanche [1-1-0]
@
Boson Bruins [1-0-0]

extralarge.png

Guy Who Should Have Been A Waiver Claim - Weak Clear Attempts - Doesn't Shoot in the Slot
Men's League Puck Skills - Needs to be Intense 100% of the Game - Duchene's Replacement
100 lbs Dripping Wet - New Red Wings Fan - Teriyaki Sauce
11 Million Dollar 4th Line

Conditioning Needs Work - Learn How to Hit
Top 4 Waiver Claim - Teriyaki's Owner
Biggie Smalls - The Poor Man's Lindholm

Fake Hips

extralarge.png

Jake DeBrusk - David Krejci - Anders Bjork
Brad Marchand - Ryan Spooner - David Pastrnak
Matt Beleskey - Sean Kurali - Frank Vatrano
Tim Schaller - Riley Nash - TBD

Zdeno Chara - Brandon Carlo
Charlie McAvoy - Kevan Miller
Matt Grzelcyk - Adam McQuaid

Tuukka Rask

Nathan MacKinnon's Offseason Trainer
mackinnon-1040x572.jpg

GDT Video: Hard Times for Avs Fans

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

member 116861

Only thing more ridiculous than Jared Bednar being a NHL coach is Columbus day being an actual holiday.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
1 o’clock game? Columbus Day isn’t even a real holiday. Who has today off? Hope everybody down at the post office enjoys watching the game today

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
This is sweet for us Europeans. A game that begins 8 PM, awesome. After this game it's going to be the usual, watching games 6 am before heading to university / work for a while.

Avs win 5-1. Varly plays amazingly.

Reactions: Vaslof

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
Brilliant time to start a game :D

Hoping for a much improved effort. However, realistically either the goaltending bails out the team or the Avs get embarrassed.

Better not take a single penalty as the PK is pure insanity. Do not understand what they are thinking honestly. Collapse down low and leave the point wide open so that the opponent have the time and space to do whatever they want. Opponents can look at passing options, walk right in and windup shots with very little pressure.

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
These positive vibes in this thread gives me goosebumps. Good to be a fan these days :thumbu:

Still looking forward to the game - but there is a good chance i'll change my mind after the first.

Last edited:

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
We always do well in these early Eastern Conference road games..

I mean we beat the Pens last year to start the season IIRC..

And our record in Boston is incredibly good...

I expect Varly to stand on his head tonight (he still will give up a few goals but it will be enough to win thanks to our offense getting a few bounces)...

So yeah.

I think we are going to win tonight...

I don't think it will look all that pretty and the Bruins will show that they are a way better team in the process but we will still come away with the 2 points...

Bobby Mc said it best. The first 10 games of each season are crazy and don't mean much.
Avs away against an EC team?

As an Avs fan you should probably not miss it because the win probability of the Avs against good teams probably won't increase as the year goes on...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad