GDT: Game 29: Red Wings vs canes 7:30 pm et 12/14/23 (ESPN+, HULU)

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
looks like that collapse ruined the season

Wouldn't go that far. We need guys back, and goaltending. Husso took a step tonight but like someone else mentioned, also shot himself in the foot so it's a "meh". 52 games to go, still lots of time to iron out the issues or figure if this ship isn't sailing to the post season. But it is incredibly frustrating to watch at times as fan... you know they are better than past years but make similar lapes at times.

Reactions: RedWingzz
Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Wouldn't go that far. We need guys back, and goaltending. Husso took a step tonight but like someone else mentioned, also shot himself in the foot so it's a "meh". 52 games to go, still lots of time to iron out the issues or figure if this ship isn't sailing to the post season. But it is incredibly frustrating to watch at times as fan... you know they are better than past years but make similar lapes at times.
incredibly frustrating indeed....

I want nothing more than success for this team, but I just feel like we're going in circles and stuck in the middle.

on to the next one I guess..go wings go

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
Justin Holl was horrible tonight. I felt like every time kane was on the ice he had either maata or holl on the ice who literally only dump pucks out. Our D just has no transition and it was obvious with how stale they were in this game. 4 losses of the last 5 and you have to wonder what it's going to take for Yzerman to put his big boy pants on and move a dman to bring up edvinsson finally. Keep waiting and it's gonna be too late. His poor decision making is costing us points and it's super frustrating!!
I wish that one of our reporters would ask Yzerman/Lalonde about this.

"Hey, you have 4 D playing at a clearly subpar level and a blue chip D prospects tearing up the AHL. When are you going to ice the best roster available to you?"

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
we've won 1 of the last 5...how am I supposed to be positive?
Larkin and Compher both practiced today?

Dude, there's not a single team that's gonna look great without their 1C and 2C. Take away McDavid and Draistl and the Oilers look like an AHL team. Same with Crosby and Malkin, etc, etc.

Didn’t they acquire DeBrincat to score? When is he going to finally do it again?
When he has a center not named Veleno or Copp. Hopefully next game.

RED WINGS STOMP

Nov 28, 2022
Tough loss, but I will gladly give this one game up if we can get Husso's confidence up and he plays like that the rest of the season(minus the one flub).

I know it might take a little time, but we need some of these almosts with Kane and DeBrincat to start turning into goals. Start clicking you two, especially Cat, he needs to end this drought.

Chris Langlois

Jan 31, 2022
I wish that one of our reporters would ask Yzerman/Lalonde about this.

"Hey, you have 4 D playing at a clearly subpar level and a blue chip D prospects tearing up the AHL. When are you going to ice the best roster available to you?"
I literally said this to my friend tonight. Reporters need to start asking tough questions to put more pressure on the staff.

DamonDRW

Dec 23, 2007
Tampere, Finland
I said before the season started that the fate of this team depends on Larkin. If he is healthy we make the playoffs if not, we don't make it.

He is our only star carrying the whole team.

Reactions: Rzombo4 prez

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Why on earth are people expecting the Wings to beat quality opponents (especially those with strong bluelines) without their first and second line centers? Serious f***ing question here. Someone give me an answer. Any points we get without Larkin and Compher in the lineup is manna from heaven.

I honestly thought it was going to be much worse.

RED WINGS STOMP

Nov 28, 2022
Why on earth are people expecting the Wings to beat quality opponents (especially those with strong bluelines) without their first and second line centers? Serious f***ing question here. Someone give me an answer. Any points we get without Larkin and Compher in the lineup is manna from heaven.

I honestly thought it was going to be much worse.
Seconded on this. We aren't going to beat the Dallas and Carolina's of the NHL without Larkin and Compher. Saw how much we missed them in the dot tonight.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Hard to build any momentum when the other team reads how we try to get out of our zone most of the time. I get that they have set plays, but why do them blindly?
Rod even said it on the broadcast, they saw tendencies and he told them to hit them

Reactions: RRhoads

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad