GDT: Game 29 | Jackets @ Lightning | 12/15 7PM | Tarry’s back

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Decent game for much of it. More garbage game management from Larsen
How? He adjusted pretty well. First period gave them a few too many chances, so we started playing more aggressively and made a game of it.

Terry pulling timing was bad, but otherwise...

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
How? He adjusted pretty well. First period gave them a few too many chances, so we started playing more aggressively and made a game of it.

Terry pulling timing was bad, but otherwise...
He continues to force Gaudreau-Jenner-Nyquist. We finally see a really good game from Sillinger and that line and he limits their ice time for much of the game. He strikes me as a coach who coaches not to lose vs coaches to win and I hate that. Guys like Claude Julien were like that and I couldnt stand it when he coached team Canada specifically

Reactions: MoeBartoli

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
The third Johnson -- Sillinger -- Marchenko line was excellent. Boone's line was tragedy, Roslovic's line was less tragedy than the first. If Boone is our 1th center, Bedard is our.
D-men - Gavrikov and Berni were very good.
Tarasov was excellent but.. .

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
He continues to force Gaudreau-Jenner-Nyquist. We finally see a really good game from Sillinger and that line and he limits their ice time for much of the game. He strikes me as a coach who coaches not to lose vs coaches to win and I hate that. Guys like Claude Julien were like that and I couldnt stand it when he coached team Canada specifically
The impression I got is that that Jenner line exists because the other two lines are playing pretty well, and the theory is that Gaudreau is supposed to be able to carry a line. And sometimes he has. I think I'd rather see the kids doing well together rather than try to force bigger things out of the established guy.

ColumbusTrill

Mar 15, 2021
13 minutes is big ice time? They got 3rd line minutes tonight when they were the only ones going

IDK they didn't play much in the first but the last two periods it seemed like they were getting more shifts than any other line. Especially in the third period

Edit: Checked moneypuck and that line had the most 5on5 minutes

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
The impression I got is that that Jenner line exists because the other two lines are playing pretty well, and the theory is that Gaudreau is supposed to be able to carry a line. And sometimes he has. I think I'd rather see the kids doing well together rather than try to force bigger things out of the established guy.
The kids were playing well when noone else was, stop being so timid and let them play bigger minutes in a game like this.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
The kids were playing well when noone else was, stop being so timid and let them play bigger minutes in a game like this.
I think there's something to be said about not throwing too much at them immediately such that they don't burn out later in the season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad