GDT: Game 29: Columbus at Vancouver | 12/18 4PM

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
This team just keeps showing that they can win in so many ways. Last night they showed they can still win when the opposing team is getting all the "puck luck"

Now for a tough home stand!

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
This team just keeps showing that they can win in so many ways. Last night they showed they can still win when the opposing team is getting all the "puck luck"

Now for a tough home stand!

And they took the 4 minutes BS penalty on JMFJ and ***** slapped the Oilers the rest of the game with it.
And then Wenny's and team's response to Tkachuk hit on Saad

Things that may have knocked this team down in previous years are now energizing this team.

Cautiously optimistic and completely enjoying the moment.

hardkorejackets

Nov 6, 2013
Coldwater, OH
I'm ready to throw my caution to the wind. This cannot just be a "hot streak." This team has more of "it" than any other group assembled at Nationwide.

Yep. We are on a bit of a hot streak, but I think many could tell that this team has the "it" factor now. Early November after a last minute 3rd period goal to force OT to win it against the Stars, followed by the 10-0 win against Montreal, you could tell this team was different than year's past.

Now, this team goes on a Western Canada trip and just sweeps it. Shoot, we allowed 3 3rd period goals last night. 1 was after a 4 minute powerplay pretty much, another was just a fluke deflection off Jack Johnson's skate, and the 3rd was an goal in the last minute of a game pretty much. Years past, this team would have caved in. But, we battled in OT and Seth Jones got the game winning goal from a nice Cam Atkinson dish. I would love it if fans, or even teams continued to look past us though. I don't mind being the underdog.

Even though I won't be at the game, I hope the obnoxious Pittsburgh fans get silented and the Penguins lose on Thursday.

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Watched the game after work last night. Kept off social media so it would seem live.

After the first I thought it would finish 0-0. That ice was bad. Only good chance was missed by Sedin who would score on that 99.5 out of 100 times. Things going the CBJ way so far this year in almost every way possible (until the 3rd period :laugh:)

PP looked awesome. Werenski (seems like he's patented that shot already) and Cam in his usual spot burying the puck in the net. Nice to see Saad get a PP goal. PP has been so good you rarely see the second unit.

The Vancouver PP goal and a bad deflection goal had me a little nervous in the 3rd when they tied it up. Had me thinking of what Torts said when something doesn't go right how will they react. Then Saad scored that 2nd one. Knew they had at least had a point. After the second deflection to tie it up I figured they would lose in OT or the shootout but again they laughed at my lack of faith.

I have seriously been jaded the past 15 years ;)

Congrats to Torts for his 500th win.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad