GDT: Game 28: Red Wings at Blues 7:30 pm EST 12/12/23 (ESPN)

Chris Langlois

Jan 31, 2022
Even though Husso gave up 4 goals I felt he had a good game making some key saves. Hopefully he can build off of that.

Patrick kane continues to look unreal. He could have 5 goals right now if not for 4 posts. But even just the little things he does. He makes our powerplay so much more deadly looking.

I thought Chiorot and petey had a strong game defensively surprisingly. Besides that it's clear our defense is not good enough. Another game of 4 goals given up. Something has to change.

WF19

Nov 18, 2009
Even though Husso gave up 4 goals I felt he had a good game making some key saves. Hopefully he can build off of that.

Patrick kane continues to look unreal. He could have 5 goals right now if not for 4 posts. But even just the little things he does. He makes our powerplay so much more deadly looking.

I thought Chiorot and petey had a strong game defensively surprisingly. Besides that it's clear our defense is not good enough. Another game of 4 goals given up. Something has to change.
The patience the guy has is unreal. One of his favorite players was Datsyuk and he for sure thinks the game like him just doesn't have the defensive aspect of his game.

RRhoads

Mar 10, 2015
Norway
It's been a really good season so far, imo. Lots of positives. We are not there yet where we won"t have slumps, and no one expects us too.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
why do you have to expose me like this? can't we just enjoy the win in unison?

for real though, I drool....but I don't care, we got the 2 points that we desperately needed. The roller coaster season continues, let's see where it goes next.
:neener:

Nature of being a middling/rebuilding/fighting-for-a-playoff-spot team methinks. In terms of the "roller coaster." More ups and more downs to come for sure.

Reactions: RedWingzz

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
I think the issues is that Seider's partner has been sucking ass. Walman got 16:50 ice time, Matta 15:30. Petry's 20:38 is more a reflection of Chiarot getting 19:50 as the best LHD on the team. (I puked in my mouth a little when I typed that.)

He has one legit goal where he beat the goalie, a deflection, one EN, and 2 rebounds he dunked home. His assists are mostly cycling the puck back to the defenseman. His soft spot on the ice is just the half wall on the cycle so he can pass back to the D. I really don't see any hockey IQ, it's typical bottom 6 strategy. I'm comparing to the average NHLer, not your average beer leaguer. I don't see anything with Copp that's above average as far as hockey IQ.

Now if we compare him to Bowey, yeah Copp is a hockey genius.

To me, it matters not, you simply have Seider take shifts with the other guys to keep him on the ice more often. Same way they did with Lidstrom, or any team does with their top end defenceman, he played with a regular partner but always played way more cause he also had shifts with everyone else. I agree, lately Walman's defensive game has been a little off and he seems to be making more mistakes lately, but Chiarot is only playing ok and Petry really isn't playing well at all.

I mean even 38-39 year old Burns is close to Seider's average ice time this season. I get it is only Seider's 3rd season, but not sure why we always need to be so slow to move good players along in their careers. Good players are good players let them play.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Walman has to be playing hurt. He’s not been realgud for 2 weeks now.

Husso f***ing sucks. Trade for Markstrom. He should have been a wing in 2008.

Solid effort by the boys.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Yes, he does. +36% with Copp on the PK btw. Just check this tweet if you think it’s just a narrative.

Huh... a defensive matchup center on a mediocre team has bad metrics? Stop the presses.

What a f***ing great surprise Joey has been this season. Wow
I love the impact of expectations...

1702442676226.png

Nut Upstrom

You dirty dog!
Dec 18, 2010
Florida

I still hate having him on the team/seeing him in that jersey, but you're right, Kane looks very good. Much better than he looked last season with NY

eojsmada

Oct 23, 2022
Veleno is really starting to impress me. I know he's always been a bit of "late bloomer" at every level he's played. But his ability to play up in the lineup really has me thinking he could really be a 2C for you guys. Would still love to see some net-front presence added to the lineup at some point.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Walman has to be playing hurt. He’s not been realgud for 2 weeks now.

Husso f***ing sucks. Trade for Markstrom. He should have been a wing in 2008.

Solid effort by the boys.

Markstrom sucks too though. .896 which is the same as Husso.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad