GDT: Game 28 | Columbus vs. New Jersey | 12/5 7PM

VABUCK

Oct 31, 2014
Midlothian, VA
Teams are going to be more physical with the Jackets since the PP is so pathetic. Devils didn't seem to care when they gave up a penalty.

Reactions: CPTN71

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
NJD: Played a solid game. Deserved to win x 100. They have a team like we had last year. Hungry and looking for respect. They earned it.

Our team: Horrible effort. Nothing right now to be excited about. Such a unstructured sloppy team. Too many passengers. They are still getting too deep. Plenty of rebounds today that bounced into the slot and nobody was there. They are what they are right now. Too bad it's not very good. Had an idea with all the youth that they might regress a bit but never thought they'd have so much trouble scoring goals. Enough venting.

Not giving up on them. But boy they better get it together.

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
Team seems robotic. No fire or emotion. Skated the same onto the ice as they skated off. Hope they aren't alright with that effort.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
How could you sit there watch that PP for over a year now and still have that dude behind the bench.

Maybe Torts isn’t talking with Larsen about it either? I mean he said he was done and he’s a man of his word so... :sarcasm:

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Maybe Torts isn’t talking with Larsen about it either? I mean he said he was done and he’s a man of his word so... :sarcasm:
I'm just picturing Jarmo sitting there on the stands with all his patience "It's not that bad, let's wait some more... and some more... and so on, oh yeah PP goal!, it should get better, now let's wait some more.."

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Man the reaction you guys are having to this game is like we aren't ever allowed a bad game. And it was bad... But the Devils are also a pretty good team this year and have schnides who I've always thought is a top 5 goalie in the league if he could get a D in front of him. I also don't think Bob was bad. The 1st was a shitty turnover, the 2nd was just a great play he had no chance. The one where his helmet came off you can't blame him for at all he's literally blind a minute. Don't remember the other but even if 1 was his fault we should be able to beat that.

We need Murray back BADLY which was known from last year. When he went down last year we went with him as a team. I have 1 opinion about our current D and what needs to be done along with our offense and what needs to be done. It's a weird idea i.came up with in the hospital high on pain killers but it's making more and more sense every day... Trade Savard and Wennberg for a 1C and get a D back in that deal or make a minor deal with someone else like Q last year. Savards chemistry with JJ was the only thing keeping me on the Savard train but that's gone. He was healthy scratched a game for a reason. He's still a 2/3D and a RHD at that which is always in demand. Wennbergs value will be lower because current year but GMs will think he will be able to turn it around so it won't be super low. He's still a young 2C on a good contract just like Savard. Wennberg, Savard, 1st, Milano... That's a HUGE package that should get someone. Throw in a 2nd 1st if nessasary.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
Reactions: 213 Sentinel

JKinCLE

killing time @ work
Jul 10, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
I know its been mentioned, but man I wish I had a screenshot from the PP last night where one person was bringing it into the offensive zone while 4 others just stood still at the blue line. No momentum entering the zone and to nobody's surprise, the puck carrier lost posession and down the ice it went.

Repeat failed entry.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I know its been mentioned, but man I wish I had a screenshot from the PP last night where one person was bringing it into the offensive zone while 4 others just stood still at the blue line. No momentum entering the zone and to nobody's surprise, the puck carrier lost posession and down the ice it went.

Repeat failed entry.
I actually like our PP when Zach or Jonesy enters the zone with a full head of speed and keeps control of the puck entering the zone, but like you say the other 4 guys need to at least be moving when he enters. If they're just standing, waiting for him to enter the zone it's not gonna work.

What they should do is have one guy standing on each side of the ice just behind the blue line just off the boards while three guys are trying to enter the zone, so that when Jonesy or Werenski try to enter the zone they have someone to dish it to for a quick give and go, while also having another guy or two entering the zone with him. That gives him three options, drive to the net after he gets the pass back, put a shot on net because you have two other guys driving to the net or look to pass because you should have a lot of open ice in the offensive zone.

Generally after they gain entry they just look like they're playing hot potato and can't find a good lane to shoot from. The passes to guys who are open take to long and they guys getting the passes are taking too long to get them off.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad