GDT: Game 28: Arizona Campbells @ Calgary Smiths | 7:00 p.m. MST | FS-A | 98.7 FM

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
giphy.gif

@

mike-smith-embellish_large.gif

:coyotes

Perlini - Stepan - Rieder
Keller - Richardson - Strome
Domi - Dvorak - Fischer
Rinaldo - Cousins - Duclair

Ekman-Larsson - Demers
Goligoski - Campbell
Connauton - Schenn

Wedgewood
Langhamer

:flames

Gaudreau - Monahan - Ferland
Tkachuk - Backlund - Frolik
Bennett - Jankowski - Jagr
Hamilton - Stajan - Brouwer

Giordano - Hamilton
Brodie - Hamonic
Bartkowski - Stone

Pizza Goalie
Lack

If we lose, I'm blaming CC96.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Posting again
giphy.gif

To be clear, it's not really that Campbell is so traumatizing it's what his time as a Coyote represents that is.

Seems like he's doing good work as the captain of the Runners so good for him.

Also I never really noticed this before but he looks a lot like Michael Stone
stonemi01-2017.jpg
campban01-2017.jpg

If we lose, I'm blaming CC96.

Good strategy in general anyway.

Reactions: Lady Macbeth

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
We should have secretly stashed Stone in the minors for reconditioning and sent Campbell to Calgary.

Reactions: Yandover

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Sun Belt
Back in town for a wedding this weekend; will be my first live game of the season. Anyone want to get together and take this one in at the bar?

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Nothing would make me happier with this game featuring GREASE IN THE CREASE than one or more of the following:

• ...a Coyotes goal after Smith misplays the puck behind the net;
  • ...a Coyotes goal off a rebound while Smith is posing for the cameras off the initial save;
  • ...a Mike Smith dive - even if it results in a goal against our PK - because I respect the classics;
  • ...#ButtGoal3: Back in the Crack;
  • ...Smith basically playing his normal game, which means a couple of highlight-reel saves in a loss where his SV% is about .850.
Of course, given our franchise's luck, he'll shut us out and give us the patented Death Stare as he skates off the ice.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
Nothing would make me happier with this game featuring GREASE IN THE CREASE than one or more of the following:

• ...a Coyotes goal off a rebound while Smith is posing for the cameras off the initial save;
  • ...a Mike Smith dive - even if it results in a goal against our PK - because I respect the classics;
  • ...Smith basically playing his normal game, which means a couple of highlight-reel saves in a loss where his SV% is about .850.
Of course, given our franchise's luck, he'll shut us out and give us the patented Death Stare as he skates off the ice.

I hope the Coyotes force Calgary to pull Smith out of the game.

Reactions: kbay

Prarievarg

On the hype lokomotiv
Oct 27, 2016
Stockholm / Linköping

This made me chuckle, funny post! And yes, any of those would make my day, even if we lose, except the dive.

Reactions: kbay

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH

You left out “pass it to a guy who can score” such as Keller..... Strome..... Perlini.....

:naughty:

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
Prediction:
Coyotes win 2-1 in a shootout. Winning shootout goal goes to...Cousins.

Smitty freaks out and attacks Cousins with his stick, injuring him severely.

Cousins misses 30 games because of the brutal attack

Smitty is suspended for 21 games.

Reactions: kbay and Yandover

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Prediction:
Coyotes win 2-1 in a shootout. Winning shootout goal goes to...Cousins.

Smitty freaks out and attacks Cousins with his stick, injuring him severely.

Cousins misses 30 games because of the brutal attack

Smitty is suspended for 21 games.
Merkley is called up to replace Cousins, goes on a massive scoring and wins the Calder The gift of Mike Smith in Calgary keeps giving.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
My prediction is that we get stomped OR we dominate most of the play like we have surprisingly often this season and lose anyways. Either way, we lose.

Reactions: SR and moosemeister

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
"The Coyotes know Mike Smiths weaknesses and they'll try to exploit them"

So basically we're shooting 5-hole all f***ing night :laugh:

Reactions: 0point1

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Finally got our coaching staff to stop saying "get it in deep... Make them go 200 feet", but old habits die hard for Tyson, apparently.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad