Post-Game Talk: Game #27: New York Rangers vs Toronto Maple Leafs, 7pm ET, MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
I can deal with struggles and losses, but the starts this team constantly has are unforgivable. Why are the leaders unprepared to start games? Soft. End of story. They don't need any more coaches to tell us this, either. We all love their core and some have been here a while, but you know what, some of these guys will show us this year whether they have what it takes or if changes need to be made. Valiquette's postgame were extremely telling. Why can't this core get up for games?

hardnosed

Feb 27, 2017
Man Braden Schneider is bad
Yea, but what can we do about it? Jones is 10X worse. And God help us if we need to pair Gus and Jones on that 3rd pair. Unless I'm forgetting about someone in Hartford who is a RD, what choice do we have? Personally I'd like to package both of Schneider and Jones to get a middle of the road vet RD. The only reason to hold onto these guys is if you think they have the potential to turn into quality players. Do we really think that's still possible? Move on.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Kreider-Trocheck-Vesey was awesome last year in a short sample. Trocheck and Vesey are playing great. Kreider could use a boost and frankly, less Zibanejad in his life. Let's give it a shot.

When healthy I'd like to see:

Kreider-Trocheck-Vesey
Panarin-Chytil-Lafreniere
Cuylle-Zibanejad-Kakko
Pitlick-Bonino-Wheeler

f*** Goodrow and I'm also this close to putting Kakko on the 4th line and inserting Brodzinski full-time.

As it stands, I guess bump all the centers up and put stupid Goodrow in, with Brodzinski obviously in for Kakko.

That top six would be a monster and if Zibanejad likes defending so much, he can do it with Cuylle and Kakko on our checking line.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Page 51.....starting my daily reading on it . LOL.....and finishing my reading on it . Thank the heavens for the fast forward button on my satellite last night ! Team is hurting and when you have a soft club this stuff happens . We simply don' t have the reach down for a better effort type guys on our team . It is time for the Othmann Christmas Special to arrive on Broadway . We need that shot of energy
. Even a cameo appearance would be great about now .

mrhockey193195

Nov 14, 2006
Denver, CO
Kreider-Trocheck-Vesey was awesome last year in a short sample. Trocheck and Vesey are playing great. Kreider could use a boost and frankly, less Zibanejad in his life. Let's give it a shot.

Kreider-Trocheck-Vesey
Cuylle-Zibanejad-Kakko
Pitlick-Bonino-Wheeler

f*** Goodrow and I'm also this close to putting Kakko on the 4th line and inserting Brodzinski full-time.

As it stands, I guess bump all the centers up and put stupid Goodrow in, with Brodzinski obviously in for Kakko.

That top six would be a monster and if Zibanejad likes defending so much, he can do it with Cuylle and Kakko on our checking line.
Honestly? Put Brod on LW on the 4th line instead of Pitlick. Wheeler can set him up for one-timers.

80shockeywasbuns

Feb 12, 2022
Yea, but what can we do about it? Jones is 10X worse. And God help us if we need to pair Gus and Jones on that 3rd pair. Unless I'm forgetting about someone in Hartford who is a RD, what choice do we have? Personally I'd like to package both of Schneider and Jones to get a middle of the road vet RD. The only reason to hold onto these guys is if you think they have the potential to turn into quality players. Do we really think that's still possible? Move on.
Eh, to me Jones always looks infinitely better and more poised than him, despite being way less experienced and ice cold every time he plays. And he has a player profile that actually translates to being good in the NHL, idk how people don’t want to see him with an actually good partner like Lindgren/Gus.

The standard for Jones is “be Roman Josi instantly or you suck” and for Schneider it’s all good as long as he only shits his pants a single digit amount of times in the game

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ

Kreider-Trocheck-Vesey
Cuylle-Zibanejad-Kakko
Pitlick-Bonino-Wheeler

790E7DAD-5F52-4EB3-893A-7EE8411CC1AD.jpeg

Let Vesey cook.

hardnosed

Feb 27, 2017
Eh, to me Jones always looks infinitely better and more poised than him, despite being way less experienced and ice cold every time he plays. And he has a player profile that actually translates to being good in the NHL, idk how people don’t want to see him with an actually good partner like Lindgren/Gus.

The standard for Jones is “be Roman Josi instantly or you suck” and for Schneider it’s all good as long as he only shits his pants a single digit amount of times in the game
Jones with Gus or Lindgren playing on their off side is a disaster waiting to happen. He provides zero defense is his own end. Gus doesn't either so that pair can't happen.

80shockeywasbuns

Feb 12, 2022
Jones with Gus or Lindgren playing on their off side is a disaster waiting to happen. He provides zero defense is his own end. Gus doesn't either so that pair can't happen.

Schneider-Jones is already a disaster in the D zone. Can’t hurt to try something else, especially when they looked awesome as a pair in preseason. The off-side thing this whatever. Schneider is on his strong side and is still filling his diaper at an unprecedented rate

hardnosed

Feb 27, 2017
Schneider-Jones is already a disaster in the D zone. Can’t hurt to try something else, especially when they looked awesome as a pair in preseason. The off-side thing this whatever. Schneider is on his strong side and is still filling his diaper at an unprecedented rate
Having seen this coaching staff's priorities, I find it hard to believe that Jones/Gus is on their radar. Actually, if you really are insisting to give Jones a chance to prove something, put him with Trouba for a few games. Supposedly he's the guy that "groomed" Miller for 3 years. If Miller is going to miss some time, that's what I would do. And be prepared to bump up Gus when appropriate to limit Jones's minutes as Trouba gets his usual 25.

Look at this shit, if Jones made a play like this hed wake up the next day blindfolded tied to a raft in the Philippines
Before I played that, I knew exactly what play that would be, lol. I pointed it out when it happened. Rediculous

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Top 5 personal worst, emotionally-scarring viewing experience last night, right up there with the no-anesthesia heart-ripping in Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, and Alex Murphy's fate at the old steel mill at the hands of Clarence Boddicker and his gang prior to him becoming RoboCop.

80shockeywasbuns

Feb 12, 2022
Having seen this coaching staff's priorities, I find it hard to believe that Jones/Gus is on their radar. Actually, if you really are insisting to give Jones a chance to prove something, put him with Trouba for a few games. Supposedly he's the guy that "groomed" Miller for 3 years. If Miller is going to miss some time, that's what I would do. And be prepared to bump up Gus when appropriate to limit Jones's minutes as Trouba gets his usual 25.

Before I played that, I knew exactly what play that would be, lol. I pointed it out when it happened. Rediculous
Oh I know it’s not on their radar. Schneider can do no wrong since he has the “stay at home D” reputation therefore it doesn’t matter how many passes he makes to the other team

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

hardnosed

Feb 27, 2017
Oh I know it’s not on their radar. Schneider can do no wrong since he has the “stay at home D” reputation therefore it doesn’t matter how many passes he makes to the other team
Getting to the point where you start thinking where Schneider's ceiling is. A couple of years ago, we thought it was a top pair 2 way defenseman that will be a star. That assessment pretty much is out the window. On top of that, he's pretty much blocked from top 4 minutes with Fox and Trouba ahead of him. Even with Fox missing 10 games, they put Gus up on his off side. I still think he has decent trade value so they could move him. The problem is I want no part of Jones full time. So you need a RD in return. At the deadline, if we could get a bottom pair vet who is stable and on a decent contract for a year or two, I would take it. Because that may be Schneider's upside at this point.

80shockeywasbuns

Feb 12, 2022
Getting to the point where you start thinking where Schneider's ceiling is. A couple of years ago, we thought it was a top pair 2 way defenseman that will be a star. That assessment pretty much is out the window. On top of that, he's pretty much blocked from top 4 minutes with Fox and Trouba ahead of him. Even with Fox missing 10 games, they put Gus up on his off side. I still think he has decent trade value so they could move him. The problem is I want no part of Jones full time. So you need a RD in return. At the deadline, if we could get a bottom pair vet who is stable and on a decent contract for a year or two, I would take it. Because that may be Schneider's upside at this point.
I need whatever drugs those people were on

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
It's time to split up that one line and maybe spread the wealth.

Trocheck is the only one that's done shit in the last 5 or 6 games anyway.
Disagree...leave the ptl line together and find solutions for the other line. I thought Wheeler actually started playing well the last two games. The problem is we have too many 4th line guys in the lineup. I would have loved if they had called up one of the younger more skilled guys than Nash and put them in a position to succeed. Win win.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Disagree...leave the ptl line together and find solutions for the other line. I thought Wheeler actually started playing well the last two games. The problem is we have too many 4th line guys in the lineup. I would have loved if they had called up one of the younger more skilled guys than Nash and put them in a position to succeed. Win win.
I would be more willing to leave them together if they were doing anything. That line has slowed considerably.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad