TOI BRUINS

VIDEO

Last edited:
Reactions: Dreghorn2

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Tougher time Saturday the Isles and you know who? This was a good game, first period they could have had 3 goals, lapse in the 2nd but back to the game plan. Cassidy and crew have them rolling. Good games from that Nash line again, Heinen is turning into a dark horse Calder guy for me, complete player. Good to see Backes and Krech get some pts and even the kid Bjork. Carlo is fine ppl relax he can skate with size it will happen.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact: finally here!!!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Killed the vermin, all is well.

About the Coyotes... Not impressed with Keller. Not noticeable, IMO.

pineapplestastegood

Oct 4, 2017
Grzelcyk had a great game. If this is really who Grzelcyk is, the Bruins should see if they can make a hockey trade, Krug for someone who is a better all around defenseman. He should not be playing top 4 minutes, on any team, ever. Grzelcyk can definitely fill the 3rd pairing offensive X factor role. He might not put up as many points as Krug, but with Krug's contract and his slot on the depth chart, Krug is an overall net loss in terms of worth as a player IN MY OPINION.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
McAvoy and Chara both with a + 3

Backes is my number 1 player tonight followed by Rask. I was hoping Backes would get that hatty; what a feel good story and a role model for these younger guys to look up to.

This is the Coyotes, so it's nothing to really get too excited about, but a blowout was nice to see for a team that's showed a ton of perseverance so far this year.

Reactions: BMC

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
One of the stranger 6-1 games I have seen. A rare shout out to the officials who did a good job, when was the last time the B's had a 4 PP advantage.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
If this is really who Grzelcyk is, the Bruins should see if they can make a hockey trade, Krug for someone who is a better all around defenseman. He should not be playing top 4 minutes, on any team, ever. Grzelcyk can definitely fill the 3rd pairing offensive X factor role. He might not put up as many points as Krug, but with Krug's contract and his slot on the depth chart, Krug is an overall net loss of worth as a player IN MY OPINION.

I like Grz and I think he has NHL level talent. Maybe a similar if not better version of Matt Hunwick. But in no way does he make Krug expendable.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Heinen with 19:25 ice time, wow
McAvoy and Chara both with a + 3

Backes is my number 1 player tonight followed by Rask. I was hoping Backes would get that hatty; what a feel good story and a role model for these younger guys to look up to.

This is the Coyotes, so it's nothing to really get too excited about, but a blowout was nice to see for a team that's showed a ton of perseverance so far this year.

I love Backes, it sucks his contract makes him less liked than he should be. He's a terrific leader and a huge asset to this team when he's at his best.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
I've been hoping for a blowout game from the Bs. Have to go back to March 8 last season since the Bs won a game by 5 goals. What a difference getting guys back from injury has made. Super impressed how good Backes has looked since coming back early from his colon issues. Also it's great to see the middle 6 contributing on the scoreboard.

pineapplestastegood

Oct 4, 2017
I like Grz and I think he has NHL level talent. Maybe a similar if not better version of Matt Hunwick. But in no way does he make Krug expendable.
If Krug had a reasonable contract for where he should be slotted on the depth chart (3rd pairing) I'd agree. But I'd rather have a lesser version of that player at way less money, and spend that money on someone who can be reliable playing 2nd pairing minutes. Again, just my opinion.

Reactions: Bun cook

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I'd sit Kevan when McQ is back. I think a Griz/McQ tandem could be very good.

I wonder if they would try Miller at forward; I think they like his smarts, skating, and strength/physicality. I think McQuaid could be a good partner for Grz too, like he was with Krug.

Reactions: frickinbobby

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Big 2 points!

But for awhile there in the second period I thought the B's were going to crap the bed, but thanks to DB's goals the Bruins snapped out of their coma and took it to the Coyotes in the third.

...and it was nice to finally get a few calls in our favor this game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad