GDT: Game 26 | Flames @ Jackets | 12/9 7PM | Here’s Johnny

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
If this wasn't the one where Elvis made a nice pad save (or skate save whatever, very close) and there was a Calgary player nearby just waiting for that rebound and then somehow the puck got out, then I missed it. Would love to see a replay.

It was 46 seconds left. The rebound went to Toffoli at the side of the net and Gavi did the splits to get (I think) his skate on it.

Reactions: ThirdPeriodTurtle

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
No one should play in 5:4 either. His decisions are slow, easy to read. I would do:

Johnson
Gaudreau Marchenko Chinakhov
Laine

Jenner
Nyquist Roslovic Sillinger
Gudbranson*

Erik has hard shot and that PP Unit is more for playing in the front of the net.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
No one should play in 5:4 either. His decisions are slow, easy to read. I would do:

Johnson
Gaudreau Marchenko Chinakhov
Laine

I love it.

Jenner
Nyquist Roslovic Sillinger
Gudbranson*

Erik has hard shot and that PP Unit is more for playing in the front of the net.

C'mon, you know he can't aim that thing. Are you trying to maim our players.

Also, for the love of god please send down Sillinger after the holidays. The kid needs some help.

He needs it but if they were even considering it, they would send him to World Jr's right now. It doesn't appear to be a consideration.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
I love it.

C'mon, you know he can't aim that thing. Are you trying to maim our players.

He needs it but if they were even considering it, they would send him to World Jr's right now. It doesn't appear to be a consideration.
:D

• Haha
Reactions: LJ7

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
2nd time I’ve seen these jerseys worn in person and I really like them. The blue and black is nice with the limited use of red as an accent color on the logo and numbers seems to compliment very well.

I think I just hate the red pants because the west jerseys look so much better with blue pants too.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I think they usually call it a penalty in that situation. Anytime the puck is pressed in from the side or obscured in anyway by a glove.

But Elvis was splayed out after getting speared in the "sensitive area" so I can see why the officials didn't want to penalize us there.

He got hit in the junk. It's just pain not something that can worsen like a groin tear.

I'm going to start calling him Kenny too. So funny.
I couldn’t tell where he got hurt in the arena. I wasn’t sure if it was a groin muscle or ankle with the way he fell. Maybe he needs some Iron Balls.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
2nd time I’ve seen these jerseys worn in person and I really like them. The blue and black is nice with the limited use of red as an accent color on the logo and numbers seems to compliment very well.

I think I just hate the red pants because the west jerseys look so much better with blue pants too.
Same! So much better in person.

And the red pants suck because of Santa!

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
Just got home from work Xmas party and saw the extended highlights.
Great comeback game for the W.

Laine looked possessed, faster than I've seen him in awhile. Looks like he and Chinakhov have some chemistry.
Hope Korpi is ok. Nice to see Elvis get the win and some confidence back.
Could have been a wider score but Markstrom stole some goals.

Reverse Retro's still look sharp.

Roller coaster season continues.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Basically the answer I wanted to see after the ghost of Wednesday.

Flames seemed tired. Didn't hear or see them talking much.

Glad to see Elvis step up. Its a start on the path to consistency and confidence (hopefully).

Reactions: Viqsi

NotCommitted

Jul 4, 2013
Watched the condensed game from nhl.com, looked like a good effort and good stats across the board. Nice to see a Roslovic line that seems to work. What happened to Korpisalo?

Youngguns80

A worthy goal is easy to defend
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2021
Ohio
I was thinking Berni was looking shockingly good out there, considering how new he is, but wasn't sure enough to speak up. :dunno:

Also, I didn't think public analytics were legally permitted to show anything that ever makes Gudbranson look non-horrible, let alone genuinely good and helpful. Go figure. ;)
You are on a roll Science and now humor. Save your good stuff when the Jackets go on a long road trip and just look awful with this coaching staff. We are going to need it!! 😉🥸🫣

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
You are on a roll Science and now humor. Save your good stuff when the Jackets go on a long road trip and just look awful with this coaching staff. We are going to need it!! 😉🥸🫣
If there's one thing I've learned about this team, it's that when they should look good they don't, and when they should look terrible they play well 🤣

Reactions: Doggy

rotsbu

Feb 14, 2020
We'll continue to see a wildly inconsistent team the rest of the year, but I was hugely relieved to see this type of effort after the massacre on Wednesday.

Reactions: LJ7 and Viqsi

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Every team has a terrible game, especially when in defense plays such "masters" of the first pass like Peeke, Bayreuther, or Bjork. Also, notice how the "tough" players - Gavrikov, Peeke, or Gudbranson lose battles at the boards. That was bound to show. Fortunately Vladislav has improved passing out of his zone this season. Honestly, I'd return Bjork to AHL and try Knyazko and Holm (not Jiříček for his agreement). Nobody believed in Berni (include me) and how well he played. Besides, Kňažko has a very good passing, ice vision. We would try him at PP.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad