GDT: Game 26: Columbus vs. Edmonton | 11/29 7PM EST

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
NHL Blue Jackets ‏@BlueJacketsNHL 28s

Matt Calvert: "We're on a roller coaster right now but we're going to find the answer within. We feed off each other & did tonight." #CBJ

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
NHL Blue Jackets ‏@BlueJacketsNHL 54s

Ryan Johansen: "This is just one game, one win but it feels good. We have to forget about this one quickly & focus on Boston now." #CBJ

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I didn't follow the thread tonight, and I'm sure folks have already started the Calvert appreciation. But damn is he on fire right now. What is he missing? He's not too small if he's knocking guys over and winning puck battles. He's got great hands and speed and heart and smarts. Is he going to be a top six winger? If he can stay relatively healthy I think so.

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
The good Jackets were good enough for long enough tonight. The bad penalties the Jackets took didn't hurt.

Halfboard

Nov 30, 2005
Just back from the game. The good Jackets showed up tonight. Damn, it's fun to be there when they play like that.

Other then the game itself, highlights for me were 1) watching the blimp nearly crash before the game (Oh, the humanity!!) and 2) running into Scott Howson in Starbucks before the game (pretty random).

Oh, and as I'm sure most (some??) of you would agree; Matty Calvert, little Cam & Joey are looking real good right now. :yo:

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
I thought Tropp brought some extra hustle to the game also. In fact the Tropp-Chaput-Skille line did very well I thought. They played high energy hockey like a good fourth lien should. Tropp made two excellent defensive moves to clear pucks, something we have missed recently. and it came from having the intensity to have that "extra" step to beat Oilers to the puck in scrums near our goal.

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
Told ya they win when I am at the Firehouse. Maybe I need to sell all my tickets and work all the home games. It would suck missing the games, but the OT would be nice! ;)

CBJfan4evr

Mar 8, 2008
New Albany
Off topic... At some point this team has to turn the corner toward .500 or sink listlessly into the crapper. 2nite in beantown seems like a potential season defining moment. We shall see....

bizzz*

I thought JMFJ played his best game of the year last night. He was hitting, blocking and was surprisingly accurate with the puck.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad