GDT: Game # 26: Anaheim Ducks @ Chicago Blackhawks , 5:30 PT, BSSC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_5097.jpeg

IMG_5100.jpeg

IMG_5096.jpeg

Anaheim Ducks @ Chicago Blackhawks
5:30 PT, BSSC
IMG_5108.gif
IMG_5099.jpeg

IMG_5109.jpeg

IMG_5102.jpeg

IMG_4560.gif

IMG_5112.jpeg

Ducks Projected Line up

Alex Killorn -- Leo Carlsson -- Troy Terry
Frank Vatrano -- Ryan Strome -- Brett Leason
Benoit-Oliver Groulx -- Adam Henrique -- Jakob Silfverberg
Ross Johnston -- Sam Carrick -- Brock McGinn

Cam Fowler -- Tristan Luneau
Pavel Mintyukov -- Ilya Lyubushkin
Jackson LaCombe -- Radko Gudas

Lukas Dostal
John Gibson

Scratched:
Urho Vaakanainen

Injured: Jamie Drysdale (lower body), Isac Lundestrom (Achilles), Trevor Zegras (lower body), Mason McTavish (upper body), Max Jones (upper body)

IMG_5110.png
Blackhawks Projected Line up

Anthony Beauvillier -- Connor Bedard -- Philipp Kurashev
Tyler Johnson -- Cole Gutman -- Taylor Raddysh
Nick Foligno -- Jason Dickinson -- Joey Anderson
Lukas Reichel -- Ryan Donato -- MacKenzie Entwistle

Kevin Korchinski -- Seth Jones
Connor Murphy -- Nikita Zaitsev
Alex Vlasic -- Louis Crevier

Petr Mrazek
Arvid Soderblom

Scratched:
Boris Katchouk, Reese Johnson

Injured: Andreas Athanasiou (lower body), Colin Blackwell (groin), Jarred Tinordi (concussion protocol)

IMG_5103.jpeg

IMG_5104.gif

IMG_4602.jpeg

Last edited:

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I find it so stupid that the team can't even provide real updates on the injured players. It's been so long for Drys and Z on what were supposed to be fairly minor injuries (at least as initially indicated).

I think both have pulled some kind of muscle, and it wouldn't have happened if they eased themselves into regular season game shape. That is why training camp is so critical, and players sometimes never fully recover till the following season.

Cronin said it was a result from missing camp so it makes sense the injuries. It's not like a broken finger, or a achilles injury which are more specific and have a timetable.

Reactions: branmuffin17

branmuffin17

Sep 10, 2014
Santa Ana, CA
Hey Leo,

So, I find that explanation a little weak (from Cronin). I remember when he originally said it, and I didn't agree with it then. It can make some sense, but at the same time, guys are out of the lineup injured and whatnot at various stages and have to get back into game shape quickly (sometimes not fully in game shape when they start playing again. At least Z and Drys were practicing all summer. Keep in mind Gudas hadn't even been able to skate until the beginning of preseason.

I just don't like blaming their holdouts on contract extensions for these injuries. Sometimes they just happen. But still, better updates and communication from the team would be appreciated, and I know people have been complaining about this for forever, but it's now getting to me (I brush most things off).

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Hey Leo,

So, I find that explanation a little weak (from Cronin). I remember when he originally said it, and I didn't agree with it then. It can make some sense, but at the same time, guys are out of the lineup injured and whatnot at various stages and have to get back into game shape quickly (sometimes not fully in game shape when they start playing again. At least Z and Drys were practicing all summer. Keep in mind Gudas hadn't even been able to skate until the beginning of preseason.

I just don't like blaming their holdouts on contract extensions for these injuries. Sometimes they just happen. But still, better updates and communication from the team would be appreciated, and I know people have been complaining about this for forever, but it's now getting to me (I brush most things off).

It's frustrating, we need both players back. Maybe it goes to show how needed these guys are even when we added talent like Minty and Leo to the line up. I'm looking at the line-ups when Zegras, Drysdale, Lundy, and Mac all get back. We are going to have some nice depth, enough to make some noise. Will have to make some difficult decisions as some players will be pushed out of the line-up.

But the question is, when are they going to get back? I think Jan is a month I am going to circle for potential returns for everyone or mostly everyone. Lundy might need more time. This is why depth is so critical, and the difference between a rebuilding team and a contending team.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I find it so stupid that the team can't even provide real updates on the injured players. It's been so long for Drys and Z on what were supposed to be fairly minor injuries (at least as initially indicated).

img_5103-jpeg.779057

Princess Bride, Mostly Dead.gif

Princess Bride, Slightly Alive.gif

All Duck fans behaving like Dark Helmet on the return of our players ....

ezgif.com-resize2.gif

HC "Blinken" Cronin on finding out what's wrong with our injured players...

Men in Tights, Blinken.gif

EDIT: Guess using the image address no longer works on this newer platform? Had to save as well as resize and then upload the gifs.

Last edited:

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
@Hockey Duckie if you are using gifs/memes from Imgur there is an issue with HF now, since after the migration. Not sure when the timetable to have it fixed will be.

Yup. Found that out the hard way. ha! I think it fails at the publishing (or compiling) stage b/c the gif target works before the publishing stage. It's just an extra step or three to save and upload if I want to share gifs. Gotta blame an intern for the hiccup bug!

Reactions: Leonardo87

DuckDuckGetz

Nov 20, 2017
I think both have pulled some kind of muscle, and it wouldn't have happened if they eased themselves into regular season game shape. That is why training camp is so critical, and players sometimes never fully recover till the following season.

Cronin said it was a result from missing camp so it makes sense the injuries. It's not like a broken finger, or a achilles injury which are more specific and have a timetable.
Yeah and if it's in the core area that would explain the delayed return. Unbelievably frustrating recovery experience on those - you cough, sneeze, turn too quickly, push too hard on the toilet, toss in your sleep, etc. could mean taking a step back in the healing process.

QuackAttack90

Nov 29, 2011
What do you mean? They are "Day to Day"! What more info could we possibly need? 😆

• Haha
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad