GDT: Game 25 - Winnipeg Jets @ Colorado Avalanche - Thursday, December 7th, 2023 - 8:00pm CST - TSN3 - CJOB/Power 97

Status
Not open for further replies.

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
ballarena.jpg

Tonight in the Mile High City, the Winnipeg Jets take on the Colorado Avalanche at Ball Arena at 8:00pm CST. The Jets have turned things around after losing three straight, by winning two in a row, including a 2-1 squeaker against the Carolina Hurricanes. They now have a record of 14-8-2 on the season and are 7-3-0 in their last ten games. The Avalanche are 16-7-2 on the season after a 3-2 victory over Winnipeg's next opponent, the Anaheim Ducks. Colorado is now 6-2-2 in their last ten games. Can the Jets gain some altitude with a win tonight, or will they end up gasping for air? Will Winnipeg go 7-11 again, or will one of the defencemen be sipping slurpees in the pressbox? Will @spiny norman “keep drinkin’ that French Vanilla”? These questions and many others got lost in traffic on the way to the game...

The subject of today's GDT has to deal with my trip this past summer to Colorado. I visited Estes Park for their annual Bigfoot Days in my quest to find the elusive Sasquatch...

bigfootdays.png

While I was there, I attended a conference where they discussed recent sightings in the area. I was quite interested, as speaker after speaker came forward to talk about their experiences and what they saw. It wasn't until about midway through the conference, that I realized that I was sitting beside aerospace engineer Travis S. Taylor...

travistaylor.jpg

I asked him, what he thought about all of this? He said it was just a bunch of hooey and he didn't believe in any of it. “If Bigfoot was real, you would find bones, it's habitat, anything else other than footprints.” If that was the case, I asked him why he was even there? He said he thought Estes Park was where the Coors Brewing Company was, as he wanted to take the tour...

During the intermission between presentations, I was walking around the hall and literally bumped into physicist Michio Kaku...

michiokaku.jpg

I asked him what his take on bigfoot was. He said, “In science, nothing is ever 100% proven. Just look at the coelacanth. Many thought it was extinct millions of years ago, and here it was around all along.” He then said that his ride was departing for Golden, so he had to run. I think @kanadalainen has a new BFF...

I stayed to the end of the presentations, which were all very fascinating. After it was all over, I thought I noticed someone I knew in the corner of the room. It was ancient astronaut theorist Giorgio A. Tsoukalos! I asked him about this thoughts on all this Sasquatch talk, and he only said one word...

aliens.jpg

After learning so much about bigfoot, I thought it was time to go searching for this creature, so I asked one of the locals if they had seen any in the area. They said not around here, but maybe I should try looking in Rocky Mountain National Park...

local.jpg

I thanked them and headed to the park. When I got there, one of the park rangers said there had been numerous sightings recently and I should try up in the mountains...

parkranger.jpg

Excited, I headed up one of the trails,hoping to get a glimpse of bigfoot that has eluded so many in the past. I caught up with a hiker who had recently seen one just a few days ago...

hiker.png

She said just follow the trail, and at the end, that's where she saw it. I asked her to show me exactly where, but she said she wasn't going back there again. Undaunted, I continued my trek up the mountain, enjoying the views...

rockymountainnationalpark.jpg

Finally, I came to the end of the trail, and lo and behold, I could hear some rustling in the trees. Could this be the sasquatch she was talking about...

fuzzybigfoot.png

I went in for a closer look, and got the surprise of my life...

BrentBurns.jpg

Well, there you have it, an exclusive picture of Bigfoot for all the world to see...

Let's hope the Jets don't get sasquashed by the Avalanche tonight...

Go Jets Go! :hockey:

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Thanks @macmaroon for more hard work, thinking at the end of the season the Jets should give you one of their nice jackets they hand out after wins .:nod: Ok Jets just work your ass's off tonight and pick up a big win against a good Central team, oh and no 7 defensemen with Stanley tonight Bowness, Stanley doesn't accomplish much out there. Watch this highlight of Stanley last game.:naughty::laugh:

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
tattooed-shakespeare-mathew-mcfarren.jpg

From the rocky mountain barn, the wounded Avs are toast,
Lust-breathed Bones leads the Jetted host,
Borne by the cascading snows of iced desire,
And to each Pegger conveys the coached-up fire
Which, in pale embers hid, and lurks to aspire
And girdle with gifted goals they paste
Of Bednar's fair love, to Georgiev lay waste.

Happily that name of 'chaste' unhappily set
The feckless edge on Iafrate’s keen appetite;
When Bednar unwisely did not let
To praise the clearly mismatched and gutted shytes
Aye, Perfecto will triumph in that barn of delight,
Where mortal Shufflehaus’d line, as bright as heaven's beauties,
With pure aspects in shots, does us fantastic duties.

For they, a few nights before, in the Peg-style’d tent,
Unlock'd the treasure of Jets’ Brossoitted state;
What wealth of KFC’d bird the heavens had Jets sent
In shots-on and possession - not their strongest fate;
Reckoning their fortune at such high-proud rate,
That our team might be espoused to more fame,
But the Avs not peer to such a lucky game.

Attachments

• 1701957167154.jpeg
    1701957167154.jpeg
    7.1 KB · Views: 2

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Bottom 6 have been pretty quiet lately, AHL Apples back to doing squat, Nino got his contract after his offensive outburst for a few weeks before, the Russian injured at scoring at the same pace as before, Flowbee and slow Gus the Swedish do nothing twins and Barron playing on a line with slugs a line below where he should be! Lowry doing well at his role minus the scoring of an occasional goal!

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Bottom 6 have been pretty quiet lately, AHL Apples back to doing squat, Nino got his contract after his offensive outburst for a few weeks before, the Russian injured at scoring at the same pace as before, Flowbee and slow Gus the Swedish do nothing twins and Barron playing on a line with slugs a line below where he should be! Lowry doing well at his role minus the scoring of an occasional goal!
Q the goal outburst from our bottom 6 now, you don't mess with @sipowicz :laugh:

Stumbledore

Jan 1, 2018
Canada
The odds makers are picking Colorado by a mile (high) and we don't have a single lucky Jane charm. I mean, the Squatch may be pretty cute but it's hardly in the same league as Jane when it comes to inspiring the boys.

Fatdrunk

Better Luck Next Year
Feb 1, 2019
Game Day

Game starts at 8 tonight
Ehlers is Dressed
Slo Gus is Dressed
Flowby is Dressed
Tree is Dressed
Nate Shit still in Doghouse
Helle in net

Reactions: roccerfeller