GDT: Game 25: Columbus at Detroit | 12/9 7:30PM

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
just the morning? you got off easy :laugh:

that's what you get for drinking fireball. I only dabble anymore, but not with that lol.

anyway, enjoy your nhl.tv or whatever you signed up for. I was worried you were gonna be a jinx but I judging by tonight, you need to be a part of these GDTs from now on!

That's exactly what I was going to say!
:cheers:

It may have been more like the next day and a half lol.

I've been a jinx in the past lol, turned on the game and posted and five seconds later we get scored against. And I've been the anti-jinx. I know I had a drunken posting session once and rightly called Freddy Mo (that's right) scoring the game winning OT goal. So I figured I had 50/50 odds but I was banking on the safe side.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Isn't Savard +13 now? And Johnson (the guy you are thinking of) is indeed +12.

I'll be damned. The NHL site had Savard at +11 ten minutes ago. I guess they hadn't posted the numbers from the Detroit game yet. :shakehead
I'm also stunned by who's the worst on the team so far.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Do you guys feel good to be CBJ fans ?

Rick Nash was the first rookie I followed since junior and because of that CBJ became my favorite out of city team. I remember their first playoff run and the almost one when they got bob. Bob has been amazing for the better part of this season and the rest of the team maybe outside jenner are all doing so well. I really hope this last enough to make the playoff and win at least a round. I'd be happy with this but I'm sure you guys all want the cup.

GO JACKETS

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
Just watched the highlights....WOW, did Bobrovsky ever shut the door in the latter half of the third period! Great stops.
I think he gets the call next game vs NYI.

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
This game was decided by goaltending pretty much. Mrazek with an appalling outing while Bob showed up down the stretch. Hope the boys come out a little better out of the gate next time around, today we had to use some of our puck luck.

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Just got back from the game. Horrible ice. Every time they shoveled there were snow piles. Although the Wings weren't falling like the CBJ were. Refs were god awful. Missed Nick. Was worried when I didn't see him come out during the pre-game skate. The team missed his presence I believe. Thought we didn't play very well at all but Bob was outstanding. Wings have some speed but not much else. Missing some players to injuries. No sympathy from me. Very happy to see the CBJ get a win when they didn't play very well.

Glad I made it back to the Joe for the last time. That place is past due to be bull dozed. Lots of memories from when I lived there. All that history and the banners in the rafters. Good stuff.

Best thing was sitting next to all the Wings fans and remembering how it felt when they were invading Nationwide and I had to listen to them hooting and hollering while the CBJ succumbed to another arse beating. Sure the fans around me hated us by the end of the game. Sweet revenge.

Staying up here for a couple more days. Going to the Lions game on Sunday. Will be watching the game tomorrow (tonight lol). Look at record. Still can't believe what I see. Metro isn't letting up. Have to keep it going against the Isles.

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
You may be right, I may be crazy... but I just might be the lunatic your looking for!!!

we have 36 points in 25 games!!!!! Outstanding Mr. Bob.. outside of Cam's shorty it wasn't our best play..except for Bob!! Sweeeet:D

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
After 25 games (30% of the season) who would have predicted that the CBJ would have these stats?

1) 5th in league in points (with enough games in hand to potentially be first)

2) 5 regulation losses (2 in their last 19 games). 5 regulation losses lowest in league.

3) 5th in goals scored

4) 1st in goals against

5) 2nd in goals differential

6) 27th in attendance

I may have gotten close to #6.

Last edited:

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
I made the silly mistake of not checking the channel lineup on Center Ice. So when I was buzzing up the channels, I came to the game - Detroit feed. These old bones get plopped in the chair and I watch the entire game with the DRW announcers. Only when the game is over and they are move into the post-game program do I begin to surf for another game. Lo and behold - there is the Jackets feed. It's not that I was dying to hear Rimmer tell me that Foligino's line was now on - but it was actually funny listening to comments like; "yea, the Red Wings used to beat these guys every game......but not anymore" and things like "with the Blue Jackets defense, those hit posts might be all the Red Wings get the rest of the way".

But the recurring angle for the evening was Zack Werenski and the Dylan Larkin story - growing up together and spending one year together at the U of M. They played together since they were 10 but last night was the first time they ever played against each other.

Odd sighting of the night - third period.
Jack Johnson had the puck deep in his own zone, and started to carry the puck up. He took one look and saw that his outlet pass was covered. So, I'm all prepared for the turnover - right? Johnson gives a head fake, stick-handles the puck and takes two strides and safely starts toward center ice. I was so shocked, my jaw hit my fat belly.

The only thing I was left to wonder was if that play said more about the Red Wings ability to pressure or if it was just a (another) Miracle of the Season. I mean.....come on.......who on the ice gets faked by Jack Johnson?

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
I'd be thrilled to get to playoffs and win a series this year.
I'm a bit old school that I think the playoffs are a different level of hockey and it takes some (playoff) experience to get to the next level. But this team is exceeding everything I thought possible. I'm sure if we get to the playoffs I'll expect us to win and be very disappointed but if you guaranteed a first round win and a competitive 2nd round series I would take it right now.

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
Nice job by the boys to win while not playing well.

Damn, is the Metro about the best division in the NHL right now? We have won, what, 5 in a row. Philly has won 7 in a row. Rangers, Pens, and Caps rolling. Even the bottom teams playing some respectable hockey. Every team in the Metro is above .500.

What a season to be good, when the rest of our division is also good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad