GDT: Game 25 - 12/2/2022 - New York Rangers vs Ottawa Senators - 7pm EST, MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

WojtekWolski86

Nov 14, 2019
I can kinda live with the result in a vacuum. They scored on their breakaway and we didn't. That's hockey. We controlled the overtime.

I'm frustrated just because this team is so untalented. I don't get it. I do think people overrate the skill level of the roster (paging @DanielBrassard) but there are worse rosters than this that can play real hockey and have quality young players.

Something stinks and this particular issue is only worse since they nuked the front office and honestly since they fired Quinn.

Not that I'm advocating for Gorton or Quinn but this is going backwards.
I watch some of the puck movement the Devils have and that was the pre Covid Rangers. The difference in we had a cooked Hank, head case Georgie and Igor got in a car wreck. The lack of d system and circus in net led to back breakers but damn that team was fun to watch. They really lived up to the no quit.

Panarin hasn't been the same since the fake news story.

Ziba is either a dominant 2 way center all over the ice and unstoppable or he is an enigma.

Fox looks like DeAngelo in his own end. Like he seriously has regressed on his coverage and decision making.

Laf and Kaako are just don't make decisions fast enough. They have 2 seconds go shoot, always take 4.

Then Turk will have a post game and use his same cliches that surmount to the AV "had a few good looks" or Quinn's "play the right way"

gabevh3

Oct 13, 2005
Fox has been the only guy I’ve wanted as captain for 2 seasons now.. he’s going to be here a long long time and probably our best overall skater . Doesn’t mean he’s going to be a great leader but guess what Trouba ain’t either and he’s dog water compared to fox. Something’s gotta give
I'm guessing you mean shifty skater not best .

Unpredictable1

Jan 27, 2008
Alberta
200w.gif

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Chytil being exposed playing above his spot in the lineup. Still doesn't have the offensive IQ to play with a scorer BUT here we go again with panarin can't play with anyone not named strome. Unfortunately we now have two 3c's, one is making 2.3m ish and the other is making 5+m

Team is a mess all around. Anyone who questioned if turk is starting to feel the pinch should have no doubt right now.

Entire post game is about Igor and supporting him but you scored 2 or goals against the sens.

This team is in trouble like I've been saying for weeks

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008
Meh, they're all pressing. As a result, they've all started doing the things they do when they don't play within themselves. Fox overhandles the puck. Mika coasts and shoots without even so much as a head fake. Kakko and Laffy skate hard until the puck is on their stick and they're entering the zone, then suddenly they stop moving their legs and stay to the outside. They are so low on confidence right now it's crazy. I want both of them to attack the offensive zone with gusto, like Chytil. The thing with Kakko and Laffy, they have fantastic hands, they have strong vision and great size and if they just kept their feet moving and attacked the blue paint, they would force the D into lots of mistakes. Like how Tkachuk sees he's up against Panarin and just goes to the net with it.

BTW that OT goal against Shesty, that is clearly the book on him at this point. Sneak it through his legs as he pushes across laterally. There's been quite a few of those this year. Clearly the 2nd goal was such a quick turnover Shesty never got his positioning right. That deflection wasn't jaw dropping but that turnover and shot happened so quick Shesty was way off his line there. Could blame Trouba, but i mean i don't even mind what Trouba did there. Trying to chop it out quickly.

To sum up: not only are they fighting it in the O zone, they're go through stretches of the game where they give up their own blue paint. Couldn't really handle Tkachuk the whole night.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
Some of you saying tear it down, lol. Why, do we can sell ourselves short of a proper rebuild for some new 29 year olds who’ve never won anything?

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Panarin and Trouba's contracts are so bad. The money they are getting paid to be such insane liabilities literally every single game is just nuts.
We need a coaching staff that instills a system and accountabilty

This is not who Panarin was until recent. No more players coaches who let bad habits take hold, it becomes a major issue.

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008
One more thing, i might be wrong but this version of Trouba playing through his injury is really screwing up an already fragile team. Troubs is playing with a lack of composure, in addition to not being healthy, and that lack of composure is permeating the team a bit.

Reactions: Captain Lindy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad