GDT: Game 24 - New York Rangers @ Ottawa Senators - 7pm, MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
2D388126-E669-42A5-80A4-A133FC999596.jpeg

3AF42A58-C7C9-4C69-9EDC-11745986F494.jpeg

New York Rangers @ Ottawa Senators
7pm EST, MSG

909AF29B-0E27-4263-A998-DE2B0E134F19.jpeg
2675A663-AB44-4C98-A7DD-B101CD91AA82.jpeg

It’s game day!
E4D6B30F-A713-4965-A73B-84CE24185318.gif

Live look at Senators morning skate..
B365215F-C70F-44EB-B4C5-229ADDF5A015.gif

84D729C0-6F7B-4121-B861-C4864C8B1AED.png
Rangers Projected Line up

Chris Kreider -- Mika Zibanejad -- Jimmy Vesey
Artemi Panarin -- Filip Chytil -- Kaapo Kakko
Alexis Lafreniere -- Vincent Trocheck -- Vitali Kravtsov
Sammy Blais -- Barclay Goodrow -- Julien Gauthier

Ryan Lindgren -- Adam Fox
K'Andre Miller -- Braden Schneider
Zac Jones -- Jacob Trouba

Jaroslav Halak

Igor Shesterkin

Scratched: Ryan Carpenter, Libor Hajek
Injured: None

2C6F25D6-2CF0-4141-954B-EC3E3164F4F1.png

Senators Projected Line up

Brady Tkachuk -- Tim Stutzle -- Claude Giroux
Alex DeBrincat -- Shane Pinto -- Drake Batherson
Tyler Motte -- Derick Brassard -- Mathieu Joseph
Parker Kelly -- Mark Kastelic -- Austin Watson

Thomas Chabot -- Artem Zub
Jake Sanderson -- Travis Hamonic
Erik Brannstrom -- Nick Holden

Cam Talbot

Anton Forsberg

Scratched: Dylan Gambrell
Injured: Josh Norris (shoulder)

68622ED7-DE59-44E9-9637-43776ECB6EC5.jpeg

E5061D34-DD85-44D2-8FF1-9FBFC0E3B6A5.gif

Last edited:

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
I was going to go to this game but my younger bro who lives in Ottawa and was to provide the sleeping area after I said I would buy his ticket ....also told me to buy him the parking ticket or whtever it is called....so I pulled the plug on it . Talk about cheap ....his wife squeaks ....LOL....I guess they forgot about the free week they had at my cottage last Summer .....Family eh ? Oh well...Rangers playing terrible and I did not want to see another Ranger loss in person . It will be better just watching it on TV in all likelihood......4-1 Sens ....they always have our number it seems . Go Rangers Go !

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
This is going to sound preachy, but I don't care.

The only thing separating this team from the one this time last year is goaltending. A .935 Shesterkin lets in 32 goals as opposed to the 44 this .913 Shesterkin has. Halak has been just bad enough to lose every game.

Yes the PP is underperforming right now. But it's actually statistically right around where it was at this time last year.

The reality is that just like in 2015 we have a decent roster with some serious flaws. The type of flaws are different from that group, but each roster requires a goalie playing a Vezina finalist level in order for us to be serious cup contenders.

Goaltending matters. Philadelphia lost the cup finals in 2010 because, and only because, they had an AHL goalie at the helm. NYR can't win with league average goaltending, because we haven't drafted well enough or managed the cap well enough to have four line three pairing depth. That's just the reality.

Last edited:

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
First Rangers game ill be able to attend this season (besides Pre season in NY)

Looking forward to it but gotta get a W here

I was going to go to this game but my younger bro who lives in Ottawa and was to provide the sleeping area after I said I would buy his ticket ....also told me to buy him the parking ticket or whtever it is called....so I pulled the plug on it . Talk about cheap ....his wife squeaks ....LOL....I guess they forgot about the free week they had at my cottage last Summer .....Family eh ? Oh well...Rangers playing terrible and I did not want to see another Ranger loss in person . It will be better just watching it on TV in all likelihood......4-1 Sens ....they always have our number it seems . Go Rangers Go !

I just park in the Neighbourhood right down the road. Walk isnt that long

But i get your point

Reactions: leetch99

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
That's pretty weak of them. I'm guessing you really had bad vibes about going anyway. 20 or 30 bucks shouldnt be the "main reason" not to go, but yeah pretty squeaky. Maybe she didnt want her husband to go, because he inevitably would have spent money, right? lol. Your brother didnt "step up" to the plate now, did he? Sorry, people simply don't do the right things. After you opened your cottage then it should easily have been a favor in return. IMO

Reactions: leetch99

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida

The only thing separating this team from the one this time last year is goaltending. A .935 Shesterkin lets in 32 goals as opposed to the 44 this .913 Shesterkin has. Halak has been just bad enough to lose every game.

Yes the PP is underperforming right now. But it's actually statistically right around where it was at this time last year.

The reality is that just like in 2015 we have a decent roster with some serious flaws. The type of flaws are different from that group, but each roster requires a goalie playing a Vezina finalist level in order for us to be serious cup contenders.

Goaltending matters. Philadelphia lost the cup finals in 2010 because, and only because, they had an AHL goalie at the helm. NYR can't win with league average goaltending, because we haven't drafted well enough or managed the cap well enough to have four line three pairing depth. That's just the reality.
I cant remember specifically on your references but I am sure you are spot on with your sentiments.

It's a crying shame where we are now and how we are playing.

The kids seem like they are well on their way (Laf is kind of sucking though) but I am more terrified of that "losing mentality" and soft devil may care attitude creeping in, and it seems like GG is allowing this pathetic play. He has to do SOMETHING DRASTIC.

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
I did not care for Jimmy Veseys first rodeo with the NYR.

But then he left. Did some soul searching and changed his game to become a pretty good 4th liner. When we signed him I was actually happy to see this new Jimothy in a role we really needed.

Naturally he’s somehow been glued into our Top 6 and I wonder why god’s cruelty is punishing and unrelenting.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012

Goaltending hides the flaws. Which is we're not a good team. Keyword is team. We're not coached up. Our skills our dull.

There's so much that historically elite goaltending hides. It's a gift and a curse.

Reactions: CLW

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I did not care for Jimmy Veseys first rodeo with the NYR.

But then he left. Did some soul searching and changed his game to become a pretty good 4th liner. When we signed him I was actually happy to see this new Jimothy in a role we really needed.

Naturally he’s somehow been glued into our Top 6 and I wonder why god’s cruelty is punishing and unrelenting.

Issue as as some posters suggested, you have a reformed 4th liner with a middle 6 history, and coaches are when pressed into it going to try to see if they can rekindle some of his old offense.

It hasn't worked.

Reactions: Bob Richards

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
You can't pick your family.

The roster got much better at last year's trade deadline. Will probably happen, again.

Reactions: leetch99 and Fitzy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad