Pre-Game Talk: Game #23 Dec. 7 Toronto @ Ottawa - Pre Game discussion.

D00bis

Jan 15, 2019
Deff the making of a sleepy leaf yeam outta the gate hope it’s not the case tho

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I find it very hard to cheer for this group. Just very lazy, and entitled. I don't think a new coach is going to fix anything. I will cut Keefe some slack.

Maybe the song Reaves selected during the drill just didn't vibe with the team and they stopped working.

Reactions: Niagara Bill

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Maybe the song Reaves selected during the drill just didn't vibe with the team and they stopped working.

Could be that he was trying to teach the team his signature defensive zone exercise where he stands in the middle of the other team passing the puck and shifts his weight like he’s about to skate at them but instead just continues to stand still and shift his weight in the general direction of the puck. To Keefe’s untrained eye it might look like that’s the players not doing anything and being lazy.

Reactions: Niagara Bill

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
I find it very hard to cheer for this group. Just very lazy, and entitled. I don't think a new coach is going to fix anything. I will cut Keefe some slack.
This has been an issue for a long time. It’s a core problem that needs to be looked into deeper. People aren’t going to like it but since the Babcock days this has been a problem and you need to ask what has stayed the same since that time.

Hate Babcock all you want but what he was preaching and trying to teach these guys is still what we are hoping they learn and develop.

Reactions: egd27

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
Same here. I'm looking forward to the end of this core and a fresh start. I was so excited 5-6 years ago but they've since drained all the hope away. It's not even that I don't like them it's that i have zero faith in them to man up when the going gets tough. As a person who never rolls over and plays dead it's disheartening to watch them do it, especially knowing there is a strong possibility that there could be another 6-8 years of hopelessness if we stick with them.

diehardleafsfan9878

Mar 9, 2015
I don't disagree that Robby should be out there, but I personally think Knies is wasted at the net front. I'd run a 2-2-1 on the second unit. Timmons and Domi at the top, with Knies and Robby on the dots, with Bert at the net. I'd have the weak side "D" rotate through the middle of the ice. The Leafs suck at using the bumper. By having players skating through the middle, it's going to cause havoc in front. Might lead to a lot of shorthanded chances against though.

myleafs

May 25, 2021
This has been an issue for a long time. It’s a core problem that needs to be looked into deeper. People aren’t going to like it but since the Babcock days this has been a problem and you need to ask what has stayed the same since that time.

Hate Babcock all you want but what he was preaching and trying to teach these guys is still what we are hoping they learn and develop.
150 stretch passes a game is what Babs was good for....and oh yea it was Marleau's turn when asked why the big boys were not on the ice in the last couple minutes of a playoff game will be one of my fave Bab lines forever.

Enniskillen

Jan 16, 2021
Same here. I'm looking forward to the end of this core and a fresh start. I was so excited 5-6 years ago but they've since drained all the hope away. It's not even that I don't like them it's that i have zero faith in them to man up when the going gets tough. As a person who never rolls over and plays dead it's disheartening to watch them do it, especially knowing there is a strong possibility that there could be another 6-8 years of hopelessness if we stick with them.
Spot on. Let these losers go, they are only good as supporting players, not leaders fighting tooth and nail to win in playoffs.

Reactions: PROUD PAPA

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017

We improved defensively overnight by a good margin the day he left. I don’t understand the obsession with a guy who’s gotten past the 2nd round once since 2009. There’s plenty of hard nosed tough coaches who actually understand defense and aren’t perennial losers without a top 5 defenseman of all time + 2 Selke contenders to cover up their absurd defensive schemes.

LeafsFan89

Jan 2, 2011
Yep... tomorrows game is gonna suck isn't it

I think it further proves that this core just doesn't care or have it. Change all the coaches you want (it would be a third coach with this core if you do), it's the core that's rotten.

I have never question the commitment of any Leafs team ever... until this core for the last 5-6 years.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
I think it further proves that this core just doesn't care or have it. Change all the coaches you want (it would be a third coach with this core if you do), it's the core that's rotten.

I have never question the commitment of any Leafs team ever... until this core for the last 5-6 years.
Because of their performance in a random practice?

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
The coaching staff whom ever that may be needs to start benching or making some of these guys healthy scratches

Reactions: Suntouchable13

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad