GDT: Game 23: Coyotes @ Maple Leafs - 5PM - FSAZ

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
They played a solid game and a win was deserved.

1. 1st period was great
2. They were able to sustain pressure and have confidence with the puck
3. Some uncalled penalties (like the Keller mini-breakaway trip) but it balanced out with the challenge reversal

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
Coyotes have definitely stepped up. Not too many passes to no one, not too many passes directly to the other team, not too many players out of position leaving big openings, solid goaltending, not too much coasting, etc..

ParisSaintGermain

Jan 19, 2004
Best part is that there is very little to argue with this 4-1 win. We played a really good game and made it very hard for the Leafs to get anything going aside for two minutes late in the third.

I thought Fischer, OEL and Keller were tremendous.

GQS

Aug 2, 2005
Shouldn't count, just because you shouldn't encourage players to stick the goalie like that, even though realistically Raanta got back in position

That looked like an accidental stick into Raanta after Hyman got pushed abit into him by two Yotes players and it wasn't even anything that major. Didn't affect his ability to get back into position to try and make the save on the Matthews shots. Sucks that stuff like this is so subjective and can suck the excitement out of a game. :(

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
wow this is fun haha, understand the leafs fans feeling screwed though
I think it was an either way call, though Hyman was an idiot for having his stick there, like, what possible good is it going to do other than push the goaltender?

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
That looked like an accidental stick into Raanta after Hyman got pushed abit into him by two Yotes players and it wasn't even anything that major. Didn't affect his ability to get back into position to try and make the save on the Matthews shots. Sucks that stuff like this is so subjective and can suck the excitement out of a game. :(

Players are responsible for their stick, same as a high sticking penalty. Not a fun way to have a goal taken away but I prefer consistency.

Reactions: Sthlmyote

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
1) Good call to wave off the goal.
2) Hyman should have gotten a penalty.
3) Martinook should have gotten a penalty for running Andersen, too.
4) Domi!

I was actually asking the same thing - if the referee states 'goalie intearference' in the explanation... doesn't that mean that a penalty is involved. Pardon my stupidity or ignorance, but is tha?t because they called it a goal on the ice and then went to video review, you can't use review to determine a penalty?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad