GDT: Game 22: 11/28, Anaheim Ducks @ Vancouver Canucks , 7pm PT, BSSC

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
after witnesses two 8-2 shellacking, I'll take a game like this to show improvement.
I would have said the same thing except for the disgusting selfish play by Gibby. During his time here he has managed to show up teammates on the ice multiple times, mail it in all season long for multiple seasons because he didn’t have a “good” team in front of him and tonight once again put his anger issues ahead of the team. f*** this guy. Trade him for a bag of pucks and I’ll personally drive him as far east as the eastern most NHL team. He isn’t the kind of vet the young guys need around them.

• Haha
Reactions: dracom

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
I would have said the same thing except for the disgusting selfish play by Gibby. During his time here he has managed to show up teammates on the ice multiple times, mail it in all season long for multiple seasons because he didn’t have a “good” team in front of him and tonight once again put his anger issues ahead of the team. f*** this guy. Trade him for a bag of pucks and I’ll personally drive him as far east as the eastern most NHL team. He isn’t the kind of vet the young guys need around them.
Im starting to think there might be some shit happening in the locker room... Something does not seem right...

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal

Three points

1. There's someone on this board that can cite contact with a goalie in the paint is goalie interference.

2. Bad forward defense. Mac allowing forwards to skate behind the net for a wraparound is bad defense. Mac let this happen twice. Although the game ended 3-1, only 2 goals were allowed by Gibby. The first goal given up was due to Mac cheating up high.

3. No goal support for Gibby. We scored 1 goal. If we scored a second goal, then we earn a point.

snowave

Jan 7, 2012
Idaho
I thought we were playing a pretty good game until I realized Vancouver was just laying down for a nap in the 2nd... And woke up for the 3rd.

PS killorn sucks bad. Dude got his check and is mailing it in.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Three points

1. There's someone on this board that can cite contact with a goalie in the paint is goalie interference.

2. Bad forward defense. Mac allowing forwards to skate behind the net for a wraparound is bad defense. Mac let this happen twice. Although the game ended 3-1, only 2 goals were allowed by Gibby. The first goal given up was due to Mac cheating up high.

3. No goal support for Gibby. We scored 1 goal. If we scored a second goal, then we earn a point.
None of which excuse his horseshit attitude and behavior on the ice.

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
I thought we were playing a pretty good game until I realized Vancouver was just laying down for a nap in the 2nd... And woke up for the 3rd.

PS killorn sucks bad. Dude got his check and is mailing it in.
Killhorn needs some skill to work with..

alsmiss94

Oct 26, 2022
Can't score for shit. Same song and dance every game.

This is the result of not drafting any impact forwards for years now outside of high first round picks (Z, Mason, Leo) on top of non-impactful forward acquisitions. Strome, McGinn are both blah. I have hope for Killorn but so far he's sucked. Vatrano has been good for what he is.

Also Terry being hot garbage this season. Hopefully Z gets back and brings something.

Gibson is a dumbass but honestly I don't really care what the goals look like when he gives up two and this pathetic offense only scores one. Again. You don't win games scoring one goal.

Defense was better so there's that I guess.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Can't score for shit. Same song and dance every game.

This is the result of not drafting any impact forwards for years now outside of high first round picks (Z, Mason, Leo) on top of non-impactful forward acquisitions. Strome, McGinn are both blah. I have hope for Killorn but so far he's sucked. Vatrano has been good for what he is.

Also Terry being hot garbage this season. Hopefully Z gets back and brings something.

Gibson is a dumbass but honestly I don't really care what the goals look like when he gives up two and this pathetic offense only scores one. Again. You don't win games scoring one goal.

Defense was better so there's that I guess.
Gibson was good last night and has been pretty much all season, his best season in a long while. People freaking out over that play need to calm down reading all kinds of shit into it.

FiveHoleTickler

Sponsor
Sep 21, 2018
True.
As a reward, we get to play Washington, then Colorado again.
Then Colorado again.

Sidenote: There are some really unhinged comments in this thread...

Welp Awkward GIF - Welp Awkward Umm - Discover & Share GIFs

Reactions: Ducks DVM

70sSanO

Apr 21, 2015
Mission Viejo, CA
Hopefully Z gets back and brings something.
This is probably the best possible scenario for Zegras. The team is playing so bad offensively that he could come back and be a real offensive spark for the team. Z wants to get paid, well the table is set for him to swoop in and be that guy.

It will be interesting to see if Cronin will still push the defensive game or just going to let Zegras be Zegras. I'm hoping Cronin tells him to just go play and get points.

John

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
It's almost like we need our 2 top line forwards and top pairing defenseman.

Thought they played well. Just couldn’t finish. Terry looked much better , Killorn is still bad.

We get Leo and Z back in the line up, going to see the GF improve.

Special teams continue to be strong.

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
He was set up repeatedly in the last two games. This is not the excuse you’re looking for…
No excuses... Im not denying hes struggling.. He looks slow.. Just refuse to write him off as of yet.. Hes hustling but a 34 year old can only hustle so much.. No doubt we overpaid for him..

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
No excuses... Im not denying hes struggling.. He looks slow.. Just refuse to write him off as of yet.. Hes hustling but a 34 year old can only hustle so much.. No doubt we overpaid for him..

It was clear from the beginning we overpaid for him, he's put himself in good spots and got his chances we just need some finish.

Reactions: SmokeyDuck

12ozPapa

Make space for The Papa
Feb 13, 2012
Zegras needs to just be let go. Go score, get points, that’s what you excel at so do it. I recall Teemu mentioning how Carlyle preached defense first to everyone, but that doesn’t make sense when it just isn’t part of the player’s attributes. Play to their strengths is my point, I suppose

Reactions: 70sSanO

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad