GDT: Game 21 | Vegas @ Columbus | 7 PM EST

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Jul 13, 2022
Finland
Vegas is #3 in overall standings... not exactly expecting a win here tonight. But if Johnny is out, man oh man do I wanna see where Johnson slots in. Still on the 3rd line? ...

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Jul 13, 2022
Finland
I don’t believe I’ve heard Billy Sweezey name before
It's been thrown around lately a few times but don't think I heard it before this season either. He played in Cleveland last year too, attended training camp this year but was probably among the first cuts (don't remember him standing out or anybody writing about him here). 26 years old, so not sure if there's much upside left, more of a true depth piece at this point I guess.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Sweezey came here last season. He played well enough for Columbus to give him a contract. Basically a depth call up in case of a lot of injuries, like now. He has become kind of a favorite here because he likes to hit people and isn't afraid to drop the gloves. Plus, he seems like a likeable guy. Played college hockey at Yale, and was ECAC All-Academic all four years.

ColumbusTrill

Mar 15, 2021
Sweezey came here last season. He played well enough for Columbus to give him a contract. Basically a depth call up in case of a lot of injuries, like now. He has become kind of a favorite here because he likes to hit people and isn't afraid to drop the gloves. Plus, he seems like a likeable guy. Played college hockey at Yale, and was ECAC All-Academic all four years.

ColumbusTrill

Mar 15, 2021
I didn't think I'd be saying this, especially this early in the year, but I'm sad that Olivier is a scratch. I hope it's not performance based

Edit: It is an illness

Last edited:
Reactions: MAHJ71

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Super cringe when opposing team fans feel the need to do their special anthem yells in away arenas.

Reactions: Fro

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Sounds like we are fully embracing the tank.

I feel like the team has lit my season ticket money on fire right in front of my eyes.
Got season tickets for the second time this past season (first time living out of state) and thought it would be worth driving into town a few times throughout the season...

Costs $100 just to drive to town and back (+food+Uber to and fro) and it's just not worth it this season. We just ended up selling most of our games(definitely didn't get what they were worth) but we're just gonna use our credit to upgrade our seats so at least the games we go to will at least be somewhat enjoyable.

Last edited:

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Jul 13, 2022
Finland
This dislodging net issue needs to be solved at the league level. It's getting ridiculous and it doesn't seem to be the goalies' fault as such. First this season at Nationwide though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad