PGT: Game 20: United States 4 - Finland 1

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Didn't see the whole game but what I saw was garbage again.

How can they be that bad at shooting, if it didn't hit the USA player the shot went wide, constantly.
Had a bad feeling about it on the 1st and what a surprise they lose.

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
Gratz USA! Well deserved.

Just watched the game and the Finnish coach Ahokas pretty much handed it over. I have no frigging clue why he just would not play our top lines enough, especially the second line with Tolvanen and Kakko. Almost as if the entire ice time was spread evenly across the team. Couldn't find statistics with player ice times to check it up though. Anyway, what an idiot, but then again, he really is a bad coach and the odds for this team to make it past Canada are almost zero. With another coach we'd at least stand a chance.

pigpen65

Jul 25, 2011
Hopefully that idiot ref who waved off Finland's tying goal is done for the tournament. Would hate to see another one of those POS calls end up in one of the finals.

TakeTheBody

Jan 10, 2018
The Finns played a lot like Team Canada last night. Team USA played their best game of the tourney and the Finnish goalie played his worst. GO USA!!!! But i'm leery...lol

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
DVR'd the game and watched this morning.

First time all tournament they looked like a unit. Farabee and Madden were fantastic.

Samuelsson still horrific. No business being on this team.

Reactions: Devonator

Thebesthockey

Aug 6, 2013
DVR'd the game and watched this morning.

First time all tournament they looked like a unit. Farabee and Madden were fantastic.

Samuelsson still horrific. No business being on this team.

USA coach finally realized to play his mostly his 19 year olds and thats the result you get

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
How in earth we can lose like that with that roster?
No. How can every game be so tired looking.
Ahokas is gone soon...
The Finnish goalie leaked goals all night long. Especially the 2nd and 3rd goals just went straight through him. But, it's not like the rest of the team did much more.

MeHateHe

Dec 24, 2006
Can someone explain why the fans are pulling so hard against the US?
I think “pulling so hard” is overstating things. Yeah, we in Victoria have been cheering against whoever the US is playing, but I don’t think anyone has been particularly upset when the US has won, and even though we were largely supporting the Swedes on Friday, I think just about everyone in the building applauded when the US tied it up, because we appreciated the effort and grit. You have to cheer for someone and it’s more fun to cheer for the underdog, which happened all week; we pretty much adopted the Kazakhs, precisely because they were terrible. Yeah, Canadians see the US win at a lot of sports, so we naturally assume they’re the favourites and cheer against them.
Why does it bother you guys so much?

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Gratz USA! Well deserved.

Just watched the game and the Finnish coach Ahokas pretty much handed it over. I have no frigging clue why he just would not play our top lines enough, especially the second line with Tolvanen and Kakko. Almost as if the entire ice time was spread evenly across the team. Couldn't find statistics with player ice times to check it up though. Anyway, what an idiot, but then again, he really is a bad coach and the odds for this team to make it past Canada are almost zero. With another coach we'd at least stand a chance.
Have you seen Canada play yet? you've got at least a solid 50-50 chance with the way they have played so far.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Have you seen Canada play yet? you've got at least a solid 50-50 chance with the way they have played so far.

I don't know what to expect for Canada vs Finland quarterfinal.
But i'm sure for that Canada wants pay back that 2-5 loss in last pre tournament game so Canada is the favorite.

Also home crowds support will be huge confidence boost for Canada like it was for Finland in Helsinki 2016.
Best team goes to semifinal and loser goes home it's that simple.

Guys like Heponiemi, Kupari, Tolvanen needs to step up NOW not later.
Kakko, Heinola and Lundell can't do all by themselves as good prospects they are.

It's kinda sad when 3, 2001 born players ( Kakko, Lundell and Heinola) who are double underage players needs to lead team and show example.

Reactions: CLW

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
I don't know what to expect for Canada vs Finland quarterfinal.
But i'm sure for that Canada wants pay back that 2-5 loss in last pre tournament game so Canada is the favorite.

Also home crowds support will be huge confidence boost for Canada like it was for Finland in Helsinki 2016.
Best team goes to semifinal and loser goes home it's that simple.

Guys like Heponiemi, Kupari, Tolvanen needs to step up NOW not later.
Kakko, Heinola and Lundell can't do all by themselves as good prospects they are.

It's kinda sad when 3, 2001 born players ( Kakko, Lundell and Heinola) who are double underage players needs to lead team and show example.
I am not sure what to expect either in that game, i sure hope you are right about home crowd support being a boon to our team for that game because I actually suspect it has made them far too nervous so far.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
I am not sure what to expect either in that game, i sure hope you are right about home crowd support being a boon to our team for that game because I actually suspect it has made them far too nervous so far.

Difference between Team Canada 2016 and Team Canada 2019 is that this year you guys don't have shaky Blackwood in net allowing easy and soft goals and Jake Virtanen taking stupid penalties.

Canada is still best team in the tournament even they have lose one game.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Difference between Team Canada 2016 and Team Canada 2019 is that this year you guys don't have shaky Blackwood in net allowing easy and soft goals and Jake Virtanen taking stupid penalties.

Canada is still best team on tournament even they have lose one game.
We haven't played like the best team in the tournament at all yet.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Really?
What game details and areas have been biggest problems in Canada's game?
Is it goaltending again or stupid penalties or something else alarming
Decisions with the puck, soft play at both ends, inability to be dangerous on the p.p, lackluster p.k................I could go on but will leave it at that.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Great Britain vs Finland
    Great Britain vs Finland
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $400.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Event closes
    • Updated: