GDT: Game 20: Stars @ Avs | Wed, 11/22/17, 7pm MT | Stars Edition...

What Are You Thankful For?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Deep in our hearts we all do. Even if some people claim something else every now and then.

Yakupov has played exponentially better in recent games since that horrible giveaway in that game against Vegas.

He works hard and as long as he's not costing you with low percentage, risky plays, I think he has his place in the lineup.

He should really be lined up on the right side on the PP though and used more that way where he's letting it go. He has a bomb of a shot and it seems pretty accurate as well.

Reactions: Murzu

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York
Sea Eagles is a positive person. He is just like me. Someone on here even quoted my post saying that I am his brother. Duchene had to be traded and hopefully Sea Eagles understands it. Sakic is making moves that is making this team better. Younger and faster.

Reactions: AdrianTheMagician

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York
Yakupov has played exponentially better in recent games since that horrible giveaway in that game against Vegas.

He works hard and as long as he's not costing you with low percentage, risky plays, I think he has his place in the lineup.

He should really be lined up on the right side on the PP though and used more that way where he's letting it go. He has a bomb of a shot and it seems pretty accurate as well.

I have not read the scouting reports of Yakupov when he was drafted but the 1st thing I noticed is Yakupov's shot. Like you say, fast and pretty accurate and I mentioned before, probably one of the best shots from all current Avs roster.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I thought it was one of Girards better games. He was very good defensively and his imagination on the ice is unique. You have to be able to see the game and think it at a high level to do the things he does.

Still a lot to learn and he could push the pace even more.

Reactions: tigervixxxen

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York
If Z keeps playing well I think we could stay in the playoff mix which would be awesome

Yep, i don't wont to say a playoff team this season, but if they are in the mix, play hard every game and try their best then that is a very good thing for this organization. Instead of everyone playing poorly, finishing bottom 5 and then hoping for the best lottery outcome.
With winning, there will also be a better chance to attract better players.
Zadorov needs to be put in and given as many minutes as possible. He has many tools but not the toolbox yet to be considered a top 4dman and if he continues to play good hockey for us, I want Sakic to give a Nashille type of long term contract for him, maybe a 6-7 year, 3 to 4M deal, if Z agrees.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Z has put together a few good games now. Bednar putting him out there with EJ late to protect the lead. If Girard is going to stick with EJ, and as of now I see no reason for him not to, then we really need Z to be an anchor on that second pairing.

I wonder if Girard's presence helps Z indirectly. I don't know if Z felt some pressure to become that 1st pairing LHD but if so, a shiny new toy getting all the attention might actually help him.

Postanin CB Ting

Apr 6, 2012
Very pleased some ppl have changed their mind on trading Z. Props to those who stuck with him and thought a trade was foolish. Him and Sam will be our EJ and Barrie in 4 years.
Biggy.. I am down to trade - with Lindholm, Nemeth, 2018 pick, Miro. None of them bring what Zads can but all will compete for bottom minutes.
Can't see Buffalo, Calgary, Or the Isles giving them up but Biggy + for either Luukkonen - Parsons - Soderstrom would be cool with me. This year AHL sucks for goalie development.. Doubt Martin plus one of those goalies, plus St. Louis' would work out very well.

Sign Yak to 3 years while we're at it please!

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Sign Yak to 3 years while we're at it please!

SadRoyFace.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad