GDT: Game 20 : Isles at Leafs Monday Nov 21: 7:30 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
I hear somebody is giving Keefe 20 games. So ya, big game.

Leafs start a brutal week, 5 games in 7 days with the last 4 on the road. (Isles, Devils, Wild, Penguins, Wings,

No lottery teams, but no world beaters either. Need some good road games and continue the good D game from Saturday. Will need a backup goalie game or 2 so hopefully Samsonov is ready by mid week.

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
Yup getting Samsonov back would be a big relief.
7 out of 10 points would sure be nice.
Seeing only 1 regulation loss in the last 10 is pretty good and a little surprising.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Wonder if Kallgren gets this one(assuming Samsonov isn’t ready).

Murray could be given some load management and the leafs usually start backups against the islanders for some reason lol Sparks, Woll, Hutchinson…

Nhlpowerweek

Senor
Oct 5, 2022
Leafs hate Mondays, especially at home. I mean I hate them too. But need to start the week off without a snooze.
With this type of non thuggish team its real difficult to win these types of monday gezames
No fights or hits... something special would be needed. Lou's isles always bring exactly that. So yeah, they actuallu have an advantage in this one. We might score some.. but thats the only thing we do beside D and goalie game. How special.

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
Barzal has 0 goals…

Whoever’s in net should not be expecting a shutout, whether it’s a breakaway or a shot hitting his ass, barzal is scoring

Hope the big 4 can keep their play up, Matthews getting a goal or two would be nice

Reactions: Burnie97

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Wonder if Kallgren gets this one(assuming Samsonov isn’t ready).

Murray could be given some load management and the leafs usually start backups against the islanders for some reason lol Sparks, Woll, Hutchinson…

Hope not he's awful

Barzal has 0 goals…

Whoever’s in net should not be expecting a shutout, whether it’s a breakaway or a shot hitting his ass, barzal is scoring

Hope the big 4 can keep their play up, Matthews getting a goal or two would be nice

He has 2 now

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada

Sucks but I get it with Murray coming off injury. Kallgren has held them in well enough considering everything but I hope it's his last game for the Leafs this season. Be nice to have Sammy back soon.

Brad C

Jul 12, 2021
Yup getting Samsonov back would be a big relief.
7 out of 10 points would sure be nice.
Seeing only 1 regulation loss in the last 10 is pretty good and a little surprising.
I think they will get 7.of 10 if not more

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
Kallgren again o_O

no-please.gif

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022
Oof, this could get ugly. 4th best goalie in the org + our softest line up. I'm sure we will get Sorokin, too.

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
Some of you are drama queens. I love how the game hasn't even started and it's woe is me. Guess what. The Leafs won games with Hutch and Kallgren in net over the years. Ya, not all of them and not the majority, but some of you act like it's just a guaranteed loss like those goalies have never won and will never win a game.

Kallgren is not ideal, but if it means it's too early for Samsonov to be back and load managing Murray after playing 3 straight coming off injury, well then it is what it is. Guess what, the game could still be won.

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
It makes sense to not overwork Murray, especially with a busy schedule coming up

But I must say....I'm not looking forward to Kallgren

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
Boston's next 9 opponents

TB x2
Florida
Carolina
Colorado x2
VGK x2
Arizona

This is about as brutal a stretch as you can get. We have a ton of games coming up, but huge opportunity to take advantage starting tonight

Reactions: Blanche Blanche

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
It makes sense to not overwork Murray, especially with a busy schedule coming up

But I must say....I'm not looking forward to Kallgren
Sounds more like they aren't confident Samsonov will be back this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad