GDT: Game 20 | Islanders @ Columbus | 8 PM EST

GoJackets1

Someday.
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
Joke of an end there.

Too bad Johnny couldn’t bury that one, Isles came out on the better end of the luck there.

Plus a bit more weird defense from us…

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
I fell asleep, so I only saw part of the third period, "Christiansen's" goal. How did they play?

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Ready to be done with Nyquist, he’s such a mediocre player.

How is that different from anyone in front of him?
As to Gus, he’s still makes smart, competent plays but he’s no first line player who should get the minutes Lars plays him. He’s just not the scoring threat you need on the first line. I still expect him to be traded but his role needs adjusted - even with the depleted roster.

Reactions: CBJx614

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
That game is on Larsen … once again KJ an absolute game changer .. gets 12 min.... Nyquist with over 21 min, continues to be a boat anchor … Kuraly and Robinson continue to get 2nd line minutes .. Oh well … one step closer to the tank ..

Reactions: Toe Pick and Fro

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
As to Gus, he’s still makes smart, competent plays but he’s no first line player who should get the minutes Lars plays him. He’s just not the scoring threat you need on the first line. I still expect him to be traded but his role needs adjusted - even with the depleted roster.
Yup.. no way in hades he should be playing 21 min ..

Reactions: JacketFanInFL

ColumbusTrill

Mar 15, 2021
Not rooting for losses but I'm fine with ones like this. Team is playing better structurally. Hope Lars maximizes the lines soon tho. Give Chinny and KJ T6 minutes. They've earned it.

Bjork has potential to stick around. He looks so much more comfortable on the man advantage than his first few in that spot. Physical and solid at exits

I3LI3

Jan 9, 2021
Columbus, OH
Kent Johnson is good enough to be the 6th man on the ice, but not good enough to eclipse 13 minutes in ice time.

this has to be one of the worst takes i’ve seen in my entire life on HF boards. (8+ years)

I’ll remind you about my earlier post, with 2 points tonight he now is at 11 points on the season which heading into tonight would’ve been good for second among all rookies in scoring despite playing an absurdly low amount of ice time per game.

if anything he deserves MORE minutes as he continues to develop into one of the finer young guns in the league.

so yeah, entirely disagree with your take that he shouldn’t play more than 13 minutes a night.

yuck.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
That game is on Larsen … once again KJ an absolute game changer .. gets 12 min.... Nyquist with over 21 min, continues to be a boat anchor … Kuraly and Robinson continue to get 2nd line minutes .. Oh well … one step closer to the tank ..
I understand why Lars likes the Kuraly line. They are a nice 4th line who in some games work well as a 3rd line. But playing them as your second line is indeed a non-winning tactic. It’s coaching defensively - not to be confused with using a defensive line.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
this has to be one of the worst takes i’ve seen in my entire life on HF boards. (8+ years)

I’ll remind you about my earlier post, with 2 points tonight he now is at 11 points on the season which heading into tonight would’ve been good for second among all rookies in scoring despite playing an absurdly low amount of ice time per game.

if anything he deserves MORE minutes as he continues to develop into one of the finer young guns in the league.

so yeah, entirely disagree with your take that he shouldn’t play more than 13 minutes a night.

yuck.
Oh crap. I thought that post was sarcasm. Now that I read it again, maybe it wasn't?

Reactions: I3LI3

ColumbusTrill

Mar 15, 2021

yuck.

he's saying Lars' decision make no sense

JacketFanInFL

Brick by Brick
Mar 27, 2006
Central FL

yuck.
Read my post(s) again over-reacty. He should be playing 18 minutes per night. It’s baffling that Lars trusts him to be the 6th man, but refuses to play him more - especially given the injuries.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad