GDT: Game 20 | Detroit Red Wings @ Los Angeles Kings | 10:00 PM EST | FS-D, NBCSN, TSN2

Status
Not open for further replies.

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
Officiating was bad but think about this;

You aren't going anywhere when Cleary and Abdlekader are Datsyuk's linemates. Just imagine how Datsyuk must feel that he has to pass to them knowing they will inevitably cough up the puck. If Holland and Babcock want Datsyuk to continue to play in Detroit they have to step back and realign their priorities. How can Datsyuk justify staying here when he has to play with guys on his line that would barely crack .5 ppg in the AHL?

It may be time to consider looking at a new coach when Babcock's contract is up. He is as good as any but it might be time for a breath of fresh air.

If you care to go back and search I said Tatar and Nyquist on Datsyuk's line would be very appealing to see. I don't care if it'd be a small line, at least Datsyuk would know they aren't going to turn the puck over every time he passes it to them and they can create offense themselves.

*edit* I know Datsyuk has stated that he likes playing with bigger players but Bertuzzi isn't coming back and Franzen is about as useful as a diet for Honey Boo Boo

Last edited:

aar000n

Oct 16, 2006
Officiating was bad but think about this;

You aren't going anywhere when Cleary and Abdlekader are Datsyuk's linemates. Just imagine how Datsyuk must feel that he has to pass to them knowing they will inevitably cough up the puck. If Holland and Babcock want Datsyuk to continue to play in Detroit they have to step back and realign their priorities. How can Datsyuk justify staying here when he has to play with guys on his line that would barely crack .5 ppg in the AHL?

It may be time to consider looking at a new coach when Babcock's contract is up. He is as good as any but it might be time for a breath of fresh air.

If you care to go back and search I said Tatar and Nyquist on Datsyuk's line would be very appealing to see. I don't care if it'd be a small line, at least Datsyuk would know they aren't going to turn the puck over every time he passes it to them and they can create offense themselves.

at one point quincy was on the ice with dats. Cleary and Abdlekader and quincy talk about being surrounded by fail. :shakehead

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
Did anyone miss Ian White? I'm indifferent, don't think it really mattered. 1st round draft pick would be nice though. Maybe a 2nd, that is probably realistic.

RedWingsNow*

We have played tons home game and now we have to play road games. We were not good on the road last year, nor have we been good on the road this season so far.
Babcock has to figure out how to win road games.

I am really pissed off and disappointed Babcock doesn't see he has to give a shot with Tatar play on Dastyuk's wing. The big problem with the Abby-D-Cleary line is that those 2 do not know how to get open and then Datsyuk can't pass the puck to them. If Babcock thinks they are good on the boards, fine, but Datsyuk has to pass the puck to someone. It is too easy for opponents to key on on Dastsyk.

The truth is, they suck on the boards. They're useful as grinders because they make defense work. They battle. But the problem is THEY LOSE BATTLES too often.

They go into the get the puck, they don't come out with the puck. It's frustrating.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
The truth is, they suck on the boards. They're useful as grinders because they make defense work. They battle. But the problem is THEY LOSE BATTLES too often.

They go into the get the puck, they don't come out with the puck. It's frustrating.

What will it take for Babcock to play Tatar on Datsyuk's wing? We've been calling for that for many games now. It is overdue.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
What will it take for Babcock to play Tatar on Datsyuk's wing? We've been calling for that for many games now. It is overdue.

Like I stated earlier, when Cleary missed a shift getting his cut cleaned, it was Eaves that took his place.

When asked about Tatar after the Nashville or Vancouver game, Babcock made comments like "he's got to get stronger on his stick" and "learn to play without the puck."

Those types of comments alone should say it all. He doesn't trust him, which is frustrating because the kid is clearly one of the better forwards out there the past 2 weeks.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Like I stated earlier, when Cleary missed a shift getting his cut cleaned, it was Eaves that took his place.

When asked about Tatar after the Nashville or Vancouver game, Babcock made comments like "he's got to get stronger on his stick" and "learn to play without the puck."

Those types of comments alone should say it all. He doesn't trust him, which is frustrating because the kid is clearly one of the better forwards out there the past 2 weeks.

There were 2 plays I noticed in the 2nd period where the Kings were pushing and we were on our heels and needed badly to turn the tide.
1 was a great play by Dastyuk to get the puck in the offesnive zone and
2 was by Tatar to do the same.

We simply need/needed to turn the momentum and the players who I would turn to would be Dastyuk and Tatar on the same line. Babcock has to play Tatar on Dastyuk's wing, otherwise we will keep losing games.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
The hit abby made, the kings player turned and put his back to the hit.

Then Abdelkader makes the mistake of cuddling the man's back, to hold him and apologize. Classy but damn man get into the play and act like nothing happened, it may not even be a penalty.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
Ummm may be you need to upgrade to high-def video? Datsyuk does not have a bad game.

He had a bad clearing attempt on a PK, which led to him taking his first minor penalty.

Then he had his faceoff violation that led to another 5-on-3.

Outside of those two plays he wasn't bad at all. He created a couple of our best scoring chances and kept his line out of the defensive zone all game.

He could really benefit by one winger who had offensive instincts, which is why everybody except Babcock wants to see Tatar on that line. One of Cleary/Abdelkader is fine for now while we're still injured, but both of them is going to quickly run its course.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
He had a bad clearing attempt on a PK, which led to him taking his first minor penalty.

Outside of those two plays he wasn't bad at all. He created a couple of our best scoring chances and kept his line out of the defensive zone all game.

He could really benefit by one winger who had offensive instincts, which is why everybody except Babcock wants to see Tatar on that line. One of Cleary/Abdelkader is fine for now while we're still injured, but both of them is going to quickly run its course.

We are definitely all on the same page there and with this much collective intention we might see a change. I think even casual hockey fans cringe in embarrassment at that line. But Dats as the personality he is probably likes the challenge or humor in it all. It doesn't effect his effort.

At some point each season I reinitiate myself as a Datsyuk devotee. To me night in and out he is tight now the best player on the ice. Every shift, every touch of the puck. The strength, stickhandling, did I mention raw STRENGTH! is the highest. Kopitar I will give 2nd star this game, he made some nice plays to stay with Datsyuk.

My point is he is the LAST person that needs criticism.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway

We are definitely all on the same page there and with this much collective intention we might see a change. I think even casual hockey fans cringe in embarrassment at that line. But Dats as the personality he is probably likes the challenge or humor in it all. It doesn't effect his effort.

At some point each season I reinitiate myself as a Datsyuk devotee. To me night in and out he is tight now the best player on the ice. Every shift, every touch of the puck. The strength, stickhandling, did I mention raw STRENGTH! is the highest. Kopitar I will give 2nd star this game, he made some nice plays to stay with Datsyuk.

My point is he is the LAST person that needs criticism.

It seems to me that the most posters here on this board are so eager to see what Tatar can do on Dastyuk's wing. It has been several games we've been calling to see it. Babcock is so strange.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland

Yeah, as one example, he made an incrediable pass to Brunner 4 second before the end, but Brunner missed to hit the god damn puck. :(

JPE123

Jan 23, 2013
Cleary and Abby have no idea how to get open for a feed from Pavs. If they do happen by chance to be open they can't handle his passes. It's really frustrating to watch. Pavs needs a skilled player to work with and a big body garbageman to knock in rebounds. He has neither

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Positive
No player other than Ericsson were real bad.
We were good at 3 on 5 or should I say we were not so bad.
Team defence was not bad
Howard was fine, a bit leaky on their 1st goal
Negative
We lost the special units battle again. Will this improve?
We did not score goals, one flukey goal will not win many games
Forechecking was not good and we struggled with their forecheck
Where was Z? Did not notice him.
Our PP sucks

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Cleary and Abby have no idea how to get open for a feed from Pavs. If they do happen by chance to be open they can't handle his passes. It's really frustrating to watch. Pavs needs a skilled player to work with and a big body garbageman to knock in rebounds. He has neither

Sounds like Nyquist and Bertuzzi.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Our PP sucks

Yeah, on the road.

PP+PK at home = 24.6% + 83.7% = 108.3%.
PP+PK on the road = 0.0% + 67.6% = 67.6%. (league worst sum)

Like we are at TOP6 with 5-on-5 goals, but these special teams are causing all the losses on the road. Othervise we are surprisingly good.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Yeah, on the road.

PP+PK at home = 24.6% + 83.7% = 108.3%.
PP+PK on the road = 0.0% + 67.6% = 67.6%. (league worst sum)

Like we are at TOP6 with 5-on-5 goals, but these special teams are causing all the losses on the road. Othervise we are surprisingly good.

Then Babcock is happy, he cares most for 5 on 5.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Positive
No player other than Ericsson were real bad.
We were good at 3 on 5 or should I say we were not so bad.
Team defence was not bad
Howard was fine, a bit leaky on their 1st goal
Negative
We lost the special units battle again. Will this improve?
We did not score goals, one flukey goal will not win many games
Forechecking was not good and we struggled with their forecheck
Where was Z? Did not notice him.
Our PP sucks

That first batch of 5-on-3s killed our momentum, and we never got it back. Until then, I thought the Wings were carrying the play pretty well. After that, the Kings started rolling and we couldn't quite get it going again.

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
3) Who the hell makes an iffy call for a 5-on-3?

That's one of the keys I was wondering. When we're on a powerplay it always seems like the other team gets away with a ton of borderline stuff. Which is what I'd expect and don't have a problem with. But then we're on the PK and we get called for every little chintzy possible-infraction they could possibly pull out of their *****.

JmanWingsFan

Your average Jman
Aug 18, 2011
Somewhere
Red Wings feel they were burned by the officials after being clipped and blindsided by the Kings

It takes a really bad performance by the zebras to get the Wings to even notice them, and they usually brush it off and say the routine "We didn't play well enough." When Pavel Datsyuk chooses to grace us with rare words, and uses that time to question the officiating, that takes a special kind of epic failure. I know people frown upon blaming the refs, but it was a weak and questionable call that put us on our 3rd 5-3 PK, which led to the tying goal (chances are, we kill the penalty on a 5-4, considering the Kings weren't having any success on the PP last night). It was a terrible non-call that prevented the Kings from being pinned in their own end during the time they got the go ahead goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad