Post-Game Talk: Game 2 - YUCK!!!!! - Bruins have not beaten Colorado in Boston in 20 years - 4-0 AVS FINAL

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

Boston-Bruins-1995-2006-Alternate-Primary-Logo.png

PLAY BY PLAY REPORT

GAME SUMMARY

EVENT SUMMARY

FACEOFF SUMMARY

TOI - BRUINS

VIDEO LOWLIGHTS

Last edited:

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Unless it's the Stanley Cup finals, that's the last Bruins home game I'm watching vs. the Colorado Avalanche.

20 years, unbelievable.

bolt thrower

No war!
Aug 26, 2006
That was probably the worst game I have seen in 10 years, just brutal from start to finish.

maxbme

Jan 13, 2016
Bruins were real sloppy but goaltending was the biggest factor. Varlamov was standing on his head while Tuuka let in a few softies. That Yak goal was a mess on all fronts

Vatrano, Debrusk, McAvoy and Carlo were the bright spots.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Turn the page on that one.

At least Rask stunk on a night there was no goal support. Would have lost anyways.

Amen. Hard to blame the goalie when the team doesn't score a goal, but he picked the right game to suck..

bolt thrower

No war!
Aug 26, 2006
Bruins were real sloppy but goaltending was the biggest factor. Varlamov was standing on his head while Tuuka let in a few softies. That Yak goal was a mess on all fronts

Vatrano, Debrusk, McAvoy and Carlo were the bright spots.

As bad as Rask has been today I don't think that Varlamov was the difference. The Bruins did not really generate any offence nor had they many chances to score, they just flat out sucked.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I almost called in "sick" to go to this one. Glad I didn't.

One positive. If Beleksey can play like he did tonight, he is a useful player for the Bruins or another team.

Excited to see Krug once he gets his timing back. Was fun the few times they got 4 man rushes or 5 guys involved in the offensive zone.

Some of it is because of the injuries and breaking new guys in, but I hope that the mix/matching of the lines calms down at some point. Its a nice tool to get a jump out of the team when playing poorly, but chemistry is also important.

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10
The only thing notable about this streak to me is how it takes 20 years for 12 games to be played in one city between two teams in opposite conferences. In the 80's and 90's it would have been about 6 years. Lots of expansion and labor disputes since 1998.

Reactions: BMC

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Worst game of the season.

Two straight games with Nash on the PP. Bergy can't come back soon enough.

You knew when Rask had a hole in his glove on the 1st goal that it would be one of those games...

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
The layoff between games to start the season seem a bit excessive.

I definitely think it hurt them in this game to build off of the win Thursday night.

Hopefully Krug will get used to the mask and Bergy will be back on Wednesday

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
While you'd expect to beat COL, I have to admit I'm not surprised we lost. We're still without Bergy/Backes, Krug just came back, we suck on matinee games and for whatever reason we struggle against the Av's. Case in point, going into Rask for his career was 1-4-1 vs the Av's....but he had a 1.87 GAA / .937 SV% over those 6 games.

For whatever reason we just keep seem to beat the Av's

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Let's hope that we don't see stinkers like this one too often. I have not seen the Bruins this bad in quite a while.

C0ach B0mbay

Sep 14, 2009
Boston
Garden ice was so bad today. Humidity in town is heavy. Could really see it on the power play. Paired with an early, fluky goal against it was tough to come back.

Arto Kilponen

Oct 29, 2006
Helsinki, Finland
The only thing notable about this streak to me is how it takes 20 years for 12 games to be played in one city between two teams in opposite conferences. In the 80's and 90's it would have been about 6 years. Lots of expansion and labor disputes since 1998.

At least these days each team plays home-and-home against everyone. Much better than it used to be and much better than in NFL for example.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Ryan Spooner was an absolute zero today. Guy gets a crack to play with some stars and blows it.

Great player in the preseason though.

I'm pretty much ready to dump him and see what Kuraly, Czarnik or JFK can do.

Reactions: wintersej and BMC

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Ryan Spooner was an absolute zero today. Guy gets a crack to play with some stars and blows it.

Great player in the preseason though.

I'm pretty much ready to dump him and see what Kuraly, Czarnik or JFK can do.

Spooner hasn't been good.

But two of those three you mention were, and they didn't get much done either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad