Post-Game Talk: Game 2 SCF: Pens defeat the Preds - Murray and Jake to the rescue!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
+++ Murray: We don't win this game w/o Murray buying us all the time in the world. He was tremendous. Save after save after save. Main reason we won. This guy deserves all the credit and some for this win. Absolutely incredible stuff.

+++ Jake: When our stars aren't stars, Jake comes to the rescue. What a story. I don't have enough words for Jake. It's the best story of the playoffs, IMO.

+ PK: Great stuff. Cole/Bones especially. Cullen and Rowney deserve love, too.

+ Sheary: His speed is causing issues for Nashville. We need Hags or Archie for Wilson. They are causing all sorts of issues.

- Stars/Powerplay: I didn't like the game from Geno, Sid, or Kessel. A lot more effort is needed from them and they are the reason our PP was brutal. No movement because they were not engaged in wanting to win the battle on the PP. It almost cost us the game if not for Murray/Jake.

- Maatta: BRUTAL game. Good lord. Back to back brutal games.

- Where is our composure? Let Nashville get frustrated. Don't get into the ****. Don't engage. Just let them be frustrated.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
so unbelievably huge that after game 1, you go out and chase rinne in game 2. it would be huge without his shocking history against the pens, but there's simply no way he and the team aren't thinking about it now. meanwhile murray is ROCK SOLID

there's a lot of guys scoring goals but guentzel getting his touch back is by far the most important thing happening on the forward side of things. ANOTHER gwg. hard to say which was more crucial, since this one lead to an absolute cascade of goals and broke rinne

hainsey had one of his passable games which was definitely big as well

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Pens get called for two penalties at once, with one being a questionable penalty. Also, the Pens have a goal called back on that offside challenge. I guess it's all even on the conspiracies, right? Right?!

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
+++ Murray: We don't win this game w/o Murray buying us all the time in the world. He was tremendous. Save after save after save. Main reason we won. This guy deserves all the credit and some for this win. Absolutely incredible stuff.

+++ Jake: When our stars aren't stars, Jake comes to the rescue. What a story. I don't have enough words for Jake. It's the best story of the playoffs, IMO.

+ PK: Great stuff. Cole/Bones especially. Cullen and Rowney deserve love, too.

+ Sheary: His speed is causing issues for Nashville. We need Hags or Archie for Wilson. They are causing all sorts of issues.

- Stars/Powerplay: I didn't like the game from Geno, Sid, or Kessel. A lot more effort is needed from them and they are the reason our PP was brutal. No movement because they were not engaged in wanting to win the battle on the PP. It almost cost us the game if not for Murray/Jake.

- Maatta: BRUTAL game. Good lord. Back to back brutal games.

- Where is our composure? Let Nashville get frustrated. Don't get into the ****. Don't engage. Just let them be frustrated.

1. I have no idea what Sully said to them after the first, but it was good.

2. They are frustrated.

Ragamuffin Gunner

Lost in the Flood
Aug 15, 2008
Boston
MM held the fort!

Including the Horny goal the Pens 10 goals have been:

PP point shot: 1
ENG: 1
Tick-tack-toe passing: 1
Snipe off the rush: 2
Throw the puck at the net and get a bounce: 5

Maybe we should just shoot more?

SirBrad

Sep 30, 2009
I felt so confident for these guys coming into tonight. They lived up to it.

dig1

Mar 1, 2015
I like the fact that we converted on the odd man rushes. I think Nashville D will not be taking liberty to attack in the next few games. that puts a serious message to them to play honest..at least i hope so....i wonder what you guys think about that specific aspect of the game

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
I don't know if i've ever seen a team this beat up, pushed to the brink of elimination twice, and still getting so far on sheer force of will. They are a sight to behold.

Koempel

Mar 8, 2010
Leuven
Only saw the 3rd (need to get some sleep some time), so reading the earlier threads was quite amusing. Seems Murray and the Guentzel guided them to victory :) .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad